Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love to read and share short stories with others. Does anyone have one they would like to share?

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a
battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two
"Wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil
. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,
greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false
pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good
. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility,
kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A young man had been to Wednesday night Bible Study.
The Pastor had shared about listening to God and obeying the Lord's voice.

The young man couldn't help but wonder, "Does God still speak to people?" After service he went out with some friends for coffee and pie and they discussed the message.

Several different ones talked about how God had led them in different ways.

It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home. Sitting in his car, he just began to pray, "God...If you still speak to people speak to me. I will listen. I will do my best to obey."

As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought to stop and buy a gallon of milk.

He shook his head and said out loud, "God is that you?" He didn't get a reply and started on toward home.

But again, the thought, buy a gallon of milk. The young man thought about Samuel and how he didn't recognize the voice of God, and how little Samuel ran to Eli.

"Okay, God, in case that is you, I will buy the milk." It didn't seem like too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk. He stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started off toward home.

As he passed Seventh Street, he again felt the urge, "Turn Down that street."

This is crazy he thought and drove on past the intersection.

Again, he felt that he should turn down Seventh Street.

At the next intersection, he turned back and headed down Seventh. Half jokingly, he said out loud, "Okay, God, I will".

He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt like he should stop. He pulled over to the curb and looked around. He was in semi commercial area of town. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst of neighborhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark like the people were already in bed.

Again, he sensed something, "Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street." The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were already asleep. He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat.

"Lord, this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid." Again, he felt like he should go and give the milk.

Finally, he opened the door, "Okay God, if this is you, I will go to the door and I will give them the milk. If you want me to look like a crazy person, okay. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something but if they don't answer right away, I am out of here."

He walked across the street and rang the bell. He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, "Who is it? What do you want?" Then the door opened before the young man could get away.

The man was standing there in his jeans and T-shirt. He looked like he just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face and he didn't seem too happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep. "What is it?"

The young man thrust out the gallon of milk, "Here, I brought this to you." The man took the milk and rushed down a hallway.

Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk toward the kitchen. The man was following her holding a baby. The baby was crying. The man had tears streaming down his face.

The man began speaking and half crying, "We were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby. I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk."

His wife in the kitchen yelled out, "I asked him to send an Angel with some. Are you an Angel?"

The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put in the man's hand. He turned and walked back toward his car and the tears were streaming down his face.

He knew that God still answers prayers.

Reactions: JPPT1974
Upvote 0

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One rainy afternoon a father was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.
Suddenly, his daughter spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. "Dad, I'm thinking of something."

This announcement usually meant she had been pondering some fact for a while, and was now ready to expound all that her six-year-old mind had discovered. He was eager to hear.

"What are you thinking?" he asked. "The rain," she began, "is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like God wiping our sins away."

After the chill bumps raced up his arms his was able to respond. "That's really good, honey."
Then his curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl take this revelation? So he asked.. "Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?" She didn't hesitate one moment with her answer:
"We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us."

I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on.

Upvote 0

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You could hardly see for all the snow,
Spread the rabbit ears as far as they go.
Pull a chair up to the TV set,
"Good Night, David. Good Night, Chet."

Depending on the channel you tuned,
You got Rob and Laura,
or Ward and June.

It felt so good. It felt so right.
Life looked better in black and white.

I Love Lucy, The Real McCoys,
Dennis the Menace, the Cleaver boys,
Rawhide, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train,
Superman, Jimmy and Lois Lane.

Father Knows Best, Patty Duke,
Rin Tin Tin and Lassie too.
Donna Reed on Thursday night!

I wanna go back to black and white.
Everything always turned out right.
Simple people, simple lives...
Good guys always won the fights.

Now nothing is the way it seems.
In living color on the TV screen.
Too many murders, too many fights,
I wanna go back to black and white.

In God they trusted, in two beds, they slept.
A promise made was a promise kept.
They never cussed or broke their vows.
They'd never make the network now.

But if I could, I'd rather be
In a TV town in '53.
It felt so good. It felt so right.

Okay I realize if we were around in '53 we wouldn't be in the Terrific 30's! Just a little something to ponder.........

