Should Atheists be punished for not believing

D

Dieselman

Amazingly, when you listen to accounts of atheists who die and are necessitated, all of them describe Hell in some way or another. Perhaps this is an indication that the afterlife for them will have some stark realities they do not wish to consider at the moment.

Jesus used two different words for hell. The first is Hades which is a temporary place where the dead go until the final judgment. Sometimes Hades is translated as grave. "The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done." (Revelation 22:13)
The second word is Gehenna which literally referred to the Valley of Hinnom, which was Jerusalem's dump where the garbage was burned. Figuratively, Gehenna refers to the lake of fire. "Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 22:15-16)

source

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amazingly, when you listen to accounts of atheists who die and are necessitated, all of them describe Hell in some way or another. Perhaps this is an indication that the afterlife for them will have some stark realities they do not wish to consider at the moment.

Jesus used two different words for hell. The first is Hades which is a temporary place where the dead go until the final judgment. Sometimes Hades is translated as grave. "The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done." (Revelation 22:13)
The second word is Gehenna which literally referred to the Valley of Hinnom, which was Jerusalem's dump where the garbage was burned. Figuratively, Gehenna refers to the lake of fire. "Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 22:15-16)

source

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

I wanted to add this also. We are studying the book of Isaiah in bible study and in Chpt 6 where the Lord asked, Is there anyone I can send? and Isaiah answered, Send me. then the Lord gave him a message for the people. He said "you will listen and listen, but never understand. You will look and look, but never see. the people who claim to be atheists are blinded and deaf to the word of God.

Upvote 0

trientje

May 23, 2012
✟8,577.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

servant9901

Aug 17, 2012
✟685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
What does God's Word say about Athiests?

this is what they call themselves today

in the Book of Romans God said that He Put the knowledge of himself into all and also put in man the knowledge that He was the Creator

so much for so called athiesm and those who say they dont believe God is the Creator..

God says and thats all that matters ..He says they will stand WITHOUT EXCUSE

So at the Great White Throne they will not have a leg to stand on because they wont be able to stand there before God and say I didnt know you existed ..they knew they just chose not to serve Him ,so they will be without excuse on that great and terrible day if they choose to die in a sinful rebellious state without Christ Jesus..

lets go to the Word

Rom.1;18

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, >>who hold the truth in unrighteousness

they know the truth but they choose not to serve God or even admit he exist but in their heart they know better..lets keep going

19. Because>>>>> that which may be known of God<<>> is manifest in them;<< for >>God hath shewed [it] unto them. <<<

20.For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,>> [even] his eternal power and Godhead; <<<so that they are without excuse:

Because that, >>when they knew God,<<>> they glorified [him] not as God,<< neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and >>their foolish heart was darkened. <<

so to all of you are hiding behind the excuse that you dont believe in God ,now you know what God says ..He says you have no excuse,I put that knowledge in you that I am God and I am your Creator...

so we can lie to others about what we say we believe but we cant lie to God..and my friend HE is the ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT..

Now why wouldnt man wont to serve God when they know He is God ,why not accept salvation..lets go back to the Word

John3;19 And this is the condemnation,
that >light is come into the world <,<<

>>and men loved darkness rather than light,<<
because >>their deeds were evil. <<

20. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light,
neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21.But he that doeth truth cometh to the light,
that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

God bless
Evangelist

Upvote 0