Should Christians support Jews in rebuilding of Third Temple?

Should Christians support Jewish control of Temple Mount and rebuilding of Temple?

• Yes, I believe that every word in Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48 must be fulfilled.

• No, doing this might speed up the time of the coming of the anti-Messiah!

• Yes, King Cyrus was led by the God of Abraham and he supported this cause.

• No, I believe that we should all be vegetarians and never kill animals.

• Yes, our nation will be blessed if we bless the Jewish people.

• No, this could lead to a war and human life is of more value than any temple!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I personally was greatly encouraged by the response that I received to this question when I posed it on the Christian Heritage Party of Canada discussion forum.

Should Christians support the right of Jews to rebuild their Third Temple?
Yes, I believe that Jewish freedom to offer sacrifices even in the Messianic era fits with scripture.

77% [ 7 ]
No, I believe this would cause a Middle Eastern war.

11% [ 1 ]
No, I believe that this will set the stage for the anti-Christ.

11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I admit that I personally flip-flipped back and forth on this question over several years as I read differing viewpoints on this but at this time I believe that the answer is reasonably simple....Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua taught us that every single word in the prophets must be fulfilled so all that is stated about the Jerusalem Third or Fourth Temple Mount Complex must occur!

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: (Luke 24:25)

I went through a significant theological and philosophical crisis back in 1990 when I began to read the near death experience accounts. The worst thing about them is that they presented a powerful case that some sort of hellish higher dimensional prison environment probably does indeed exist.....but anyway I read My Descent Into Death by former atheist Howard Storm about two years ago. What he was shown regarding the ushering in of the full fledged era of Messiah/Moshiach would sure fit with a literal Jerusalem Temple exactly as described by the prophet Ezekiel!

Howard Storm:
Howard's light being friends told him more about the new world to come. According to them, God wished to usher in the kingdom within the next two hundred years. In order to do so, God had rescinded some of the free will given to creatures, in favor of more divine control over human events. This new world order, according to Howard, will resemble some near-death descriptions of heaven. People will live in such peace and harmony and love that communication will be telepathic, travel instantaneous and the need for clothing and shelter eliminated. The lion will indeed lie down with the lamb.](Howard Storm)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Isn't there an important mosque on that site?

Good question!

Yes there is but a powerful case can be presented that it is about 150 feet or more from the original site of the Holy of Holies!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mr. Boruch Fishman gave an amazing reply in a discussion thread on this subject recounting an inter-faith miracle that he himself had been involved in. Mr. Fishman is Director of People For a Bill To Build The Bet HaMikdash.

Hi,

I wrote the letter about the Efforts to create architectural plans for the 3rd Temple, and a friend of Denis asked me to enter a comment here. Let me say, first off, that I am an Orthodox Jew, yet, at the same time, I was involved in an interfaith miracle in Baltimore, which is under investigation by the Archdiocese in Baltimore. The miracle and its sequel convinced me that the founder of Catholicism Yoshuah in Hebrew supports his fellow Jews, not to worship him, but to do commandments connected to Israel, including the rebuilding of the Temple.

In 1999, there was a terrible drought in Baltimore, and I went to the Rabbis to determine the proper prayer. After I said the prayer, I had the feeling that I had just talked on the phone to a deceased Roman Catholic named Alfredo DeLeonardo. Alfredo had been blessed by Pope John XXIII that he and his children would go to Heaven for 7 generations. Alfred's daughter converted to Orthodox Judaism, and as a result I had a chance to talk with Alfred, on the telephone, one time before he died. I had a personal experience on the day of Alfred's death, which convinced me that he had, indeed gone to Heaven. So when I made my prayer, and felt that I had just talked with Alfred, I believed that my prayer and Alfred were in Heaven. I went home and told my roommate to expect rain. He told me that it couldn't rain, because he was moving to New Jersey to study Jewish law, and wouldn't be finished until Friday. He believed that he was involved in a holy avocation, and his books and clothes, the appurtenances to his religious life, wouldn't be ruined by rain during the move. He was so insistent, and the atmosphere was so holy, that I believed G-d would listen to him. So I said, because of you, the State will have to wait until Friday for rain. And that's what happened. The first rain came on Friday, and then it was rain after rain after rain. As the rains continued, I contacted Monsignor Kenny of the Archdiocese court, and he listened to my story and then asked me to send him a copy. The connection with Jesus is obvious in that he passed along the key to Heaven to Peter, and it is obvious from this miracle that the key has been passed along to the modern Popes.

