Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
blank_1x1.gif

Photo_Mar_13_5_41_18_AM_480x480.jpg

Shepherd's Pie is a delightfully hearty and fragrant comfort food. Few dishes stick to the ribs as well. Though British in origin, it is a meal enjoyed throughout Ireland and the UK alike, so it often makes its appearance in our home around St. Patrick's Day.

Traditionally Shepherd's Pie is made with ground lamb, but is also delicious using ground beef which is more readily available in the States. (Beef is included as a substitute, however, technically speaking, it becomes a different dish known as a cottage pie).

The cooking of the meat in red wine, accented by a blend of allium flavors, provides a wonderful aromatic filling. We, Malloys, can attest, it is a marvelous antidote to the lionish winds of March.

Continued below.
Shepherd's Pie

Reactions: Shane R

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟570,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
One of my favorite comfort foods. I worked at a supermarket that had a lunch counter many years ago. The primary cook was an Italian guy named Sal. He made a good Shepherd's pie sometime in the middle of the week almost every week.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,699,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of my favorite comfort foods. I worked at a supermarket that had a lunch counter many years ago. The primary cook was an Italian guy named Sal. He made a good Shepherd's pie sometime in the middle of the week almost every week.
I have not made one in quite some time.

Upvote 0