Should I kill my children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

perfection

Jesus said' You have heard from the old sayings ' eye for eye , tooth for tooth' but i tell you to love your enemies, and pray for those who want your lives.

we must love our enemies - let go of anger, hate, envy, bitterness, and the refusal to forgive. These things destroy the spirit. We will have to account for how we treat others.

Therefore the New way of Jesus has preference , because this is the word of the Son Of God, and not of a human. And therefore should be given more credibility.

Killing is out of the question.

The way most people treat eachother is just basal and barbaric , it goes further in higher heavenly realms , they don't treat animals like we do here on earth. People who choose to love everyone and everything are the ones who are able to maintain the higher lifestyle that is required to make your own heaven. People who are vegetarian are considered to be of a 'higher' spiritual level on the account that they love so much that they are unable to kill gods life.

Thou shall not kill.

Is a commandment, it contains that we should not murder another person no matter what. We shouldn't kill children/animal life. NO KILLING , NO MURDERING.

Anything that isn't LOVE should be avoided like the plague.

Upvote 0
Mar 20, 2005
✟134.00
Faith
Anglican
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up! BUT, may I draw your attention to Mark Chapter 7:

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: 11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. 12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; 13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Can you interpret that please?

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2004
✟9,548.00
Faith
Baptist
when you're doing math and you add up 50 and 48 and get 258, do you have to check all your working out to make sure you have the right answer without knowing that 50 + 48 could never be above 100, let alone 258? likewise, do you have to wonder wether you should kill your own children or if the new testament is real before you know the answer?

Upvote 0

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
jesuschristtwo said:
In Levitcus it says I should kill my children if they curse my name. Just wondering what other peoples thoughts were on this. Has anybody tried it? Should I do it? Bit of parenting 101.

I don't have children yet, but hopefully one day I will.

God Bless,

Mary Hansen

One of the reasons Jesus died was so that we would not have to do the punishments that are mentioned in the Old Testament, things such as being stoned to death for adultery, and for killing your children as you mentioned, and even the sacraficial things such as the killing of lambs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.