Should the Constitution be regularly revised?

TRVL ONE

May 14, 2019
Austin
✟3,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Which Bible? Catholic or Protestant? If you respond with Protestant, then which Bible version and doctrinal interpretation of the Bible would you prefer? Which specific Protestant denomination would you prefer to be endorsed and promoted above all the rest of the Protestant denominations?

I could say the same thing about any type of secular or religious committee making any type of decision.

If it was up to me what would I do? Are you making me a king in this example? A king with absolute power? or in a democracy?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that the consitition should be amendened, so that it has to line up with the bible.

The bible (the New Covenant) adjures self government.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It is up for debate whether this country was founded on Christian principles or not, or by Christian politicians or not.
No.
It isn’t.
It was NOT “founded on Christian principles”.
Sorry, not sorry.

Upvote 0

TRVL ONE

May 14, 2019
Austin
✟3,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So long First Amendment!

As a Christian I believe there is no greater authority than the bible on all subjects. Therefore I put the bible above all man made ideas, and the bible was written by God through people.

Upvote 0

TRVL ONE

May 14, 2019
Austin
✟3,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The bible (the New Covenant) adjures self government.

Self government? A people by the people and for the people? I assume that is what you are saying? If that is so, which I believe it is then you are deceived, because this country is controlled by a different group all together.

Upvote 0

TRVL ONE

May 14, 2019
Austin
✟3,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
No.
It isn’t.
It was NOT “founded on Christian principles”.
Sorry, not sorry.

I'm sure if you post this question on the forum, that people will debate you. People are liars, how much of so called history can we believe? People have hidden agendas.

I personally believe that some people were Christians in power and others were not. In my opinion I'm leaning that the majority of the people in power were not Christians, since there are masonic symbols all over Washington and even our money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Self government? A people by the people and for the people? I assume that is what you are saying? If that is so, which I believe it is then you are deceived, because this country is controlled by a different group all together.

I'm speaking of self- government in terms of behavior, morals, etc. which lends themselves to good citizenship without secular government. I don't steal, so I have no need for police, judge and jury, prison, etc. Although I will call them if I am robbed or attacked.

I don't need outside 'governance' to behave myself, be productive, do what's right, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TRVL ONE

May 14, 2019
Austin
✟3,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm speaking of self- government in terms of behavior, morals, etc. which lends themselves to good citizenship without secular government. I don't steal, so I have no need for police, judge and jury, prison, etc. Although I will call them if I am robbed or attacked.

I don't need outside 'governance' to behave myself, be productive, do what's right, etc.

Everyone sins, so everyone needs to be watched.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
First of all "man" is defining these "rights", not God through his bible.

Our "rights" would be biblical based, not man based.
Again, which of the ones enumerated in the bill of rights go away in your plan?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0