• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Should we allow immigrants into our country?

Discussion in 'Social Justice Ministries' started by mathinspiration, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Bob Carabbio

Bob Carabbio Old guy -

+446
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    To begin with the U.S. IS NOT a "Christian Country". That would be in violation of the Constitution. The U.S. is a "Constitutional Republic" IN WHICH many Born Again Christians live, and to a decreasing degree, some Biblical principles were followed in the government.

But HEY - go ahead and invite an "Immigrant" into your house to live and support until they get their "feet on the ground". My Father did with his wife's family (5 immigrants from Northern Ireland about 100 years ago). They all became Naturalized Citizens, and went on to establish their individual families, and careers.

2. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,185
    Christian
    Single
    Hello! I see you are from the United States. If you are not 'native American' then your forebears were immigrants at one time or another. God Bless :)

3. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+997
    Catholic
    Single
    No matter where you go, if you decide to reside there you have to be legal.

4. QvQ

QvQ New Member

+17
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The US is short of water. There is water rationing in CA, NV, AZ, NM. That deserted land in TX is Dry and also blasted by Tornadoes regularly. The Federal Trust Lands protect watersheds and habitat. In CA, why not build more houses for the homeless? No Water. The aquifers are going dry and that means no more AG. No more AG, no more food. The US has a carrying capacity of 200 million. We are way over that and the wells are running dry

5. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+4,207
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    There is no problem with immigration. All countries depend on it greatly.

The problem is when you start saying that anyone, any time should be able to immigrate and just come live in your country.

Cells in our bodies have membranes, cell walls, that descern what comes into it. They allow certain things in and certain things must be removed from inside the cell.

When bad things sneak by, we get sick and can even die.

This is what the boarders of a country do. They allow people in, when we need them and they will benefit the country... We keep them out if they are a threat to the safety of the population.

In relation to the native americans and how they were treated and how all that went down...

I must remind myself of how things were carried out in the lands of Europe for centuries... You simply invaded the land, killed all the men, raped the women and took it over.... In the end, that ethnic or group of people ceased to exist... all of them.. Then you started a new nation.. only to have the same thing done to you in a century or two.

That was the way..

Do you... Do we actually think that if the British and Spanish and Dutch had of just respected the great people who were in this land, back then.... and left them alone... That later, the Germans, Asian or some other power would not have come and wiped them out later?

Do you actually think that they would still be here today?

Sadly, that is not the way of this wretched world.

I think that they were a great people... just that the ways of this world found them and did what they did to every other people of any land that got conquered.

Was it right, was it Christian... nope.... But, that was the way things unfolded for centuries.

6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+23,391
    Anglican
    Married

7. jimburton

jimburton New Member

+1
    Bahamas
    Presbyterian
    In Relationship
    No.
    Deuteronomy 32:8 "When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, when he divided all mankind, he set up boundaries for the peoples according to the number of the sons of Israel."

Refugees are being forced from their country using economic leverage. And Christianity has become so corrupted by liberal progressivism that many Christians believe that's a good thing. The Christian thing would be to oppose the forces destroying those nations, not embracing the destruction of our own society out of a missplaced sense of compassion.

8. jimburton

jimburton New Member

+1
    Bahamas
    Presbyterian
    In Relationship
    This sentiment is not Christianity. This is liberal progressivism.This is what you think when you place CNN above the bible. With this thinking Europe would have been overrun by mohammedans 1200 years ago as is currently happening at present. Christians are being subjected to genocide on a global scale and immigration of people hostile to Christianity is one of the main methods for eliminating us in the west. Viewing the elimination of the body of Christ as a positive because your television tells you that "nations depend on it" is satanic. Unknowingly satanic, but still satanic.

Jesus didn't say "love everyone" because it's not possible for us to love everyone. Finite beings don't possess infinite love. Jesus told us to "love thy neighbor" allowing your neighbors to be displaced by foreign invaders is not love of they neighbor, it's hatred or ambivalence toward thy neighbor.

9. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+4,207
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I guess you missed my next line..

Where I stated: "The problem is when you start saying that anyone, any time should be able to immigrate and just come live in your country."

Maybe read my entire post...

10. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+3,394
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That's my concern as well - without naturalization.

Think it's time to change the law that anyone born here is an American to non-American parents.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020 at 8:27 AM