Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just like democratic comedians couldn't believe their good fortune with trump....
Not sure.

Trump with his jerkface manners and absurd self regard didnt leave satirists much room. They had to turn it up to 11 just to get any comic leverage.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not sure.

Trump with his jerkface manners and absurd self regard didnt leave satirists much room. They had to turn it up to 11 just to get any comic leverage.
But if anyone is really being honest, almost every opening such people might have in Trump's case, they'd have it in even bigger measure with Biden.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But if anyone is really being honest, almost every opening such people might have in Trump's case, they'd have it in even bigger measure with Biden.
Nice how you make a natural matter of taste into a matter of quality of character. Very sly.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Which Republican has the comedy/presentation chops to pull it off?
Since it would need to be coupled with the ability to roast everyone there, I think Trump could pull it off. It would have been easier to make this happen before his Presidency, admittedly.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Since it would need to be coupled with the ability to roast everyone there, I think Trump could pull it off. It would have been easier to make this happen before his Presidency, admittedly.
But Trump has no discernable sense of humor.

• Agree
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh, he does.

I can't link the videos where he was on WWE, but you don't do what he did if you don't have a sense of humor.
He has a keen sense of self-promotion.

You might be right though. Trump was the kind of guy I avoided in media long before the presidency was a twinkle in his eye. So I could have missed a few moments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does Hollywood keep casting British actors
to play people from the South?
This is a form of discrimination.

Southerners should be played
by someone with a real Southern accent.
I really don’t see this as discrimination at all. It is just an accent and if a Brit can pull it off more power to them. Casting is about the best actor for the role, not where they were born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I really don’t see this as discrimination at all. It is just an accent and if a Brit can pull it off more power to them. Casting is about the best actor for the role, not where they were born.
Locking Republicans and Southerners out of Hollywood.
Makes our political division worse.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Locking Republicans and Southerners out of Hollywood.
Makes our political division worse.
There are people living in the south that do not have southern accents and are not Republicans. While that is still the majority it is changing slowly as people move in and out of the south.

They are not being locked out of Hollywood anyway. Southern and Republican leaning actors do exist.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There are people living in the south that do not have southern accents and are not Republicans. While that is still the majority it is changing slowly as people move in and out of the south.

They are not being locked out of Hollywood anyway. Southern and Republican leaning actors do exist.
When is the last time they were the main character in a movie?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When is the last time they were the main character in a movie?
Now not only must southern characters be played by southern actors they have to the leading role in the film? The affirmative action program is ever expanding.

Upvote 0