Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I try to be "chivalrous" if being chivalrous means helping people and being courteous. I'd give my boyfriend my scarf to wear if he was cold, and I open doors for people, give up my seat for people, &c. I don't particularly want men to give up their seats for me just because I'm a woman. If I'm carrying a very heavy bag and they are unencumbered, it'd be very nice of them to give up their seat, but it would be no more or less nice of a woman to do the same thing. I can't understand why only men should be chivalrous.

Upvote 0

lighthouse37

Jul 14, 2008
Canada
✟15,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We're all in this life together and I think as Christians we have a responsibility to reach out with unconditional love and acceptance to help others who have ended up down the wrong path in life, whether by bad luck, bad choices, or emotional scars that haven't healed. We have all made wrong choices at some time in our lives, that's the nature of humanity, but as a Christian there is always a belief in forgiveness and knowing that we're given "another chance" to make it right in this life. Whether someone has committed adultery, suffers from alcoholism or has a homosexual lifestyle, these choices are unhealthy and in direct conflict with the Bible and can only lead to disaster, not for the individual, but for society as a whole. We should learn from stories in the Bible about Sodom and even our own history about what happens when people make choices to follow their own selfish desires without thought of future consequence. Right now, the world is in a moral state of emergency and as a parent, I worry about the world of the future and what will happen if things don't start changing. What will become of our children who desperately need stability, raised in a world that doesn't value the sanctity of marriage and change the whole definition of marriage to suit whatever lifestyle they want at the time? Yet we wonder why so many children have problems and are prone to violence today. As Christians, we have have a responsiblity to speak up when others are in need of spiritual guidance and not hide away and be afraid to be wrongly seen as self-righteous or "politically incorrect". When we reach out in love to help others, real positive changes can happen to the world to make things better - that is the true spirit of Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Kitt70
Upvote 0

hogndog

Saved by grace and grace alone
Apr 24, 2007
On The Battlefield
Visit site
✟8,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Noahs_Ark.jpg

This may sound foolish I've been known to say foolish things in the past but this is the present, the here and now. You say you have children, not as easy assignment in todays mixed up Dumbo Jumbo mess we call our world, there is a great darkness surrounding us and as the days go by it will get darker. Teach your children as the bible says in the way they should go and when they are older they shall not depart from it. That's the only advice I can give you, if your curious does it work take it from me it does, my children grew up, one with his own business the other in the same boat, neither one smokes or drinks unlike their derelict father.

In His Service,
hogndog

There is an Ark being loaded, just make sure you and your family are on it before it departs.

• Agree
Reactions: Kitt70
Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
By all means, I'd much prefer it if your backwards bigoted adherents left us alone.
:amen: Telling us we're "abominations" or even just telling us that we're "wrong" for having the sexual orientation that we do, is a huge slap in the face to us, since we cannot change who we are, nor should we have to change who we are.

Reactions: Eve_Sundancer
Upvote 0