Max Shade

Feb 18, 2013
Eastcoast
✟2,197.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can't think of a reason why not. Not my cup of tea, I prefer kayaking, hiking and that kind of thing, but the end result is the same. Fitness is good.

The only caveat would be if the gym has some alternative meaning, like as a hook up place for sexual misconduct, rather than being just about the workout. If it is about the workout, cool.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's wrong with going to the gym?

It's a business to help people exercise and stay fit. Nothing "sinful" about that.

What can be "wrong" here are a persons' motives. Are they going so they can oogle all the hot bodies? Are they going so they can show off? Are they going because they're rampantly insecure and think they're only worthwhile if they're thin and ripped? THAT is where it can be a problem.

But a gym is just a place where people exercise. That's it.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

By all means. Look upon going to the Fitness Center to take care of the Body God has given you for his Spirit to dwell inside / to get needed endorphins released into your Brain which gives a sense of wellbeing , for, this is Gods natural way of getting high / to make possible Friends / to talke about what the Lord has done in your life when practical / to build a stronger physical body / to loose weight or gain muscle mass / and for it to become a desirable Hobby .

Dont become egotistical which many people become , and, never put it higher than your personal relationship with God which is common especially for the serious Fitness Buff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i would like to have a nicer body to show off and to feel better about myself.

Sorry, but this sounds like nothing but vanity and insecurity. Not good reasons for exercising. Wanting to be healthier and take good care of the body God gave you would be a little wiser. Wanting attention from others and feeling like your value lies in your appearance will lead you down a lonely road.

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing morally wrong with going to the gym, provided one has the means to pay for memberships and so forth; after all, along with a balanced diet, exercise/physical activity is a good thing. Now personally, I tend to think that a good daily regimen can be practiced without going to the gym, as steady activity is the key. Finding a good exercise plan in a magazine to follow, riding a bike, walking, jogging... pretty much any vigorous activity can be beneficial. And they cost a lot less. :)

Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Maryseblossom

Aug 8, 2013
montreal
✟15,220.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-NDP
Nothing wrong with the gym. Sure we should all get our ego down the line. but feeling proud of what you do in the gym by having great results isnt a problem. unless you become way over the top and your ego takes more place than your actual body ;)

God made us to be beautiful. Working out is a way to get to it, since not everybody work hard everyday like in the old times.

doing it home or at the gym. the important thing is that you find a way to keep yourself motivated!

Upvote 0

Maryseblossom

Aug 8, 2013
montreal
✟15,220.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-NDP
you assume wrong. beauty in this sense i used was for everything. inside out. when you workout, you shine from within. You have a better attitude/mood. and guess what, it does make you more beautiful from the outside when you are happy with yourself.

Reactions: jsimms615
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a gym membership and I go because I want to maintain good health and it helps me to control my diabetes. My numbers go noticeably down when I am faithful at working out. I also have a better mood and it helps me to face daily challenges. For someone who has battled depression most of his life that is a big plus.
Some people do take it to an extreme and I think it can be something that you worship and put before God.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I have a gym membership and I go because I want to maintain good health and it helps me to control my diabetes. My numbers go noticeably down when I am faithful at working out. I also have a better mood and it helps me to face daily challenges. For someone who has battled depression most of his life that is a big plus.
Some people do take it to an extreme and I think it can be something that you worship and put before God.

I have read that eating lots of cinnamon helps lower blood sugar.
And cut back or cut out wheat. I cut back on wheat a lot and lost 20lbs in 3 months. Now I started eating more wheat again and I have gained back 7 lbs.
A book was written on how modern GMO wheat makes you sicker and fatter.

Upvote 0

Maka

Dec 4, 2012
✟21,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
you assume wrong. beauty in this sense i used was for everything. inside out. when you workout, you shine from within. You have a better attitude/mood. and guess what, it does make you more beautiful from the outside when you are happy with yourself.

I agree! :)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i would like to have a nicer body to show off and to feel better about myself.

Understandable, but this can be a trap. There are some men out there who are cut like rocks but they are somehow still very insecure about how they look. They've gotta get their tans before they hit the beach, some actually get silicone implants for their calves. You might be comparing yourself to them, but they're comparing themselves to someone else. I found it hard to believe at first, it's pretty pathetic - like a millionaire who feels poor because he's comparing himself to someone a hundred or more times richer. There comes a point when we need to be happy with ourselves.

Upvote 0