United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lately I have been having a lot of thoughts of quitting my job. A lot of people can only dream to get into this organization that I am employed. I really need guidance.

It just seems like my passion has disappeared (not sure if it's an attack from the enemy or if it's just God telling me to move on)? This organization has really helped me in my faith however not a lot of people know my work has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety, my boss being micromanager, and also shows favouritism and subtle discrimination in my team. Some discrimination as well at work. Can't tell HR, as everyone is close to my boss, even the boss of the HR is friends with my boss. Certain things are really not fair at my work. ANd this caused me to be sick.

Secondly, some of my relationship in my fellowship has changed for the worse. I suddenly feel excluded from groups within, which didn't happen before. And then someone complained about me to management to get me fired and it was slander issue.

I feel very hurt by all the things that happened. Years before I worked in this organization I received confirmation in the Lord that it was his will I work at this place. However, now suddenly everything starts going downhill - my health, my work and my relationships. Is this the enemy trying to attack me or is this God transitioning me to a different work place?

If someone can please help guide me... Anyone here prophetic that can prohesy over me so I will know God's will?

For what it’s worth, I’ve been employed at the same place for 20:years. Along the way there were times I was MISERABLE and just HAD to get out of there.

You don’t have to stay, you have freedom. But I can say that it is at least possible to stay and end up better for it, regardless of what you feel like now.

Reactions: johnbastion
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This work for a big Christian organization, very well known in the city that I live. Staff value relationships and many staff people have very strong personal ties with each other. One time I was treated unfairly by a coworker, I spoke up to my boss and superior and told her how I was being treated. However, because of my co-worker and boss close relationship, my complaint was dismissed. There was no objectivity in my boss, she tends to have a bias as she always sides with people she is close with, and not necessarily what is fair and right. I learned not to voice out any complains or even give any negative feedback, even to the executives as Im the low man in the totem pole and not to go against the grain, because I've been reprimanded for doing so before and don't want to lose my job. I noticed after that incident I was excluded to meetings and my boss started to exclude me from even meeting with other stakeholders, like she just wants to keep me there and not have any professional growth. However I can't stay in this kind of environment any longer. I'm disappointed to be working with people who claim to be Christians but who respect people by "position" and "connection"... who look at "appearances" and promote people they like, and not those who are qualified for the job. If you are in a high position and well connected to senior leadership, you are basically respected...and if you are like me, you are ignored and not heard.

Thanks. Unfortunately I have no useful advice for you. My attitude towards employment has always been toward the work itself. Shop/store/office relationships mean little to me. My motto is "the job is the boss". Satisfy that 'boss' and all will be well.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Lately I have been having a lot of thoughts of quitting my job. A lot of people can only dream to get into this organization that I am employed. I really need guidance.
Life's experiences have led me to think that you should quit your job IF--

You know what you will do afterwards, that it is guaranteed, that you know all the good and bad of whatever that new venture is, that the costs and discomfort associated with the change are fully understood in advance, and that there is no possibility of moderating whatever it is that upsets you about your current position.

In summary, the grass often looks greener on the other side of such career changes. It doesn't always turn out to be so. Therefore, you need to be absolutely certain that it is before acting.

Reactions: profoundgrace
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
boss being micromanager, and also shows favouritism and subtle discrimination in my team. feel excluded from groups within, which didn't happen before. And then someone complained about me to management

all of this has happened where my husband works & it all began with a CEO change to a micromanager

several men have quit

however, the grass is not always greener somewhere else
some who have quit asked to come back when they realized their new jobs were worse!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
so I will know God's will?
Hebrews 13:5
KJ21
Let your manner of living be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have. For He hath said, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”;

ASV
Be ye free from the love of money; content with such things as ye have: for himself hath said,

I will in no wise fail thee, neither will I in any wise forsake thee.

AMP
Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed—be financially ethical],

being content with what you have; for He has said, “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless],

nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!”

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For what it’s worth, I’ve been employed at the same place for 20:years. Along the way there were times I was MISERABLE and just HAD to get out of there.

You don’t have to stay, you have freedom. But I can say that it is at least possible to stay and end up better for it, regardless of what you feel like now.

I know the saying that we should endure and persevere through trials, but it's not easy...and especially as my mental health is suffering

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First step is to go to boss privately and see if what is behind the change of attitude towards you can be resolved. Bless your boss with appreciation and respect.
I have tried. But my boss is the type of person who will tell you everything is okay, but then subtly do things to sabotage you. I have noticed this a lot of times. Passive-aggressive.

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 13:5
KJ21
Let your manner of living be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have. For He hath said, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”;

ASV
Be ye free from the love of money; content with such things as ye have: for himself hath said,

I will in no wise fail thee, neither will I in any wise forsake thee.

AMP
Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed—be financially ethical],

being content with what you have; for He has said, “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless],

nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!”