When I moved to Israel, I was invited to live in a hostel in the Old City of Jerusalem. I asked permission to build a booth in the hostel, as it was several days before our festival of the booths, when we pray for rain. The Arab manager told me the hostel, (which sits on property owned by King Abdullah), was religiously neutral and I couldn't build a booth. Besides, he said that he knew if I built a booth it would bring rain, and he, (a merchant on the outdoor market), didn't want rain. His words reminded me of the words of my roommate in Baltimore. I felt a parallel connection to the miracle in Baltimore, and believed that G-d would hold off the rains until this Arab did repentance and let me build a Succoth at that Hostel. That was 4 winters ago. Every winter since then, we have had less than the needed amounts of rain. And now, we have a serious drought in all parts of biblical Israel.

The connection with the Temple is that the prayers for rain during the holiday of Succoth, were commandments given to Jews related to the land of Israel, and they include bring sacrifice on the Temple Mount. We have a tradition in Israel that when the Temple is rebuilt that any nation brining a sacrifice on Succoth at the Temple will be blessed with rain the next year.

I would just like to add 2 other facts. We do not wish to "kick the Moslems off the Temple Mount." My organization calls for preservation of the AL Aksa Mosque, the third most important building to Moslems, which sits on the Southern part of the Temle Mount, and not near the location of the Jewish Temple.

Secondly, this very month is an extremely special time for Jews. Every 28 years, we have a blessing we say for the sun, (not to the sun). This year is only the third time in our entire history that the blessing is being said on the day before Passover. The other two times were during the first redemption of the Jews from Egypt and during the second redemption of the Jews from Babylon.
(Boruch Fishman)

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe Christians are suppose to support everyone.So I would have to say yes.
How do you support everyone when you have two or more opposing sides?

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you support everyone when you have two or more opposing sides?
In the bible it says,that everyone that worsip God,let them do it in there own way,don't cause them to sin,in there mind,thats what I mean to being supported.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Contented

Aug 1, 2011
Barbados
✟15,773.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I personally was greatly encouraged by the response that I received to this question when I posed it on the Christian Heritage Party of Canada discussion forum.

I believe Christians should prepare themselves to meet Jesus at his second coming. Be a light and help spread the gospel. The Jews need the gospel just like the Muslims. The Jews do not accept Jesus as their Messiah, they are hostile to Christians who try to convert them. Why waste energy on people who do not have any interest in the founder of Christianity or his followers. Prophecy will be fulfilled whether we agree with the building of the temple. Our concern is to fulfill the Commission of Jesus.

What the Talmud Says About Jesus

WHAT THE TALMUD SAYS ABOUT JESUS AND MARY ...

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Why concern ourselves with rebuilding the temple when we have Christ, who is greater than the temple? God took the temple away for a reason.

I agree. Christians shouldn't hold Jews in any higher regard then any other religion at this point until they accept Christ.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe Christians should prepare themselves to meet Jesus at his second coming. Be a light and help spread the gospel. The Jews need the gospel just like the Muslims. The Jews do not accept Jesus as their Messiah, they are hostile to Christians who try to convert them. Why waste energy on people who do not have any interest in the founder of Christianity or his followers. Prophecy will be fulfilled whether we agree with the building of the temple. Our concern is to fulfill the Commission of Jesus.
I believe some Jews believe Jesus is there Messiah.

Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is indeed a very important mosque on that site; the Dome of the Rock, one of the holiest structures in Islam, which used parts of the ruined Jewish temple in its foundations. Many believe all or part of it would need to be destroyed in order to rebuild the Jewish temple. It would almost certainly mean a war.

