Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. Arpaio is primarily known for his anti-immigration crusade and his sadism to his inmates. Google "pink underwear baloney sandwiches" for early stories that delighted the nation.

This birther kick of his is new.

is a good profile, but fairly lengthy.

Oh... Well then, let the pink underwear discussion begin!

Ick? Ma'am, that link is comedy gold.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kind of like when the Republicans spent months desperately slurring Obama because of Rev. Wright's statements when Obama left his church and the statements had nothing to do with him...
Which ignores the fact that Obama sat under Wright's tutelage for 20 years and spoke highly of him

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. Arpaio is primarily known for his anti-immigration crusade and his sadism to his inmates. Google "pink underwear baloney sandwiches" for early stories that delighted the nation.

This birther kick of his is new.

This is a good profile, but fairly lengthy.

Ick.
Wow! Pink underwear and baloney sandwiches are sadistic. Who would have known? :doh:

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
He should be disbarred, but I can't be the only one who read the above and thought "wow, sounds like how Obama acts."

You're in good company since this forum is filled with people who connect every bad thing they witness with Obama regardless of any actual connection.

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're in good company since this forum is filled with people who connect every bad thing they witness with Obama regardless of any actual connection.

Nonsense, Acro!

For instance, I personally don't connect him to the initial oil drilling fiasco that reeked havoc on Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Florida. I did connect him to the ensuing chaos, of course, but he certainly didn't directly cause it! ;)

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow! Pink underwear and baloney sandwiches are sadistic. Who would have known? :doh:

Ok bro, I'm gonna assume you ain't from Arizona. I am; <staff edit> my dad and step-dad ended up goin through tents at some point. The food there is bad. Not like, "bro this doesn't taste good" bad, I mean like "a grocery store would face legal action for selling it" bad. Not to mention Arizona summers without anything but MAYBE a small fan to keep from fryin out in the tents. And that fan thing is more disbelief that they wouldn't give them anything, because summers in the Valley are vicious. People have died in heat waves that feel refreshing to that area.

Now come, let's see how rotten food and heat exposure are defended. Or maybe just irrelevant, haven't seen what games we're playing today yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense, Acro!

For instance, I personally don't connect him to the initial oil drilling fiasco that reeked havoc on Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Florida. I did connect him to the ensuing chaos, of course, but he certainly didn't directly cause it! ;)

It is quite unfortunate that there isn't enough safety and environmental oversight for businesses, hopefully in the future regulation and enforcement will be ramped up to prevent such incidents.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok bro, I'm gonna assume you ain't from Arizona. I am; <staff edit> my dad and step-dad ended up goin through tents at some point. The food there is bad. Not like, "bro this doesn't taste good" bad, I mean like "a grocery store would face legal action for selling it" bad. Not to mention Arizona summers without anything but MAYBE a small fan to keep from fryin out in the tents. And that fan thing is more disbelief that they wouldn't give them anything, because summers in the Valley are vicious. People have died in heat waves that feel refreshing to that area.

Now come, let's see how rotten food and heat exposure are defended. Or maybe just irrelevant, haven't seen what games we're playing today yet.
Sounds a lot like my Army days, and I didn't commit any crimes to be put in that situation :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is quite unfortunate that there isn't enough safety and environmental oversight for businesses, hopefully in the future regulation and enforcement will be ramped up to prevent such incidents.

Or, the government could cease regulating the very technology, for their own gain, which could have prevented the disaster.

We've got enough regulations as it is. (Some would say too many in most cases.) What we need is for the government to get rid of the rest of the red tape.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds a lot like my Army days, and I didn't commit any crimes to be put in that situation :D:D

You "volunteer" for that though. You agree to place yourself in difficult situations, with compensation to match. Not to mention it's just a fact of combat, ya can't decide to have it someplace comfy.

And I say volunteer with quotes because, let's be honest, very few people get an honest image of what they're getting into until they're there.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds a lot like my Army days, and I didn't commit any crimes to be put in that situation
Neither did a lot of the people who were held in these conditions :D:D More than a few were picked up and held on suspicion of being illegal immigrants. Others may be be awaiting trial, too poor to make bail.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Right.
Got it.

A man's close associate is disciplined by his peers but has nothing whatsoever to do with the man himself. Okay.

Noted.

He should be disbarred, but I can't be the only one who read the above and thought "wow, sounds like how Obama acts."

While I agree it does matter, I'm curious how you responded to the various criminals, racists, and malcontents Barry spent a lifetime hanging around with, when they were brought up.

I seem to have confused ye. Sorry.

No, I was not being sarcastic over past posts. I was noting it for the future ones, but it seems it does not matter as Mach is capable of more doublethink than bus load of EPA bureaucrats.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You "volunteer" for that though. You agree to place yourself in difficult situations, with compensation to match. Not to mention it's just a fact of combat, ya can't decide to have it someplace comfy.

And I say volunteer with quotes because, let's be honest, very few people get an honest image of what they're getting into until they're there.
No, I didn't volunteer. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Or, the government could cease regulating the very technology, for their own gain, which could have prevented the disaster.

We've got enough regulations as it is. (Some would say too many in most cases.) What we need is for the government to get rid of the rest of the red tape.

It is always cheaper to pollute and that is what companies do in the absence of enforced regulation. But I understand you've made a decision about the role of government and won't let history or reason stand in your way.

Upvote 0

RETS

Telling it like it is
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
✟10,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is always cheaper to pollute and that is what companies do in the absence of enforced regulation. But I understand you've made a decision about the role of government and won't let history or reason stand in your way.

Believe what you will. :wave:

Upvote 0