Gainesville
✟20,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've started contemplating a holy celibacy, my desires are distractions. I am not alone within the church, I am a member of the body. My heart is fulfilled during the liturgy.

The sacrament of marriage is beautiful, but I see my brethren who struggle against their flesh and I would prefer they marry those beautiful daughters of God over myself. For as the years have gone by, my strength against Lust has grown by resistance to it.

Since I am able, should I not maintain my celibacy and instead take the role of cautious matchmaker?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cherishedteddies

Dec 21, 2022
Covington
✟8,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is the minimum requirement that I'm looking for in a wife:

- Daily Bible Reading, Daily Prayer.
- Actual Member of her local church.
- Do a church related activity outside of regular church service, like a small group.
- Support her church financially.
- Is not divorced.
- Must strive to mortify sins.

So, I messaged this list to a married couple at my local church they gave me the green light but some of my relatives (that are Christians) told I'm asking too much. I have a high desire to get married but I'm very risk intolerant. Which is why I have this list. I don't really care what she looks like and preferably she would be in my age range aka 3 years in either direction.

Also, I noticed that when a Christian single woman is into me, they can't have me for whatever reason, so they are in a dating relationship, or they make the excuse they recently broke up with their boyfriend but it was at least 3 plus months ago, or other reasons.
Why don't you join a singles group and if you notice a woman who you think you might like, ask her out on a date, or ask her if you could spend some quality time with her. I pray for you to find a wife that you will be happy with.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

- Do a church related activity outside of regular church service, like a small group.
- Is not divorced.

So, I messaged this list to a married couple at my local church they gave me the green light but some of my relatives (that are Christians) told I'm asking too much. I have a high desire to get married but I'm very risk intolerant. Which is why I have this list. I don't really care what she looks like and preferably she would be in my age range aka 3 years in either direction.

Also, I noticed that when a Christian single woman is into me, they can't have me for whatever reason, so they are in a dating relationship, or they make the excuse they recently broke up with their boyfriend but it was at least 3 plus months ago, or other reasons.
Daily bible reading and prayer is very good. Is not divorced, and coming out of sin also very good, all Godly, biblical qualities of a woman..the rest totally not necessary if not totally useless imho.

These manmade denominational buildings are not the way. Narrow is the way, and few find it. Over 30,000 denominations and a manmade building on every street in America doesn’t seem narrow and found by few to me. They can serve as a starting point, however one should seek to grow in the faith and move beyond the realm of denominational 501c3 buildings which tend to be lorded over by a modern pastor rather than a group of men coming up to speak and be actively involved and sharing their own gifts. Yes, Caesar has control over what many of these denominational buildings and their modern pastors can discuss. Not good. I also surely do not forsake the gathering of the brethren either. But how many people in these manmade denominational buildings are actually brethren? How many leave the timed service then live exactly how the world does during the other 167 hours of the week?

Personally I will take a wife who simply puts God first and foremost, before me or anything else. Which naturally requires all the other things which I desire in a woman..femininity, modestly dressed, mature, rejects the world culture and it’s antichrist trends such as feminism and other unbiblical poisons esteemed by the world. Realizes the importance and high value of womanhood, unlike the pagan or Chino (christian in name only) women who are fixated with trying to be more like men and trying to compete with them and have a hardened nature about them due to the world’s indoctrination.

You should only give up on finding a wife if you no longer desire one. God is much bigger and so far beyond anything in this world, you have to look at things from that perspective rather than that of the world’s perspective. Ask Him to make you a Godly wife, and to make you a man worthy of such. That is the key. Are you a man genuinely worthy of a Godly woman. She may not even be converted yet, so ask Him to make you a wife and lead you two together rather than searching on your own efforts so much and worrying; or wanting things to happen on your own time rather than His. If it is His will, it will happen.

The checklist isn’t necessary, what you need is a woman who you are attracted to who is willing to put the Lord above all, yourself included. It doesn’t matter what manmade denominational building they go to or how much money they give to their tax exempt 501c3 establishment.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian

- Is not divorced.

I would not lay this on someone from the start if they are not doing some of these. Many people don't want to do these types of things alone and may be open to them with a partner if you express interest in them. I will say, most of that would be a turn off for me (I'm not a woman so no sweat off my or your back) :ebil:

Upvote 0