Upvote 0

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOVEMAKING TIPS FOR SENIORS

1. Put on your glasses. Double check that your partner is actually in bed with you.

2. Set timer for 3 minutes, in case you doze off in the middle.

3. Set the mood with lighting. Turn them ALL OFF!

4. Make sure you put 911 on your speed dial before you begin.

5. Write partner's name on your hand in case you can't remember.

6. Keep extra polygrip close by so your teeth don't end up under the bed.

7. Have Tylenol ready in case you actually complete the act.

8. Make all the noise you want. The neighbors are deaf too.

9. If it works, call everyone you know with the good news.

10. Don't even think about trying it twice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

(you're gonna love this)

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

(You're singing it, aren't you?!)

Never take life too seriously!

Have a lovely day !

Upvote 0

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dreams Happen when you least expect them...

Here's to T-bone steaks, yellow roses and friendship:

I walked into the grocery store not particularly interested in buying groceries.

I wasn't hungry. The pain of losing my husband of 7 years was still too raw.

And this grocery store held so many sweet memories. He often came with me and almost every time he'd pretend to go off and look for something special. I knew what he was up to. I'd always spot him walking down the aisle with the three yellow roses in his hands. He knew I loved yellow roses.
With a heart filled with grief, I only wanted to buy my few items and leave, but even grocery shopping was different since he had passed on. Shopping for one took time, a little more thought than it had for two.

Standing by the meat, I searched for the perfect small steak and remembered how he had loved his steak.

Suddenly a woman came beside me. She was blonde, slim and lovely in a soft green pantsuit. I watched as she picked up a large package of T-bones, dropped them in her basket.. hesitated, and then put them back.

She turned to go and once again reached for the pack of steaks.

She saw me watching her and she smiled. "My husband loves T-bones, but honestly, at these prices, I don't know."

I swallowed the emotion down my throat and met her pale blue eyes.

"My husband passed away eight days ago," I told her. Glancing at the package in her hands, I fought to control the tremble in my voice.

"Buy him the steaks. And cherish every moment you have together."

She shook her head and I saw the emotion in her eyes as she placed the package in her basket and wheeled away.

I turned and pushed my cart across the length of the store to the dairy products. There I stood, trying to decide which size milk I should buy. A Quart, I finally decided and moved on to the ice cream. If nothing else, I could always fix myself an ice cream cone.

I placed the ice cream in my cart and looked down the aisle toward the front. I saw first the green suit, then recognized the pretty lady coming towards me. In her arms she carried a package. On her face was the brightest smile I had ever seen. I would swear a soft halo encircled her blonde hair as she kept walking toward me, her eyes holding mine.

As she came closer, I saw what she held and tears began misting in my eyes. "These are for you," she said and placed three beautiful long stemmed yellow roses in my arms. "When you go through the line, they will know these are paid for." She leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek, then smiled again. I wanted to tell her what she'd done, what the roses meant, but still unable to speak, I watched as she walked away as tears clouded my vision.

I looked down at the beautiful roses nestled in the green tissue wrapping and found it almost unreal. How did she know? Suddenly the answer seemed so clear. I wasn't alone.

Oh, you haven't forgotten me, have you? I whispered, with tears in my eyes. He was still with me, and she was his angel.

Every day be thankful for what you have and who you are.

Upvote 0

Davlar

Apr 15, 2006
✟7,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Syn Li Sushi and the Tusker of Doom
The warm spring sunshine started to melt the Derethian snow. The streams swollen once again teemed with life as the salmon raced homeward. In the depths of Mt.Lethe, in the recesses of a forgotten magma tube a sweaty, smelly maelstrom of fur shakes itself awake.

Isparians had long known of the Tusker kind from the tiny Tuskie Throwers to giant Annihilators, yet never in the history or imagination of all of Ispar had such an animal existed.

Wide as he was tall….. and tall he was, covered in matted fur so brown it was near black. Age had not treated the creature well, streaked with grey and ginger his fur resembled an ancient moth ridden rug. His face was wrinkled and wizened like a walnut. Each facial twitch sending ripples pulsing over crater like wrinkles that pocked his face. A vile stench suffused the entire cavern as the giant tusker farted.

