Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're forgetting that many people have redefined "conservative" to mean "finding a way to bash democrats and their policies".

So, if he just reports the news, good or bad, then he's a phony...however, if he takes that information, and adds on an extra sentence at the end that makes some sort of generic platitude about how "... and that's why this is evidence of how Obama's policies failed", or bring up some fake perceived issue with Chicago, then they'd say he was a "real conservative"

I understand.

The reality is, I would say, most people consume news sources based on what they want to hear, vs what the most accurate description of any particular story, is likely to be.

All network sources have some bias as they report the news and this can be easily observed, by watching how each network reports different stories and how certain parts of stories are either magnified and or minimized for effect.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They are partially responsible...because if they're going to claim to be a "Fair and Balanced" news station, then the first step of being a good news outlet is to provide meaningful and non-misleading headlines. If they intentionally provide misleading headlines simply because they know 75% of their audience won't bother to read past the first two sentences, then they're no better than a tabloid at that point.

If readers have to read 10 mins in to an article to find out that the headline was intentionally misleading, then that's not good journalism, that's pandering to partisans.

If auto repair manuals were written the way Fox writes their articles, you'd have to read all the way to page 5 to realize that the chapter titled "how to change oil" had nothing to do with oil changes.

Fox stopped pretending and dropped the fair and balanced motto a few months back.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fox stopped pretending and dropped the fair and balanced motto a few months back.

I dont think any network is completely fair and balanced. It takes effort for the average person to get a fair and balanced reporting of the news. Relying on only one source, wont get you there.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I dont think any network is completely fair and balanced. It takes effort for the average person to get a fair and balanced reporting of the news. Relying on only one source, wont get you there.

I consider a lot of the prime time news programs commentary, rather than just news. They aren't just reporting what happened and when, or who did what and the effects, they are assigning motivations and giving their opinion and trying to persuade their audiences now.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0