Build the PC or Continue to Stay Away from Gaming?

• Build Another PC During Summer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continue to Stay Away From Gaming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jtkyber

Nov 5, 2017
Marietta
✟13,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Several months ago, I sold my gaming pc because I thought it was the thing responsible for my procrastination in college, my lack of physical activity, my lack of social interaction and my lack of time spent with God (bible time, etc). However, after about 5 months of little to no gaming, none of these aspects of my life have improved. Now, instead of gaming, I just watch a lot of YouTube and Twitch (a game live-streaming site.) Also, I have actually spent less time with God and I am procrastinating even more. This is leading me to believe that it was not the gaming that was affecting my life, but rather my lack of self-discipline and time-management skills.

I really enjoy gaming, and have mostly felt regret for selling my pc. It was a great way to hang out with my friends that I don't see often, or at all. I am thinking about using some of the money I get from my internship this summer to build another gaming pc. If I set a limit to the amount of time I can play each day, do you think it would be fine to build it? What do you think God would say?

Reactions: Tina miller

Tina miller

Apr 16, 2018
Freport
✟17,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God is love man. If you really enjoy something, and it is not sinful, by all means I would go back. It seems like you know the video games were not the reason why you procrastinated, or spent less time with God, but you yourself said it was lack of self-discipline. I could say the same thing for myself, and it is not the video games. You should go back and hang with your friends, and enjoy the life God gave you. You only have one life to live, and as long as you love God, and do your best to obey, I see no problem with going back to gaming.

Reactions: jtkyber
Upvote 0