Unknown to the Tusker his flatulence had been causing great consternation throughout the lands of Dereth. His wind problem was being amplified by the strange harmonics of the tube – The fart rumbled around the tubes building up into a great crescendo of sound that then emanated from Mt Lethe. The citizens of Dereth feared that Mt Lethe would once again explode spewing its sulphurous debris across the Nexus plains.

Struggling to contort the bulk of his bloated belly, the tusker manoeuvred into the only position that enabled him to rise, the tusker shambled out of his tube and into the bold and bright light of day.

Sitting smoking by the pond was the mighty archer Syn Li Sushi. Syn li Sushi had scorned the new fangled notion of a ‘patch’ seeing them as colourless and empty, and besides they denied a girl the opportunity to spit her tobacco. She preferred to smoke the Old Fashioned way while thinking of the By-Gone days of yore when people actually had to work out their own spell compounds – this practice had enabled Syn to blend the most incredibly potent tobaccos. It was one of her special blends she was smoking now…. The aroma of tobacco although pleasing to the Isparians was disgusting to Tuskers.

The tusker wrinkled his nose, the fibrous hairs of his nostrils twitched into life. Wakening from his long hibernation the tusker realised he was very hungry as the bilious gases that reverberated around his cavernous stomach gurgled in anticipation of a meal. Smelling the stench of Syn’s smoke the tusker decided to investigate. Paws the size of an Aegis shield trampled through the scrubby undergrowth.

Syn was distracted she had been using one of Asheron’s new fangled inventions it was called a SeeDee WalkIspar – crafted from seed husks they played music that had been chiselled onto discs by highly trained lugians. (How a lugian can be highly trained is a story in itself that I may tell another time). Syn was listening to one of her favourite tracks unaware of the steadily approaching tusker.

Suddenly the wind whipped around the Lake… Syn smelled the tusker………the tusker smelled Syn. Syn realised that her existence was about to come to a premature end, she also realised that her cigarette had gone out. Unwilling to die without a final smoke Syn fished in her pocket for a match.

Unfortunately for the tusker, as she lit the match, he chose that precise moment to unleash a mighty fart, the match ignited the noxious gas and

KAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBLLLLLLOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Chunks of tusker the size of house bricks began to fall like rain from the sky over Dereth. A giant fireball erupted making a Cassius’ Ring look like a two penny firework. The flames licked Syn’s face totally destroying the carefully cultivated bangs of which she had been so proud.
The Shock wave from the combusting tusker rattled towards the sea – reaching the shore the wall of sound piled up boiling the waves into a giant Tsunami. The tidal wave swept over Ayan Baqur – Claude and Leopold were caught unawares – The two virindi suddenly found themselves Hanging Ten (if they had ten to hang) as they caught the crest of the wave. The Virindi’s rode as if they had been born to surf. Witnesses would later swear they heard them both yelling and singing Good Good Good Vibrations by the Mayoi Beach Boys. As they were swept into the Sunset the last virindi presence in Ayan was finally destroyed.

Elsewhere great chasms in the earths crust began to appear – one such cavern opened revealing giant Lime Green rabbits who seemed to have hoarded enough vegetables to survive a nuclear winter. A farmer called Larry was atop the fissure desperately offering the Title of Bunny Master to any who would slay the green fiends.

All across the land mothers wailed fearing Asheron’s meddling ways had once again brought catastrophe to Dereth.

Syn groaned as she regained consciousness, there was a jabbing pain in her backside. She had been blown clear acroos Dereth and, she was now on top of the new Marae Lassel Lifestone !

Wiping disintegrated tusker from her face, Syn realised two important things 1) That she was still alive and 2) A ‘patch’ might be a very good idea.

A story by Davlar

Most peeps wont have a clue what this is about its a story i wrote based on a MMORPG I play called Asheron's Call and as a dude posted whether anyone played I thought I'd share a shortish story

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CarolinaMom

Daughter of a KING!
Feb 11, 2006
NC
Visit site
✟19,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tonto & The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger and Tonto stopped in the desert for the night. After they got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo Sabe, (look towards sky), what you see?"

The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What that tell you?" asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute then says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you, Tonto?"

Tonto is silent for a moment, then says, "Kemo Sabe, you dumb. It mean someone stole tent."

Upvote 0