Should we listen or learn from Christians who are millionaires?

Should we take advice from Christians who are millionaires?

• Total voters

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to Google:

1. Pat Robertson, Networth: 100 Million.
2. Billy Graham, Networth when he died: 25 Million.
3. T.D. Jakes, Networth: 147 Million.
4. Kenneth Copeland, Networth: Although Celebrity Net Worth reported his worth at $300 million, other reports say Copeland could be worth $750 million or more.
5. Joel Olsteen, Networth: 55 Million.
6. Benny Hinn, Networth: 42 Million.
7. Joyce Meyer, Networth: 8 Million.
8. Joseph Prince, Networth: 5 Million.
9. Rick Warren, Networth: 25 Million.
10. Lee Strobel, Networth: 8 Million.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Just Another User

Nov 24, 2018
The United part
✟15,817.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gaining such an amount of money is obscene and usually always done through questionable means. Why should we listen to people if they're not forsaking all their possessions? If you know of brothers and sisters in want or see anyone who is in need for that matter I can't see how you would have the time to work to be a millionaire let alone have the money to be that rich.

They'll be some exceptions obviously but with that amount of money, I would have to wonder which master they're serving between God and Money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What about formerly impoverished lottery winners. How many lives were destroyed or made worse? Does it not take a certain kind of human to manage Mammon? Can a minion of the world serve both Mammon and Kingdom?

Upvote 0

Just Another User

Nov 24, 2018
The United part
✟15,817.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Comparatively speaking, in the U.S., we're all millionaires...

Yeah that's true. At least in my country if you earn over £25,000 you'd be classed as the top global 1%. Nevertheless, I would say that if a "rich" person forsakes their possessions (which means their property becomes the churches to use freely for those brothers and sisters in need and want) and give willingly when they see people in need; in secret of course; then I say this is an act of being poor in spirit.

Nevertheless, what it means to be a "rich" person varies between nations and their material conditions and Christians should act accordingly to each situation which is why I'm hesitate to say that every "millionaire" shouldn't be listened to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm looking for the verse that tells us to condemn others who claim to be Christians because they are more well off than we are.
John 21:20-22
(20) Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
(21) Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
(22) Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
then I say this is an act of being poor in spirit.

Nevertheless, what it means to be a "rich" person varies between nations and their material conditions and Christians should act accordingly to each situation which is why I'm hesitate to say that every "millionaire" shouldn't be listened to.

Being rich can also mean rich in the ways of mankind rather than of the Kingdom. Hard for someone rich in the ways of man to enter a world of alternate ideals.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm looking for the verse that tells us to condemn others who claim to be Christians because they are more well off than we are.
Condemn? Let's just say they shall be known by their fruits. Are they of the world of man or of the Kingdom

Upvote 0

Just Another User

Nov 24, 2018
The United part
✟15,817.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being rich can also mean rich in the ways of mankind rather than of the Kingdom. Hard for someone rich in the ways of man to enter a world of alternate ideals.

Very, very true. I wouldn't mind being a millionaire in God's Kingdom were we have forsaken all possessions and being the first under his reign by helping anyone when I can.

• Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't mind being a millionaire in God's Kingdom were we have forsaken all possessions and being the first under his reign by helping anyone when I can.

Well helping each other might help break up the day to day existence of eternity. Funny how little time we have for that in a finite existence here :)

Upvote 0

Just Another User

Nov 24, 2018
The United part
✟15,817.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well helping each other might help break up the day to day existence of eternity. Funny how little time we have for that in a finite existence here :)

Indeed. Is there a better way to spend our rough 80 years on the planet than loving our brothers and sisters in faith and loving our enemies whoever they are?

Lest us not forget than despite not being in the kingdom literally, we're still in it spiritually and should be trying to live like it everyday. Thank the Lord we've got the Sermon on the Mount.

• Winner
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I answered "Maybe, it depends" because it really does depend on how they became a millionaire. Nothing at all wrong with being successful as long as it's done the right way. Did they invest wisely or work hard? Then yes. Did they cheat and steal? Then no.

Generally though, if one wants to know how to accomplish something, they seek advice from those who have successfully accomplished it themselves. If you want to know how to be financially successful, ask someone who is. If you want to know how to lose weight, ask someone who has done it. If you want to be at peace and free of anxiety, ask someone who is at peace.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0