United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Josiah,
No- I wouldn't be fearful of a national ID, but we all know what that is leading to. They would have to kill me, before I would ever take the mark of the beast though. But I'm not going to be around to see it.

Upvote 0
:rolleyes: Well I have a wallet full of cards...But mark of the beast...no way.
I believe ID cards raised quite a furore with Orthodox Christians when these cards came into being in Greece.
During World War2 in Britain everyone had to have identity cards it didn't worry anyone..but the bombs falling and the loss of life did.
Anyway this is my first post and I'm just generally browsing at the moment.
John 3 V 16

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am not fearful of a this card either, but you know where this is leading. Cards will be lost and stolen so I believe this could lead to having a chip implanted.

What makes me angry is that I am a US Citizen. I carry ID. I am not a criminal. Why do I have to have another ID card?. How about this card for non-citizens only? I don't understand that part. I have 3 kids do they have to have the ID Card too? If so they'll surley loose it.

God Bless,
Roberta

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not afraid of an ID card, but a national ID card is a different matter. I worry that we are getting to be too willing to give up our civil liberties in order to gain an illusion of safety--that somehow this ID card will divide us by implying who is from who isn't safe. Witnessing Tim McVeigh, and all the other senseless crimes committed by our own countrymen, I don't see how the ID cards will work to make us safer. You don't have to be a foreigner to be dangerous, and not all foreigners are to be distrusted.

The mark of the beast aside, how divisive these cards will be! Will we personally distrust Christian foreingers who don't have the right card? Will we trust everyone who has a card? If the problems seem to be with millitant Muslims, will your religious affliation have to be put on the cards? What if your religion is unpopular? Will you be denied a card? What about political leanings? Will ultra-right-wingers like McVeigh be denied cards because of party affliations? What about libertarians, communists and KKK's? How much information will have to be input before it is decided whether or not you are dangerous and whould be denied a card?

If it would really work to make us safe, without causing even further fractioning of our society, I might support it. But someone will have to explain to me why it is necessary or even useful.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.