Should Christmas be Celebrated or Rejected?

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have an even better one for you, how about you provide reliable resources that these days are valid and infact biblical. These resources must have a true origin and not start in the 300 AD's when the RCC came into power.

I would like to see your historical evidence as well and if it starts in the NT, prove the origins of where it came from.

Evidence for what? I have not made any claims, assertions or accusations that I need evidence for.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly, the arguments are not even that good. You literally need to reach a lot to claim Yeshua was born on Dec. 25, right on a pagan deity's birthday. YHWH always does things on his holy days, why would he bring Yeshua into the world on a pagan day?

There is that blatantly false accusation again. I have been on this forum for 1.5 decades and I have been asking for credible, verifiable, historical evidence, that long, that any pagan deity was born on or that anything of significance to any pagan religion occurred on December 25? And I have never seen any such evidence. Maybe you will surprise me and provide such evidence but I highly doubt it because I have been searching myself and I have never seen any.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Actually, there is video on NASA'a website of one of the Mars mission engineers that saying that they have to figure out how to get a human beyond the Van Allen radiation belt... inadvertently deflating the original moon missions possibility.

But that another story for another time....

Well, indeed.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, there is video on NASA'a website of one of the Mars mission engineers that saying that they have to figure out how to get a human beyond the Van Allen radiation belt... inadvertently deflating the original moon missions possibility.

But that another story for another time....
Something tells me you have plenty of "stories"......

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, indeed.

Have no fear these men know how to bust through the radiation belt!

download.jpg

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I Corinthians 11.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Like so many you ignore everything 1 Corinthians says. The above verses very clearly show that the setting was eating food, not communion. Paul says "if any man hunger..." Tell, me how a dry biscuit and a sip of wine will stop a man being hungry? I know it would not satisfy my hunger or thirst. Earlier in the chapter it talks about coming together to EAT..." When you have friends round for meal, what do you give them? A dry biscuit and a sip of wine?
Doesn't the bold blue above show they weren't meeting to satisfy hunger?
<snip>

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Even if the customs we now observe were "passed down" what in the world does it have to do with my Christian experience with my Savior. All the thumpers of law certainly cannot be happy criticizing the rest of Christianity.
Misery lives company.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where might one find this "a Pictorial History of the Italian People" and have you ever actually read it or is this a copy/paste from an anonymous blog? It is customary to cite page numbers.

Do you have anything like credible, verifiable, historical evidence for any of this? According to the Ancient History Encyclopedia, Semiramis lived 100s of years after Nimrod

Sammu-Ramat, more famously known as Semiramis, was the queen regent of the Assyrian Empire (reigned 811-806 BCE) who held the throne for her young son Adad Nirari III until he reached maturity. She is also known as Shammuramat or Sammuramat. She was the wife of Shamshi-Adad V (reigned 823-811 BCE) and, when he died, she assumed rule until Adad Nirari III came of age, at which time she passed the throne to him.

http://www.ancient.eu/Semiramis/

And what exactly do you think this proves about the current topic?

Try searching the internet for the book (amazon maybe), but there is other history books to prove facts about this subject. Some of this you can find just simply Googling.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Try searching the internet for the book (amazon maybe), but there is other history books to prove facts about this subject. Some of this you can find just simply Googling.
Yeah silence your opponent with busy work looking for the support of your argument. It has been known to backfire.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sorry amigo, it is not incumbent on me to try to track down every "source" someone references here. I have enough to do researching what I post.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tell that to the predominantly Syrian, Iraqi, Lebanese and Palestinian members of my Church, or our Armenian and Egyptian coreligionists. Why? People who live in the Middle East have told me.

What books? The ones that I have read.

As mentioned before, we do not use "dry biscuits." As mentioned before protestantism used dry biscuits and a sip of wine.

Traditionally, Christians stand in churches, or kneel. Pews are a relatively recent invention. By the 13th century, backless stone benches began to appear in English churches. They moved from the walls to the nave, then became fixed to the floor.

Cantillation pre-dates the Masoretic Text, whcih is from the 8th-9th century, and thus your argument is completely wrong; St. Paul would not refer to something that did not yet exist. As that is what the scripture means, it obviously was there at the time.

As it happens, however, the West Syriac Rite features eight modes of cantillation. And the protestant church does not have any modes.

Try fasting for a few days. And how will that assuage my hunger which was the topic?

As it is in our church. In most protestant churches it is not.

According to Jesus Christ, it is. The Eucharist did not exist in the New Testament Church or even before it so I doubt that Jesus gave teaching on it. Jesus was a Jew who followed the Jewish way of life so he would celebrate the Passover amongst other feats.

I belong to a Middle Eastern church, and they consider it the most satisfying of meals. Ironically, given your username, the members of my church are predominantly ethnically Assyrian. I doubt anyone would find a dry biscuit and a sip of wine a satisfying meal.

So? It also doesnt say you post polemics on Internet forums. Strewth, what a nonsensical reply.

Well, at least you don't claim we are "unsaved," so that I suppose counts for something. Against the rules.

There is one Church, which was started on Pentecost. My local church was started by St. Peter in Antioch shortly after Pentecost. As I said, my church was started at Pentecost.

Many of our people still speak Aramaic as their native tongue, a dialect of which was spiken by our Lord. Of course, this is not by itself a reason to join; one can also benefit for example by being Greek Orthodox, since the Gospels were written in Greek, or by being Roman Catholic, given the exquisite beauty of the Latin Mass; Armenians have the honour of being from the first nation to embrace Christianity, and English is what I speak. And English is what most of western christianity speaks so it is obvious that their services are going to be in English so whatever language is used there is no kudos in using it.

My point is merely that my church posesses a certain antiquity. And you are knocking that antiquity for no valid reason. You said there was no mediator and I pointed out there was but you have avoided that bit.

Good.

Much of what you have argued is directly contrary to Scripture. No, the fact is it is directly contrary to your interpretation of scripture.

Heavenly. Eating raw human flesh is heavenly??? Where do you get it from as Jesus is not in the flesh any more?

Upvote 0