Sheriff on Virginia Dems' gun control push: 'Never seen something so strongly opposed'

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sheriff on Virginia Dems' gun control push: 'Never seen something so strongly opposed'

Culpeper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins reacted on Friday to the Virginia state House Democratic majority pushing several gun control measures to the upper senate chamber, calling it an "overreaching agenda against the Second Amendment."

“Never have I, or anyone, seen in the Commonwealth of Virginia someone have a topic so strongly opposed as this issue and suddenly this strong uprising against it,” Jenkins told “Fox & Friends First.”

Jenkins' comments came after four gun control bills on Monday advanced in Virginia’s General Assembly, setting the stage for a contentious showdown between gun rights advocates and Democratic lawmakers who have vowed to bring comprehensive changes to the state.

Hmmmm.....wonder which way Virginia will be voting come November....
As former presidential contender O'Rourke called it....'(Heck) yes we are coming for your guns'.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hmmmm.....wonder which way Virginia will be voting come November..
They just put Northram back in the governor's office, despite his blackface and infanticide comments. And they returned the Attorney General, I think it was, back to office despite credible rape accusations. So there's that.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
They just put Northram back in the governor's office, despite his blackface and infanticide comments. And they returned the Attorney General, I think it was, back to office despite credible rape accusations. So there's that.
Then there is shoving the 2nd Amendment down a deep dark hole and essentially making a huge swath of Virginia residents potential felons....so there's that....

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Then there is shoving the 2nd Amendment down a deep dark hole and essentially making a huge swath of Virginia residents potential felons....so there's that....
Yep. It's a question of how much this has awakened the electorate.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Culpeper County Sheriff Scott Jenkins reacted on Friday to the Virginia state House Democratic majority pushing several gun control measures to the upper senate chamber, calling it an "overreaching agenda against the Second Amendment."

“Never have I, or anyone, seen in the Commonwealth of Virginia someone have a topic so strongly opposed as this issue and suddenly this strong uprising against it,” Jenkins told “Fox & Friends First.”

Jenkins' comments came after four gun control bills on Monday advanced in Virginia’s General Assembly, setting the stage for a contentious showdown between gun rights advocates and Democratic lawmakers who have vowed to bring comprehensive changes to the state.

Hmmmm.....wonder which way Virginia will be voting come November....
As former presidential contender O'Rourke called it....'(Heck) yes we are coming for your guns'.

OH NO! Their precious, precious guns! They raised them from little handguns and now someone wants to take them away!!!!

I shudder to think that their precious guns could be harmed. Let's hope they are kept safe!

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Actually, they haven't. Virginia governors are limited to only one 4-year term, but they can run again after someone else has served as governor.

The AG is Northam's choice to replace him in 2021; we'll see what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
OH NO! Their precious, precious guns!
No......their PRECIOUS Constitutional Right....what do you want to give up next.....Warrants?....Cruel and unusual punishments?....What a shallow understanding.....

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually, they haven't. Virginia governors are limited to only one 4-year term, but they can run again after someone else has served as governor.
I stand corrected. Thank you. And I think it was the Lt. Gov. who had the rape accusations. But despite these things, didn't Virginia just go solid blue just last November?

Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No......their PRECIOUS Constitutional Right.

Constitutional Rights that can literally kill people. Yes.

...what do you want to give up next

Your guns will do.

.....Warrants?....Cruel and unusual punishments?....What a shallow understanding.....

No, I'm just tired of America's gun-lust. Trust me, I've been through a ton of debates on this thing and usually it isn't worth the effort. But then I don't really measure my manhood using caliber or gauge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But despite these things, didn't Virginia just go solid blue just last November?
What will really matter is what happens this November......and I believe Northram may have just sealed the fate of Virginia......

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I stand corrected. Thank you. And I think it was the Lt. Gov. who had the rape accusations. But despite these things, didn't Virginia just go solid blue just last November?

The democrats won both houses of the legislature (with lots of Bloomburg money) for the first time in about 25 years. Their position is not that strong, however; 7 of the "new" democrats in the House won by less than 5%, and this gun issue may very well reverse the Democrat majority in the House.

The next election is in Nov. 2021.

Yes, the Lt. Governor has had several allegations of sexual misconduct leveled at him, but no one cares.

• Informative
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
One bill in Virginia has something that we need here in Florida:universal background checks for firearms purchases at gun shows. Right now a convicted violent felon can go to a gun show and purchase a firearm from an individual seller without a background check. In fact, I would like to see a requirement for background checks on all gun purchases and changes in ownership.

Over the years I have purchased firearms from individuals. Having to go though a background check every time would have been a pain on the neck (or a lower place) and I would have grumbled about it. However I know that there is necessity for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wake up. The reason Democrats won and the reason why these laws are being proposed are events like:
  • Charlottesville
  • Virginia Tech shooting
Virginia's citizens are fed up with their campuses becoming graveyards for students and their cities becoming stomping grounds for KKK and Alt-Right members from all over the country. No state wants THOSE kinds of tourists (or residents, for that matter).

If the most testosterone-laden and thuglike of Virginia's gun owners storm the capitol to subvert democracy, it will just bring more Democrats out in force.

And maybe then gun owners will realize that if they want to keep their "rights" unrestricted, they have to make sure that the worst of their bunch behave. The small percentage of gun owners who think that domestic terrorism is the answer are giving a bad name to the rest of you.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0