I am actually not trying to get rich or anything. I just want a better working environment. I know God is with me, but should we be contented in staying in a situation that is just bringing us down?

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. Unfortunately I have no useful advice for you. My attitude towards employment has always been toward the work itself. Shop/store/office relationships mean little to me. My motto is "the job is the boss". Satisfy that 'boss' and all will be well.
I think most Men who are Thinking types are like this, but for more of the Feelers (like myself) interpersonal relationships in the workplace is very important and one of my top values

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know the saying that we should endure and persevere through trials, but it's not easy...and especially as my mental health is suffering
I get the point and we all can sympathize. Following-up on my previous reply, what to do is largely a matter of accurate comparisons, not just that you are unhappy at present.

I know a number of people who bailed out of some job because of what, admittedly, were reasonable complaints, only to find that what they hoped and thought they would turn to afterwards turned out to be worse.

Often that was because they only saw the superficial, exterior, parts of the alternative, or were misled by someone, or else the deal was good enough but did not last.

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God speaks only through scripture. Pastor prophets are not mini Popes.
I believe God speaks through other Christians to speak to us sometimes, to encourage us. I don't believe we should limit the ways God can speak to us. I appreciate you sharing what you believe though, but I will just politely disagree.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get the point and we all can sympathize. Following-up on my previous reply, what to do is largely a matter of accurate comparisons, not just that you are unhappy at present.

I know a number of people who bailed out of some job because of what, admittedly, were reasonable complaints, only to find that what they hoped and thought they would turn to afterwards turned out to be worse.

Often that was because they only saw the superficial, exterior, parts of the alternative, or were misled by someone, or else the deal was good enough but did not last.
Thank you for the heads up. I really have to objectively count the pros and cons of the alternatives. I tend to go with my emotions sometimes and there are times when I forget to count the cost, so your post was a good reminder. The good thing is that I know my future is in God's hands and that even if I decisions that are second best, I know He will work everything for the good

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
adding on:
although my husband has persevered at his job, I never did

often moved on from jobs for various reasons
however, never had trouble obtaining a new job since I have a degree & supervisory experience

not a career type person
all my jobs were different, although some were related

so move on & learn something new if you want
it's exciting starting new jobs & making friends with new co-workers
Yes I think it's good to think of the other work possibilities too. Sometimes I think its the fear thats preventing a lot of people from leaving the job they hate, because they fear they won't find anything else. But sometimes the more risks, the more rewards. But at the same time I know, we just have to balance out every decision carefully.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just want to thank everyone who replied and gave me advice... I just felt more free after sharing the struggles I have. I have been faking it at work pretending everything is okay when I was carrying a lot of this inside. I want to always speak the truth but when I did that before in my job, I got into trouble. So I just feel better now I got this issue off my chest.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am actually not trying to get rich or anything. I just want a better working environment. I know God is with me, but should we be contented in staying in a situation that is just bringing us down?
One word came to mind when reading the OP - it may or may not be pertinent in your situation -

"ABIDE IN HIM" - "abide" mean or includes sticking with Him in the most difficult situations , times, and circumstances - just like the disciples CHAINED IN PRISON (cold hard rock/stone prison) at midnight
SANG HYMNS OF PRAISE IN JOY

not complaining, not seeking to escape (and DID NOT escape nor try to even when the chains fell off and the doors all opened about /at/ midnight ) .....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I want to always speak the truth but when I did that before in my job, I got into trouble.
Yes, this happens every day to many all over the world*. As Jesus lets us know ahead of time: IF anyone stands up for the truth (openly), they will be turned on, mocked, attacked, just as I AM...

but BE OF GOOD CHEER - ! I HAVE overcome the world.

The world hates Jesus. The world, all society, hates the TRUTH.

12So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall. 13

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it. 14Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think most Men who are Thinking types are like this, but for more of the Feelers (like myself) interpersonal relationships in the workplace is very important and one of my top values
Peace is desired ? (Biblical Peace, as Jesus Gives ? )

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One word came to mind when reading the OP - it may or may not be pertinent in your situation -

"ABIDE IN HIM" - "abide" mean or includes sticking with Him in the most difficult situations , times, and circumstances - just like the disciples CHAINED IN PRISON (cold hard rock/stone prison) at midnight
SANG HYMNS OF PRAISE IN JOY

not complaining, not seeking to escape (and DID NOT escape nor try to even when the chains fell off and the doors all opened about /at/ midnight ) .....

Thanks I needed to reminded to abide in him. Perhaps God is shaping me through the trials I'm experiencing workplace? I feel I am still not mature... as everytime hardships come my way, I just want to find a way to solve it or make it go away. I think thats my dilemma is - should we endure through difficulties without complaining? or should we be real with God like David and presented his complaints to the Lord?

Upvote 0