✟9,118.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi OP,

Really sorry to hear your having a bad time with your gaming.

You've already had a number of answers so there would be little more to say really.
But I will try to answer this a bit differently.
Firstly I am a gamer, although not of this kind of game really...
Secondly as this is a simple online game I actually did check it out when writing this.

Firstly these kind of semi offline browser grindy games is a major major time sink and if you spend real money on this then that's pretty sad really, it's almost like they scamming you.
Also please note that these games are psychologically designed to drag you in and keep you in, this is pretty much how they make money.

Secondly you have to understand how the online gaming community work, most people (especially on these games) are children or at least young adults not yet exactly mature. Also never underestimate the power of being anonymous (like I'm pretty much on this forum ;) ) the moment people are anonymous they will do things they will never ever even think of doing in real life to your face. If you can't deal with this you should really either play different games or play in a way that disables the interaction part of the game.
(For example in this game just go to the "More games" tab and don't read the chat... simple)

Thirdly notice that primarily gaming is entertainment, as much as say watching a move is or playing cricket with your friends. If this game is not meeting this requirement and not providing entertainment for you then you should either quite or give it a break. Sometimes just stepping away from things for some time is good, sometimes they are no good. Once again note that there are not only millions of games to play but also endless forms of entertainment, why stick with this one?

The Fourth point is perhaps a bit more difficult to discuss and that is the idea of fantasy and role playing.
If I read a fantasy book set in a fictional universe and it talks about the "god" Hercules or whatever, then that is not really saying anything about this world we live in, it's after all a made up reality. Some people can separate this in their heads and be okay with some can't, you must choose for yourself what is right for you. But I think since you already said "I find it SO offensive" it is clear which side you fall onto.

And Fifthly about the idea of context of sharing your faith perhaps. I do not think a silly online game's anonymous chat is the place to discuss your faith, never mind trying to discuss animal sacrifices. I'm sorry but this just seems completely off the mark. In the general context it is best to first have a real relationship with somebody and then discuss matters of faith, also if you do want to talk about christianity in the public sphere it is highly recommended to know a lot of apologetics (btw that might be a better use of your time maybe?)

Sixth point is stewardship. If you are spending a lot of money on this game you should consider that? Are you in the bounds of what is good stewardship of your money? If not perhaps you should pull back a little bit? Also a game that sucks that much money from you are pretty much the same as gambling... and that is in general pretty much bad stewardship.

In the end you need to make up your own mind how you want to live your life and spend your time...

Upvote 0