Jan 24, 2012
✟9,835.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Investigators with the State Bar of Arizona said somewhere along the way he became obsessed with his political enemies. He turned disagreements over policy into a full-fledged attempt to see his opponents jailed and disgraced.

With Arpaio’s help, investigators said, Thomas used the powers of his office to target his opponents with criminal investigations. He had some arrested and some charged with crimes. The evidence he and Arpaio used in the process was often questionable. The charges rarely stuck...

One key ruling by the panel was that Thomas and Aubuchon likely committed crimes, including perjury, during their crusade. Fallout from the feud doesn’t end with the ethics investigation. A federal grand jury is believed to still be looking at possible criminal charges against Thomas and Arpaio on allegations that they abused their powers.
Andrew Thomas Disbarred Over Ethics Violations | TPMMuckraker

Surprise surprise.

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would it?
That's the connection the OP is trying to make.

"With Arpaio’s help, investigators said, Thomas used the powers of his office to target his opponents with criminal investigations. He had some arrested and some charged with crimes. The evidence he and Arpaio used in the process was often questionable. The charges rarely stuck..."

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A good college buddy of mine lives in Scottsdale, and thinks the sheriff is a knight in shining armor. Another buddy lives in Tempe, and thinks the sheriff is a Nazi. A very polarizing figure. A good lawman should be tough, and unafraid of making enemies, but he's got to be an absolute stickler for following proper procedure. Everybody slips up, and the longer you make yourself a target, the better the odds you'll take a bullseye hit eventually.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

"With Arpaio’s help, investigators said, Thomas used the powers of his office to target his opponents with criminal investigations. He had some arrested and some charged with crimes. The evidence he and Arpaio used in the process was often questionable. The charges rarely stuck..."

Right.
Got it.

A man's close associate is disciplined by his peers but has nothing whatsoever to do with the man himself. Okay.

Noted.

Upvote 0
I

IAmCatwoman

Kind of like when the Republicans spent months desperately slurring Obama because of Rev. Wright's statements when Obama left his church and the statements had nothing to do with him...

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

He should be disbarred, but I can't be the only one who read the above and thought "wow, sounds like how Obama acts."

Right.
Got it.

A man's close associate is disciplined by his peers but has nothing whatsoever to do with the man himself. Okay.

Noted.

While I agree it does matter, I'm curious how you responded to the various criminals, racists, and malcontents Barry spent a lifetime hanging around with, when they were brought up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He should be disbarred, but I can't be the only one who read the above and thought "wow, sounds like how Obama acts."

While I agree it does matter, I'm curious how you responded to the various criminals, racists, and malcontents Barry spent a lifetime hanging around with, when they were brought up.

Nice how every thread ends with some connection to Obama.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Nice how every thread ends with some connection to Obama.

...what else do you want to discuss? The only reason this is big news is because the sherrif is a birther. You want to discuss the birther issue? In that case, let me direct you here.:bye:

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...what else do you want to discuss? The only reason this is big news is because the sherrif is a birther. You want to discuss the birther issue? In that case, let me direct you here.:bye:

Nonsense. Arpio has been under the microscope LONG before he came out with the birther possee.

Although it is fun to see every thread degrade into 'everybody is bad because Obama is bad".

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense. Arpio has been under the microscope LONG before he came out with the birther possee.

Although it is fun to see every thread degrade into 'everybody is bad because Obama is bad".

I never said anything like that. Please refrain from accusing me of saying things I have not.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I never said anything like that. Please refrain from accusing me of saying things I have not.
Everything I posted in that post was true. Sorry if it runs counter to what yu believe. :wave:

This thread has nothing to do with Obama or birthers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: SOAD
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Everything I posted in that post was true. Sorry if it runs counter to what yu believe. :wave:

This thread has nothing to do with Obama or birthers.

Show me where I said "everyone is bad because Obama is bad" or apologize.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Show me where I said "everyone is bad because Obama is bad" or apologize.
I never wrote that you specifically said that, so I owe you no apology.

This thread still has nothing to do with Obama or birthers. :wave:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...what else do you want to discuss? The only reason this is big news is because the sherrif is a birther.
Not at all. Arpaio is primarily known for his anti-immigration crusade and his sadism to his inmates. Google "pink underwear baloney sandwiches" for early stories that delighted the nation.

This birther kick of his is new.

This is a good profile, but fairly lengthy.

You want to discuss the birther issue? In that case, let me direct you here.:bye:
Ick.

Upvote 0