...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I only breathe when I'm by myself. I try to do it as little possible, but sometimes the urge is too strong and I end up...respirating. I heard that too much respiration can cause blindness. Is this true????
Worse... it can cause a state of living breath! :eek:

There's a good 12 step program for breathing addiction... one of the principles I learned through it is as follows....

"I am addicted to the habit of breathing. I will overcome this addiction and I will defeat it, even if I should die trying..."

Upvote 0

artybloke

Mar 1, 2004
North of England
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
UK-Labour
There is, beneath all this hilarity, a serious point to be made.

Which is that I see so many people worrying about whether this or that activity is sinful or not. Going to the beach, drinking alcohol, finding people attractive, rock music. And I'm sure there's always going to be a bunch of blowhards with permanent frowns who want people to feel guilty for being normally functioning human beings.

Well, if something is a problem for you, avoid it. If you can't go to a beach without leering, avoid the beach or learn to stop leering. In other words, start living and stop worrying about every little tiny bit of activity you're going to get up to.

There's far more important things to worry about. What are you doing about poverty, racism in your community, to promote peace & harmony, to spread the love of Christ around?

Stop focusing on yourselves for awhile and look for Christ in the world.

Upvote 0

CardinalBaseball

Cardinals > Cubs
Sep 22, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Christians could be led into temptation by your lascivious breathing. The rising and falling of your chest could lead to lustful thoughts.

Stop doing it now.
It clearly says in Romans and Acts that breathing is a grave sin. So stop it now all you heathens! Christ never breathed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.