Shattered ~ Did satan’s sin cause the big bang?

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NO.
The Big Bang was the creation of the physical universe. Why in the world would you think that Satan's sin caused creation?
Perhaps it was in reflection that bounced from Origen’s writings that a slow process of neglect was the cause of everyone’s fall, but whatever it was it was a thought with many links that I couldn’t place together myself, so I brought to the ‘controversy’ to see what they could make of it. The thread itself seems detached from the title even to me, but that was what I felt led to lead with ... :) ... read the thread and maybe suggest a better title?

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God and the Word together eternal before time.

Angeles created as Spirit beings, no date. God
Imputed musical ability in the created angels.

The Heavens and the Earth where created,
(Gen. 1:1, Job 38:7) time takes hold. Isaiah 45:18
"he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited"

Dinosaurs created on earth, long long time ago.

War in Heaven, fall of Satan (Luke 10:18)
Musical ability was subsequently perverted after his
rebellion against God (Isaiah 14:11-15;Ezekiel 28:11-19)

Asteroid Destruction over the face of the Earth, Dinosaurs,
wiped out, earth becomes covered in water (GEN. 1:2)

We know asteroids hit the earth killing dinosaurs.
Places like Dinosaur Tracks contest to it.
Navajo Nation To Preserve Dinosaur Tracks

After impact, the earth was covered with water.
Asteroid Crashes Likely Gave Earth Its Water | Space

Thus The earth [becomes void], Then God had to renew
the face of the earth. Psalms 104:30. the 7 day recreation.

Satan had already been cast down, and had already rebelled
against God by the time of Adam and Eve; that is proven by
his already being in his role of tempter against Eve in
God's Garden. "that old serpent"
-

Heb 12:25-27
25 See that ye refuse not Him That speaketh. For if they escaped
not who refused Him That spake on earth, much more shall not we
escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now He hath promised,
saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven."

27 And this word, 'Yet once more', signifieth the removing of those
things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things
which cannot be shaken may remain.

Why the phrase "once more", which points to at least one previous time
that He shook the earth to that level.
-

Why should the whole universe—the creation—be waiting with eager longing
for the actual birth and appearing of all these sons of God, to be born ?

“Because the creation itself [the universe not now capable of sustaining life]
will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty

“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed
the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain,
he formed it to be inhabited:I am the Lord; and there is none else.”

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I believe God created the heavens and the earth period. After that the earth "became" void. Although God did not create it that way. He did not create it in vain. He created it to be inhabited. So on that note, yes, I do believe Satan's rebellion played into what happened to the earth before this present time.

Isaiah 45:18 "for thus saith the Lord That created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: "I am the Lord; and there is none else

We know science has this earth dated to millions and if not billions of years old and I don't think the bible contradicts that.

So of course if the earth is that old, it was in fact inhabited as noted by Isaiah.

II Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:"

II Peter 3:6 "Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:"

This tells us the earth is of "old". 6 to 7000 years is not old. And no Christian is willingly ignorant about Noah's flood. So we are talking about an earlier time. You get hints at this with verses in Job and Jeremiah 4 where God talks about this earlier time.

Jeremiah 4:22 "For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge."

Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly

We are talking about God moving the hills. He did not do this during Noah's flood.

Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

Jeremiah 4:26 "I beheld, and lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."

We go to Job and he point blanks asks Job where was he when he first created this earth and all of the stars jumped for joy.

Job 38:4 "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding."

Job 38:5 "Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?"

Job 38:6 "Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;"

Job 38:7 "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for Joy?"

God is talking about the angels and how happy they were at that time.

He later tells Job,

Job 40:15 "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox."

There are two things noted there for deeper study.

Hebrews 12:25 "See that ye refuse not Him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused Him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:"

Hebrews 12:26 "Whose voice then shook the earth: but now He hath promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven."

So, yes, I do believe the angels inhabited this earth before and it was a true paradise until Satan's rebellion. I think he shook the earth in his anger (moving the hills) and then started again this present time.

There are documentaries that have certain petried forests and animal bones that have been found that once lived in certain regions that are not able to do so, etc. Human like footprints found but no bones and so on. If you look at certain maps, it looks like certain places used to fit together.

And I have no problem with it because for me, it makes the most sense. We need to apply common sense to some things, especially about the earth's age. Even God said his people have no understanding on such things and are in fact willingly ignorant about them. And I really think this is one of the deeper mysteries we can pull from the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's Word does not reveal just how ancient His original perfect creation was. His Word does show it was very ancient though, and that this 2nd earth age we are in now was placed in bondage to corruption. Genesis 2 reveals His Abode was once upon this earth too, and Revelation reveals He is coming back.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Song of Solomon 2:10-13
My beloved spoke, and said to me:
“Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away.
For lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove
Is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth her green figs,
And the vines with the tender grapes
Give a good smell.
Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away!​

Calling her to come out of doors, and being removed from the bodily senses, to cease to be in the flesh, so that she can merit to hear: but you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:6

The dross of satanic things:

When the Bridegroom says this kind of winter and of rains that fall upon us from the offence and the storms of vices had ‘departed to themselves,’ thus indicating that sins have no being. For when one’s vices leave they are not gathered to form some other being, but take themselves away and, being dissolved into themselves, they vanish and are reduced to nothing. And therefore He said that it “has departed to itself.’

