Peanut Gallery Sharing Prophetic Messages as led.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, this is the peanut gallery for the Teaching thread 'Sharing Prophetic Messages as led.'

Link: Teaching (no posting) - Sharing Prophetic Messages as led.

Here you can discuss posts shared in the thread, and submit any comments or questions you may have according to 1 Corinthians 14 (concerning the gift of Prophecy).

All posts in the thread that edify or otherwise bless you spiritually are testament to the glory and power of the Lord Jesus Christ. I take credit for nothing.

'10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.' Revelation 19:10 (KJV)

Last edited:

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me just suggest this.
1 Corinthians 14 is not about the Holy Spirit enabled "gift of prophecy" or the "diversities of tongues."
1 Corinthians 14 is about the ability of all believers to do these two things. They can both speak in tongues and prophesy forth from out of the spirit of Christ in them (that is their born-again spirit).
I have written several books and used to teach online courses in the 90s on these subjects. This is certainly not to take away from the gifts of the Holy Spirit! But I believe there is an obvious distinction between speaking by the Holy Spirit (the gifts) and speaking forth from the spirit of Christ in us. There are many scriptures from both the OT and NT that show this to be true.
Thanks for the teaching and threads!

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me just suggest this.
1 Corinthians 14 is not about the Holy Spirit enabled "gift of prophecy" or the "diversities of tongues."
1 Corinthians 14 is about the ability of all believers to do these two things. They can both speak in tongues and prophesy forth from out of the spirit of Christ in them (that is their born-again spirit).
I have written several books and used to teach online courses in the 90s on these subjects. This is certainly not to take away from the gifts of the Holy Spirit! But I believe there is an obvious distinction between speaking by the Holy Spirit (the gifts) and speaking forth from the spirit of Christ in us. There are many scriptures from both the OT and NT that show this to be true.
Thanks for the teaching and threads!

Thank you for your response.

I am using 1 Corinthians 14 as a Biblical reference for the purpose and function of Peanut galleries in general.

I've been gone for ~2-3 years.

In that time, the Spirit-Filled/Charismatic Community Statement of Purpose had been revised since I last posted here regularly.

Peanut galleries are new to me but they are an excellent idea since 1 Corinthians 14 stresses the importance of explaining all things so they make sense to the audience listening.

Having a dedicated space for feedback regarding a Teaching thread (where no posting is allowed) can only serve to benefit the community.

I am not referencing 1 Corinthians 14 for any other purpose than what I have explained here in this response.

~~~ I Digress ~~~

I like what you said about 'the ability of all believers to do these two things' regarding prophecy and tongues, it's true.

However, I am sticking with terminology used in Scripture (regarding gifts) for the sake of clarity so everyone (here on these forums) can follow along.

You are speaking of things a bit more advanced, and to do a comprehensive teaching on 1 Corinthians 14 would be an entire Bible study by itself.

Paul says something interesting here.

'If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit.' 2 Corinthians 5:13 (NLT)

No matter how advanced someone is in revelation or the knowledge of Christ, the most important thing is to make sense to those listening right?

'But if I don’t understand a language, I will be a foreigner to someone who speaks it, and the one who speaks it will be a foreigner to me.' 1 Corinthians 14:11 (NLT)

Here (1 Corinthians 13:1-3), the Apostle Paul states the imperative of love.

'1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing.

3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.'

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (NLT)

Basically, even if someone is a spiritual superhuman by their knowledge and faith (in Christ), all of their works will burn up and count for nothing if it wasn't done in love (for others).

This all being said, I do want to say this SavedByGrace3.

Back in the 90's, you were waaaay ahead of your time. Keep on being awesome for God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi @Victor E.

I have started going thru your Teaching thread ...
and I am seeing some interesting things in there!

But today, I would just like to 'thank you' ...
for taking the time and expending the effort to establish a designated Teaching thread, where you can express your personal beliefs and opinions for any and all to read, as/if they choose, in a consolidated, orderly fashion ... without causing any confusion, disruption, disunity, strife to the rest of the forum.

Not that I think you personally would ever intend to do so, but as perhaps you have noticed, threads in this forum can so easily get derailed, go off topic, become 'boxing matches' between opposing 'sides', even become mean-spirited ... when persons disagree publicly with one another.

But with the Teaching thread/Peanut Gallery approach, persons can comment and debate as much as they like ... without detracting from the teaching message that is being delivered. I think it is a good step toward unity and mutual edification, to comment, agree, disagree in this more peaceable way.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."

Again, thank you.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FROM TEACHING POST #41:

The price a person will pay for being a 'hard word' prophet is this..
You will never be 'liked' as a person.

Reading what you posted reminded of "Picture of a Prophet" by Leonard Ravenhill ...

Here it is in written form:

Picture of a Prophet by Leonard Ravenhill (bibleportal.com)

And here, in dramatic video format:

I look around these days ... see the world spinning out of control ...
so much chaos, suffering, misery, hopelessness ...
and sometimes recently, yes, I have said to myself:
"Where are the prophets?"

We need them. We need them now.

When I was a young woman in the 70's, I encountered by first 'prophet' on the streets of downtown Cleveland, Ohio. He was a peculiar looking older man, wearing a 2-sided placard.
And the placard read: "Repent. The End is Near."

All these years later, I still remember that peculiar old man, and his sign ...

Upvote 0