Iowa
✟8,428.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So let me see if I have this logic right... Homosexuality, you believe, is a sin. You don't believe you should evangelize to those who are homosexual because of the sin you believe they are living in and refusing to give up.

So... you don't preach to anyone living in any kind of sin? Someone with a drug addiction doesn't need to hear the Good News and be helped out of their problems, even if right now they don't think they need it? It's a waste of time to try to convince them otherwise?

Polycarp_fan said:
Please keep any part of the gay agenda away from my Church. But it doesn't look like that even that polite request will be honoered by GLBT's. ENDA is on the way. And look at Gene Robinson. It's east to see how Sodom got the way it did.
So no sinners attend your church? Must be a small congregation.

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Polycarp, Christians are not silenced. They're lazy. Just because the very minimal effort doesn't get the word out doesn't mean the world is persecuting us. Christianity is the largest and LEAST persecute religion in developed countries and yet it is THERE where Christians complain most about being persecuted. Yet in countries where being Christian is illegal, there are no complainers. There are no whiners. People know that with Christianity there will be dangers and they accept that. Instead of whining about the very thing that the Bible warns them about, they continue to stay faithful.

So don't even start to say Christians are being "silenced" while you sit on your computer talking about how we shouldn't evangelize to certain sects of people. We're told to go out into the WHOLE world and to even suggest the idea that we have ANY right to be selective it sick.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
your premise seems to be that no Christians ARE gay.
your premise seems to be that all people who are not "straight" live a particular "lifestyle"

Both of these ideas are of course incorrect.

In any case when it comes to evangelization nobody should push their beliefs on someone who has made it clear they are not interested in hearing what you have to say.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
your premise seems to be that all people who are not "straight" live a particular "lifestyle"

In any case when it comes to evangelization nobody should push their beliefs on someone who has made it clear they are not interested in hearing what you have to say.

Of course there are homosexual Christians; however, they are repentant of their deeds and not trying to flaunt them or promote them as righteous (though if such is the case at times, I do feel the GOD will intervene and end their lives abruptly). I know of several incidences where this seemed to happened. And of course there are heterosexuals who are peculiar in regards to their sex lives.

Upvote 0

PsychMJC

Nov 7, 2007
✟8,294.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Of course there are homosexual Christians; however, they are repentant of their deeds and not trying to flaunt them or promote them as righteous (though if such is the case at times, I do feel the GOD will intervene and end their lives abruptly). I know of several incidences where this seemed to happened. And of course there are heterosexuals who are peculiar in regards to their sex lives.

You seem to know every gay Christian in the world... how awesome it must be to be God.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

So God kills gay Christians now? I dont think Ive seen such revolting offensive filth spewed forth from the orofice of hatred in a long time.

Upvote 0

Gremlins

Feb 2, 2008
✟10,038.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our children are too important to us to be silenced any more.

If your kid's gay, your kid's. There ain't much you can do about it.

As for simply keeping your children away from the idea that a sin might be ok, I'd point out that owning two shirts when someone else has no shirt is a shirt. How many shirts do your kids own?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by LittleNipper
So God kills gay Christians now? I dont think Ive seen such revolting offensive filth spewed forth from the orofice of hatred in a long time.

L-N,

You need to rethink your statements. These people will jump all over you for stuff like that. They're "Gotcha!" experts.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

That would not be in keeping with my premise that the New Testement writers talked about same-gender sex and found it antithetical (for the choice they've made) for believers to engage in.

I'm just discussing GLBT's. Not all people for sure. Even they claim to be a very small fragment of the populace.

The way you thought about it.

Jesus made that very clear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loundry

Eudaimonist
Dec 3, 2003
✟8,196.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
That would not be in keeping with my premise that the New Testement writers talked about same-gender sex and found it antithetical (for the choice they've made) for believers to engage in.

That raises a good point about NT writers and what they found antithetical for believers to engage in. Do you think that slaves should submit to their masters, even if their masters are harsh and difficult to please? For example, suppose a Muslim has a thirteen-year-old female slave that he has sex with and beats up. Should his sex slave submit to him, even though he hits her? Support your answer with scripture.

I'm just discussing GLBT's. Not all people for sure. Even they claim to be a very small fragment of the populace.

I am a gay man, but I am certainly not "GLBT". I think that term is incredibly stupid.

Jesus made that very clear.

Jesus said all sorts of stuff that you rationalize or ignore. How does it feel living in the top 5% of the world's wealthiest people? Comfortable? Camels and eyes of needles spring to mind...

Reactions: Aerika
Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

GOD allows satan to do what he will. The hatred of many homosexuals here towards the Bible, GOD, and biblical standards is far more vile, offensive and revolting----and all in the name of sexual prowess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
GOD allows satan to do what he will. The hatred of many homosexuals here towards the Bible, GOD, and biblical standards is far more vile, offensive and revolting----and all in the name of sexual prowess.

Yes because killing people is far more morally acceptable than consensual sex.

"Quick while teh gays are having sex, lets commit mass murder, I mean nobody will notice!"

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't give yourself so much credit. Ever heard of fisting? And I am not preaching your conversion.
Homosexuals don't seek anyone's conversion. It would be like trying to convert someone to be black, or a woman.

What's "fisting" got to do with the price of eggs in China?

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That raises a good point about NT writers and what they found antithetical for believers to engage in. Do you think that slaves should submit to their masters, even if their masters are harsh and difficult to please? For example, suppose a Muslim has a thirteen-year-old female slave that he has sex with and beats up. Should his sex slave submit to him, even though he hits her? Support your answer with scripture.

It will take me awhile to get through the Koran. Otherwise, I would hope she would do as Onesimus did. That would be answering your question with the book of Philemon as scripture.

I am a gay man, but I am certainly not "GLBT". I think that term is incredibly stupid.

Why do I need to know about your sexual proclivities? Is it your haughtiness or your inhospitality towards a person you will never meet?

Jesus said all sorts of stuff that you rationalize or ignore. How does it feel living in the top 5% of the world's wealthiest people? Comfortable? Camels and eyes of needles spring to mind...

I am no where near wealthy. And why is it, that all of these poor countries are so poor? Poor protestant work ethic? Do you have the answer? Besides that, telling you about the works I do is not in keeping with following the teachings of Jesus. You obviously know what I mean.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Homosexuals don't seek anyone's conversion. It would be like trying to convert someone to be black, or a woman.

You do know what the "T" stands for in the GLBT label? Literally the act of conversion.

Notice number three:

conversion

k
schwa.gif
n-vûr
prime.gif
zh
schwa.gif
n, -sh
schwa.gif
n)
n. 1. a. The act of converting.
b. The state of being converted.

2. A change in which one adopts a new religion, faith, or belief.
3. Something that is changed from one use, function, or purpose to another.

What's "fisting" got to do with the price of eggs in China?

What's fisting got to do with love and sex? Even in China. No matter what you like to drink.

Upvote 0