Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am sure that anyone who has lost a pet has heard this, and it isn't really a prayer but:

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER...

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
midnightbirdgirl said:
JOB 12:7-10

You have only to ask the cattle, for them to instruct you, and the birds of the sky, for them to inform you. The creeping things of earth will give you lessons, and the fish of the sea provide you an explanation: there is not one such creature but will know that the hand of God has arranged things like this! In his hand is the soul of every living thing and the breath of every human being!

PROVERBS 12:10

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal

ECCLESIASTES 3:19-21

Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust and to dust all return. Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

LUKE 12:6

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God.

There are even more verses, but with this I say yes.
MBG:clap:

Thank you! I'm going to print this and save it!

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
midnightbirdgirl said:
JOB 12:7-10

You have only to ask the cattle, for them to instruct you, and the birds of the sky, for them to inform you. The creeping things of earth will give you lessons, and the fish of the sea provide you an explanation: there is not one such creature but will know that the hand of God has arranged things like this! In his hand is the soul of every living thing and the breath of every human being!

PROVERBS 12:10

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal

ECCLESIASTES 3:19-21

Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath, man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust and to dust all return. Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

LUKE 12:6

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God.

There are even more verses, but with this I say yes.
MBG:clap:
These are beautiful verses and I am not sure what bible they are from but I would like to point out that some words are not translated the same in other versions of the bible, for instance:
Job 12:10 the NKJV does not use the word souls but life. In whose hand is the life of every living thing.
Ecclesiastes 3:21 Once again the NKJV does not use the word "if". Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth? It is not saying it is not known where humans go and where animals go. Both humans and animals die and go to the grave but this is not the end for the human beings----they will face eternal life or death.
I thought the different translations were of interest.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As many here have so eloquently stated why we should pray for our pets, I just want to add my support.

I work for an animal hospital and pray for pets every day (I confess I pray for my own little dog the most...my hubby and I cherish her so much!). :)

I do see prayer for pets answered on a regular basis! God has given us dominion over the animals, and I see that as a HUGE responsiblity to care for them...and when we care for others, we pray for them, don't we?

Tail wags and face licks,;)

BlondieLashes

Reactions: Evee
Upvote 0
L

L1rider

BlondieLashes said:
As many here have so eloquently stated why we should pray for our pets, I just want to add my support.

I work for an animal hospital and pray for pets every day (I confess I pray for my own little dog the most...my hubby and I cherish her so much!). :)

I do see prayer for pets answered on a regular basis! God has given us dominion over the animals, and I see that as a HUGE responsiblity to care for them...and when we care for others, we pray for them, don't we?

BlondieLashes

You know I just LOVE this little BlondieLashes she is the best!
Oh yes, she is my wife so you know I am a bit partial to her.

L1:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes I always pray for my animals and the stray and the ones that are dumped.
In most cases all I can offer is prayer.
I have so many pets can't afford no more but I do pray for them.
I think God would want us to pray for and help the defenseless.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evee said:
Yes I always pray for my animals and the stray and the ones that are dumped.
In most cases all I can offer is prayer.
I have so many pets can't afford no more but I do pray for them.
I think God would want us to pray for and help the defenseless.

People like you give me hope :)
:hug: :kiss:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
3girls2dogs said:
People like you give me hope :)
:hug: :kiss:
Thanks I do love the helpless animal, there is no one but us animal lovers to do as much as we can.
Some call me fanatic and weird but it doesn't matter.
I feel God calls us to be caretakers and care givers.

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
birdfriend said:
Thank you also it is something I feel is very important to make a better world.
I will rep a couple or so, I am not on my pc and the reps don't seem to work on this one.
You nice animal lovers has reps coming it is a nice way of encouraging others.
I will rep you all sunday when I get home.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.