Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not a Karaite. Just wanted to know who else follows Leviticus 23:16.

I do know that the Jewish Calendar has it in the middle of the week this year, I am celebrating as per the above and was wondering if anyone else here does :)

How did you come up with June 12 then?

Upvote 0

TertiusC

Oct 30, 2006
Houston, TX
✟8,058.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Well, there are two.

1. When you start counting - Lev. 23:15.
2. When you stop counting - Lev. 23:16.

I understand debate about the first since there are two days that could also be called Sabbaths in the feast (first and last day), but the second clears up that debate.

Is that what you're talking about?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, there are two.

1. When you start counting - Lev. 23:15.
2. When you stop counting - Lev. 23:16.

I understand debate about the first since there are two days that could also be called Sabbaths in the feast (first and last day), but the second clears up that debate.

Is that what you're talking about?

Yes.

So, the Jews have it wrong then, in your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There was even a debate about whether Passover was to be observed at the beginning of the day or the end. This is why Yeshua celebrated it the one night and then the next day the lambs were being slaughtered for Passover that night.

This is your deduction from trying to resolve the Synoptics with John?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TertiusC

Oct 30, 2006
Houston, TX
✟8,058.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
There was even a debate about whether Passover was to be observed at the beginning of the day or the end. This is why Yeshua celebrated it the one night and then the next day the lambs were being slaughtered for Passover that night.

I wouldn't say that this is why, merely this is an opinion that some have. I tend not to agree with it.

Upvote 0

TertiusC

Oct 30, 2006
Houston, TX
✟8,058.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not the only one with the opinion. Have you tested the opinion of those that you follow?

Obeying YHWH is the goal here, if brothers disagree, they need to not create barriers but find the truth.

Again, saying "please tell me why it is on the 8th/9th" shouldn't be that hard. I'd like to get to the truth, if I have it then great. If I don't, let me know and I'll accept.

My question posed is, why do you do it on a date determined by someone else that clearly goes against scripture. Again, I'm not the only one of this opinion so it's not me vs. everyone else.

Upvote 0

TertiusC

Oct 30, 2006
Houston, TX
✟8,058.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Tertuis,
Isn't your assessment merely one based on your personal opinion concerning the interpretation of a Biblical passage? This shouldn't be something that's allowed to become a barrier between brethren.

How would you interpret the passage? Or how does anyone interpret it to mean that Shavuot (A commanded feast) should be on any other day than the first day of the week.

Upvote 0