Not that the christians who support the rebuilding would particularly care. I'll admit I'm fuzzy on the details, but isn't the purpose of rebuilding this temple to sacrifice a specific cow in it that is part of a prophecy to bring about the end of the world? I mean, it's not going to work, but people who are actively interested in jumpstarting the rapture and the apocalypse aren't going to be too worried about kicking up a little war along they way, are they?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

muslimsoldier4life

I'll admit I'm fuzzy on the details, but isn't the purpose of rebuilding this temple to sacrifice a specific cow in it that is part of a prophecy to bring about the end of the world? I mean, it's not going to work, but people who are actively interested in jumpstarting the rapture and the apocalypse aren't going to be too worried about kicking up a little war along they way, are they?

Well, the Dome of the Rock is the 3rd most important sight in Islam; the top two are Mecca and Medina. This is typical Christian pandering to their extremists, in somehow fulfilling some obscure prophecy that may or may not happen as planned by the Nicene Counsel.

Upvote 0

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Isn't there an important mosque on that site?

Yes the Dome of the Rock Mosque is on the site of the original site of The Temple but it has been unstable for sometime due to archaeological digs on the site.

When they start rebuilding that Temple I am going to start packing my bags. I'm going home.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When they start rebuilding that Temple I am going to start packing my bags. I'm going home.
You can't take it with you.

"When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed With a word she can get what she came for"
Don't worry, Gods "white sale" rules.

A good pragmatic answer.

If it will happen, with or without our help, why worry? Invest in God's people, let him fulfill the prophecy.

The foundation will be strong when it is built, no matter how bad it is now.
The creator of the universe can fix unlimited faults.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
People said fulfilling some prophecy is more important than avoiding starting a war and killing thousands of people... and you find this encouraging?

The one thing that frightens me is that there are people who believe such insanity in our government.

Hi AtheistVet:

I appreciate your answering the poll question. I am glad that 13 people already responded to the poll and I am surprised how differently the results are this time around!

Yes, I believe that every word in Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48 must be fulfilled. 2 15.38%

No, doing this might speed up the time of the coming of the anti-Messiah! 0 0%

Yes, King Cyrus was led by the God of Abraham and he supported this cause. 0 0%

No, I believe that we should all be vegetarians and never kill animals. 0 0%

Yes, our nation will be blessed if we bless the Jewish people. 0 0%

No, this could lead to a war and human life is of more value than any temple! 11 84.62%

On one level I am certainly glad to see that people are placing a high value on human life!

Pastor Rick Joyner from a visionary dream given to him in 1995:
As I approached the Judgment Seat of Christ, those in the highest ranks were also sitting on thrones that were all a part of His throne. Even the least of these thrones was more glorious than any earthly throne many times over. Some of these were rulers over cities on earth who would soon take their place. Others were rulers over the affairs of heaven, and others over the affairs of the physical creation, such as star systems and galaxies. However, it was apparent that those who were given authority over cities were esteemed above those who had even been given authority over galaxies. The value of a single child was more than a galaxy of stars, because the Holy Spirit dwelt in men, and the Lord had chosen men as His eternal dwelling place. In the presence of His glory the whole earth seemed as insignificant as a speck of dust, and yet was so infinitely esteemed that the attention of the whole host of heaven was upon it.

.heaven.net.nz/visions/the-hordes-of-hell-are-marching.htm]
The Hordes of Hell are Marching

On the other hand it seems obvious that we humans are powerless to save ourselves from the many ways in which we are capable of destroying all life from off this beautiful earth and so the ushering in of the era of Messiah/Moshiach is the only way that I can see that true peace can be brought to this earth.

And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
(Isaiah 11:8,9)

I personally think that our leaders and educators are biased against any life form other than carbon based which does not fit so well with what I believe are the almost obvious implications of the new physics.

http://www.carbonbias.blogspot.ca/
Dogmatic Atheists Lack Mathematical Aptitude.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.