Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Whoa ho ho ho!! Women who stay home with the kids are on a "perma vacation"?? This guy hasn't the foggiest idea what he's talking about. That's the most rude, insulting and downright degrading thing ANYone can say. I have 3 kids, 1 of which is autistic, I homeschool and on top of all that do all my other "wifely" duties!

Unbelievable sexist pig is right!!
What she said.

We only have one child (she's two now and much easier to manage!) and it is all we can both do to keep the lid on things much of the time.

I remember days when my daughter was still an infant and I tried to keep the laundry going, get groceries and maybe try to wash a few dishes. Never mind cooking! Never mind going to the bathroom! Or taking a nap! Forget any of that.
It's a struggle just to make it through the day alive, never mind getting anything done.
I seriously don't know how a parent at home by themself does it with more than one kid!

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I like cooking, but my wife loves to cook, AND is a killer cook with a huge arsenal of recipes (I have none except that which I read the same day), so she does the cooking.
I get my wife new cookbooks every chance I get. Of course it's cookbooks based on stuff I LIKE to eat! lol

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dh likes to cook. I let him when he wants to. He used to be a manager chef at one of our favorite restaurants!

Whichever one knows how to cook what we want, or whichever the baby doesn't want, or who had the better day, or who feels like cooking . . . . cooks. :)

Rachel

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure he cooks! Not very often but he enjoys barbecuing all summer.

Barbequing only in the summer? What? Barbequing is a year round sport as long as it's not too cold for the propane to come out of the tank.

To the OP, I do the majority of the cooking in our house. Only problems arise in that I learned cooking largely in a busy restraunt and the entire concept of clean as you go just doesn't apply to me. I'll destroy the entire kitchen making a sandwich.

Upvote 0

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Barbequing only in the summer? What? Barbequing is a year round sport as long as it's not too cold for the propane to come out of the tank.

Yep, only in the warmer months. It's not a matter of too cold for the propane, but whether it's too cold for hubby. He hates the cold especially since he works in a freezer department at work.

I know, we need to move south. :cool:

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yep, only in the warmer months. It's not a matter of too cold for the propane, but whether it's too cold for hubby. He hates the cold especially since he works in a freezer department at work.

I know, we need to move south. :cool:

Propane stops flowing when it's below about 20 degrees farenheight. That's about -5 for those of you north of the border on that silly metric system.

But for me BBQ is anywhere between 3 and 12 hours of the meat being in the smoker so I'm not out there all that much anyway. 2 or 3 minuts every 45 minutes to hour to check temps and add more wood chips. I did our Christmas prime rib in the smoker last year. VERY yummie.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married

To the OP, I do the majority of the cooking in our house. Only problems arise in that I learned cooking largely in a busy restraunt and the entire concept of clean as you go just doesn't apply to me. I'll destroy the entire kitchen making a sandwich.
I try getting my wife to follow the clean as you go method I picked up working in multiple restaurants and eateries. It just goes against all her instincts! lol
She cooks so well I don't even care anymore.
:)

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I try getting my wife to follow the clean as you go method I picked up working in multiple restaurants and eateries. It just goes against all her instincts! lol
She cooks so well I don't even care anymore.

I "clean as I go" and don't even think about it. It's ingrained into me--mostly because I don't want to clean up a gargantuan mess later. Which means I'll wash a bowl and use it again instead of getting a new one out, etc. Makes things easier after supper.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't speak for all women, but most women I know, including myself, would rather live in a shack with a husband who adores her, than in a mansion with a man who thinks all the women he works with are "hotter" than her, and resents that he has to "fight them off."

Amen!

I remember my mother telling me when I was still a young girl that she knew that she loved my father; "I would live with him, even in a tent or a shack." I made that my personal litmus test in husband-picking...and turned out to be not far from the truth! While we never ended up living in a tent or shack, we DID end up in an unfinished, uninsulated basement with all of our worldy possessions in storage.

Aaaaanyway...a couple of thoughts on the last few posts:

*sigh* barbecue...where we live, in an apartment, it's illegal to barbeque. Fire regulation. As a result, our landlord won't let tenants own one (unless it's kept in storage out of sight). My husband is a KILLER barbecuer. :whyy:

He's also a "clean and go" person. All that's left when he cooks is maybe 2 pans and a couple of utensils. I'm not a "clean and go", but I AM a "stack neatly to get ready to clean and go".

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Propane stops flowing when it's below about 20 degrees farenheight. That's about -5 for those of you north of the border on that silly metric system.

But for me BBQ is anywhere between 3 and 12 hours of the meat being in the smoker so I'm not out there all that much anyway. 2 or 3 minuts every 45 minutes to hour to check temps and add more wood chips. I did our Christmas prime rib in the smoker last year. VERY yummie.

Well north of the border its best to talk about when the propane DOES flow, as in ABOVE 20 degrees. You know, rarely

Upvote 0

kisapuckett

Loving God Passionately
Jul 17, 2010
California
Visit site
✟7,696.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Specialty dishes? Do tell!

Hey WalkswithChrist!

Yes of course! Well one of my specialty dishes is chicken enchilada casserole and the secret to its great homemade taste is adding cream cheese to the sauce (a little secret that I've NEVER told) :)

My hubbie has a couple dishes that I absolutely LOVE, but his 2 main ones is his barbecue ribs (he doctors up his own sauce, this is the secret to the taste) and his tuna salad (people that have tasted it actually wanted to buy it). :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Hey WalkswithChrist!

Yes of course! Well one of my specialty dishes is chicken enchilada casserole and the secret to its great homemade taste is adding cream cheese to the sauce (a little secret that I've NEVER told) :)

My hubbie has a couple dishes that I absolutely LOVE, but his 2 main ones is his barbecue ribs (he doctors up his own sauce, this is the secret to the taste) and his tuna salad (people that have tasted it actually wanted to buy it). :clap:
Don't worry...I won't tell.
:cool:

My wife recently started using Greek yogurt in a chicken curry dish she makes. I thought it was great before, but that kind of yogurt makes it twice as good.
nomnomnom

As for the ribs...you had me at barbecue! lol I love trying different bbq sauces. Bullseye is my current favorite. It works well with my baked bbq chicken recipe. It's thick and doesn't have any nasty high fructose corn syrup like all the other big brands.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

regencygirl

When parasols are in vogue again, I'll be ready.
Apr 8, 2010
Richmond, VA
✟15,188.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do the majority of the cooking, mainly because I have a knack for it, while my husband tends to use the smoke detector as an oven timer and forgets that he's got food on the stove until something dreadful has happened to it. :doh:

He's usually willing to help out, though, or even cook the whole meal himself if I'm working late or not feeling well. We're vegetarian, and he's gotten very good at making meat substitutes out of wheat gluten. He also makes a great stir-fry :yum:

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I do the majority of the cooking, mainly because I have a knack for it, while my husband tends to use the smoke detector as an oven timer and forgets that he's got food on the stove until something dreadful has happened to it. :doh:

He's usually willing to help out, though, or even cook the whole meal himself if I'm working late or not feeling well. We're vegetarian, and he's gotten very good at making meat substitutes out of wheat gluten. He also makes a great stir-fry :yum:
I burned some olive oil the other day...ouch.

Upvote 0