Tranquility, then, comes to the soul when the Word of God appears to her, and sin ceases to be. And so at last, when the vineyard is in flower, the virtues and the orchards of good fruits will begin to bud. The voice of the turtledove is heard in the land when the spirit of mankind, which the fig tree is a figure, puts forth it’s bud. Not yet bearing the fruits of the Spirit (against which there is no law) but is beginning now to put forth it’s buds.

For every tree that the Heavenly Father has not planted shall be rooted up.

The Song of Song ~ Commentary and Homilies ~ Origen

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think I understand what is meant by the instantaneous fall into evil, rather than it being sloth or gradual decline. A decision made, like the decision to follow Him is made on a day one doesn’t forget.

Joshua 24

Choose Whom You Will Serve

14 “Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Foxes, sloths etc the first Adam named. The second Adam will also fit us into our place in eternity imho.

1. “ ’living nephesh’ given to each living creature that the first Adam named speaks of the power-over given to the earth creature (man) “
  2. These being subordinate brings to mind that which we need to bring into submission ~ the body (plant life) and the mind/soul (animal life) under control of the spirit of mankind (Holy Spirit led)
  3. Because, it continues … “ Helpers they may be … companions they are not”
  4. “Then Yahweh God seemingly steps back out of the picture; showing that diety as not the authoritarian controller of events”
  5. The Father seems to have forfeited the right to reverse the Second Adam’s human/divine decision. The King’s verdict is irreversible. “This earth creature (Christ Jesus) takes over” as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, to which every knee shall bow. And He embraces the power to till and keep us His Garden, the church out of His side, both of blood and water, making us clean. Amen (so be it) is His spoken Word.
  6. God is now set on His promise of finding fit companions for His Son amongst all of mankind. The new Adam reviews the candidates, judging them all as to what He will call them.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Catch the little foxes that destroy the vines and our vineyards will flourish. Songs 2:15

These words the Bridegroom says to His friends, either the angels or the holy men, as many as are the teachers of the church. His orders are for the safety of the vines, so that when the evil powers which destroy beginnings of growth of the fruit have been caught, the vines may be able to advance from bloom up to perfection of fruit, being husbanded by God; tho owing to their free will they can either bring forth fruit or refuse to do so.

Or some men may be taken as ‘foxes’, when by their bitter heterodoxy they put stumbling blocks in the paths of those who have begun to run well; the Lord wants them to be caught while they are still small, before they advance to a greater impiety.

For if a fox grows up without being caught by the friends, he can be hunted down by the Bridegroom alone; but when they are only beginning to work their evil deeds, they are also easily caught by His friends, and He naturally says, ‘little vineyards’ for the foxes have no power against great ones.

Songs ~ Origen ~

(one of those things that make ya wanna go hmmn sounds like a Herod thang)

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[Gen 1:16 NIV] 16 God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

The moon is called a light. That's what it says.

Sun, moon, stars.

No big bang in the Bible. No universe in the Bible, unless you mistranslate words. No galaxies, no solar system in the Bible. No planets in the Bible, except Jude 13, with a different meaning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
[Gen 1:16 NIV] 16 God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

The moon is called a light. That's what it says.

Sun, moon, stars.

No big bang in the Bible. No universe in the Bible, unless you mistranslate words. No galaxies, no solar system in the Bible. No planets in the Bible, except Jude 13, with a different meaning.

No kangaroos in the Bible either.

But I've seen a kangaroo with my own eyes.
Just as I've seen the planets in our solar system with my own eyes.

I'll never forget the day my dad and I, when I was a kid, set our family telescope out in the front yard and were able to see Saturn and its rings. It was a wondrous feeling. The beauty of the cosmos should instill wonder and awe concerning the God of all creation.

The biblical writers wrote from within the views of nature which they had, to use that to deny the very obvious and observable facts of the cosmos is not biblical fidelity, it's intentional ignorance.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No kangaroos in the Bible either.

But I've seen a kangaroo with my own eyes.
Just as I've seen the planets in our solar system with my own eyes.

I'll never forget the day my dad and I, when I was a kid, set our family telescope out in the front yard and were able to see Saturn and its rings. It was a wondrous feeling. The beauty of the cosmos should instill wonder and awe concerning the God of all creation.

The biblical writers wrote from within the views of nature which they had, to use that to deny the very obvious and observable facts of the cosmos is not biblical fidelity, it's intentional ignorance.

-CryptoLutheran

I just pointed out the biblical basis.

Some telescope you must have! I've done the same and barely see Saturn. Even in the recent Saturn and Jupiter conjunction the top telescopes captured tiny thumbs size images and NASA didn't even cover it. You can always check out the stacked images or CGI, or better, your kangaroos.

Great Conjunction of Jupiter & Saturn | December ... - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0