-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Church is so much different than back in the days where people will visit to whichever church that's near their house and listen to the pastor there. But nowadays you can tune in to youtube or any podcast to read your favourite pastor, you found out differences btw denomination, and visit to multiple churches at the same time out of curiosity.

Now I've friends everywhere, from many different denominations and churches. Each of them are loving, trying to invite me over their gathering.. Hmm I don't know how to turn down those kind invitation properly

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have experience in varying degrees with Roman Catholicism, Lutheranism, Anglicanism, Pentecostalism, and American Evangelicalism. Hearing different view points, even if I find them offensive, has certainly been helpful in my faith. Not all ideas are equal, so we must find the most God-pleasing ones, even within the Christian religion.

We are to read, study, and KNOW Scripture, rather than taking everything the preacher says at face value. Be sure to exchange ideas, learn from them, and grow in Christ-like character during Bible studies. True progress never came from echo chambers, but from people exchanging different ideas in Christ-like ways (1 Corinthians 14:33, 1 John 4:1-6, 1 Peter 3:15-17, 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22, 2 Timothy 3:12-17).

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have experience in varying degrees with Roman Catholicism, Lutheranism, Anglicanism, Pentecostalism, and American Evangelicalism. Hearing different view points, even if I find them offensive, has certainly been helpful in my faith. Not all ideas are equal, so we must find the most God-pleasing ones, even within the Christian religion.

We are to read, study, and KNOW Scripture, rather than taking everything the preacher says at face value. Be sure to exchange ideas, learn from them, and grow in Christ-like character during Bible studies. True progress never came from echo chambers, but from people exchanging different ideas in Christ-like ways (1 Corinthians 14:33, 1 John 4:1-6, 1 Peter 3:15-17, 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22, 2 Timothy 3:12-17).
So what's your conclusion?

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what's your conclusion?

As long as the sheep are truly led to The Good Shepherd, then is there truly a problem? Do nothing out of rivalry, conceit, nor selfish ambitions (Galatians 5:13-26, John 10:1-30, Philippians 2:1-11).

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Church is so much different than back in the days where people will visit to whichever church that's near their house and listen to the pastor there. But nowadays you can tune in to youtube or any podcast to read your favourite pastor, you found out differences btw denomination, and visit to multiple churches at the same time out of curiosity.

Now I've friends everywhere, from many different denominations and churches. Each of them are loving, trying to invite me over their gathering.. Hmm I don't know how to turn down those kind invitation properly
"Sheep stealing" ? What an odd description. The sheep belong to Jesus Christ of Nazareth not to an earthly congregation, Pastor or any other authoritative figure. Maybe this is why Christian's are so unsettled, they lost their Sheppard.
Be blessed
*Edited

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hmm I don't know how to turn down those kind invitation properly
I know exactly how I would turn down those kind invitation properly. Invite them all over, have a picnic or go to a restaurant, all of them at once if it's possible.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As long as the sheep are truly led to The Good Shepherd, then is there truly a problem? Do nothing out of rivalry, conceit, nor selfish ambitions (Galatians 5:13-26, John 10:1-30, Philippians 2:1-11).
In human nature it's not so. One will be more excited and happy than another if you choose to join this bible study group over another.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nothing has changed, you still should be in membership and attending regularly the local church that is most in tune with your believes. Note I said most in tune. It doesn't have to match exactly, if an Anglican church is the nearest and closest in its likeness to Christ. Then even if the rituals irritate and the style of hymns anoy that is where one goes.

As for those who invite you to attend their church, ask hem will they come and see what ever church you attend? If they won't politely declined to attend their church.

The point being by being involved with a Local church, man's you are serving your community, your witness will be seen by your neighbours, your involvement will be seen and on a practical note, if one has a two hour drive to attend a midweek prayer meeting are you really going to be regular there?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
NOt ones beliefs but the bible

For the poster if the church that he believed most closely followed the Bible was an era church, I would suggest he attended that church, despite its error in expecting it's followers must do the work of worshipping on Saturday.

Equally as I said if it was an Anglican church then he would have to accept/put up with robes and a set order of service and so on and so on.

No church is perfect, they all have things people can find fault with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where is the "sheep stealing" in this?

These are amazing times with big challenges. Is there a rule that says we can't be a part of the whole bride of Christ? Seems like a tribal mentality to separate yourself from the larger church.

Just because a church has open doors and is offering attractive features doesn't mean they are "sheep stealing". This seems more like a bitter false accusation against a church body that is growing.

Should churches stop people entering at the door to find out where they are coming from and turn them away if it is determined that they belong elsewhere? (of course not)

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This doesn't fit my understanding of "stealing sheep." I know of at least 2 groups who send representatives out, usually two by two, with the sole mission to entice people away from churches other than theirs. Their talks often include comments suggesting that their group is "the only true church."

Upvote 0