Teaching (no posting) Sharing Prophetic Messages as led.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, in this thread I will share prophetic words as I feel led by the Holy Spirit.

'Prophetic' is just another word for when an utterance (based in Scripture) is given that is insightful or revelatory in nature (not to be confused with 'word of Knowledge/Wisdom').

The prophetic (gift of Prophecy) serves as a sign to believers and its general purpose is to edify, exhort, or comfort.

It's empowered by the unction of the Holy Spirit (John 16:5-16, 1 Corinthians 13:2, 1 Corinthians 14:22, 1 Corinthians 14:3).

Please note that these specific 'prophetic messages'/'Prophetic teachings' are not 'personal prophecy' or 'personal prophetic words' (which go against forum guidelines).

These prophetic words are based in scripture.. and are not of any private interpretation (meaning any believer could read and find them for themselves).

'20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.'

(2 Peter 1:20-21)

There are other types of Prophecy, but
I will not be doing those here.

Here's a link to the Peanut Gallery for this thread - Peanut Gallery - Sharing Prophetic Messages as led.

~~~

It felt appropriate to make the 1st post an introduction page as to the purpose of this thread, I have relocated a copy of the previous #1 post to #5.

I will do my best to leave Scripture references where applicable.

If anything does not make sense OR I've made some typos/neglected to leave Scripture references for a claim I make, feel free to let me know and I will gladly fix it.

Navigating prophecy of Scripture properly.. this is my responsibility to God (it's not always easy).

The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of the prophets (1 Corinthians 14:32).

This means that prophets (as humans) can make mistakes like anyone else.

I appreciate the reader's patience and grace in this..

I will periodically proofread previous posts submitted here to make any necessary clarifications/edits (to make things clear, intelligible, and easier to follow/understand).

I will also periodically review these posts to make sure that everything submitted here is in the Spirit of Christ, and in line with God's Word.

For any questions, comments, or other discussion please refer to this thread's peanut gallery.

Again, here's a link to the Peanut Gallery for this thread - Peanut Gallery - Sharing Prophetic Messages as led.

Last edited:

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's so many things wrong in this world.

'The Preacher' (King Solomon) searched them out..

'12 I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.

13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.'

Ecclesiastes 1:12-15 (KJV)

Solomon says so much here..

1. God has given sore travail to the sons of man (mankind).
God does not hide this fact or deny the things that are done inextricably by His command (Isaiah 45:7).

2. Occupying one's mind with only the works done here on earth is vanity and leads to vexation of spirit.

Therefore, Christians ought to set their minds on things above and not earthly things (Colossians 3:2).

3. Everything wrong with the world we live in cannot be fixed. Neither can the number of things that need fixing be counted.

The Bible does not hide this truth.

Ever since 'The Fall' (When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden) the earth has existed in a fallen state that is beyond saving (Genesis 6, Genesis 7 - God destroys the earth in a flood).

While Ecclesiastes can seem heavy or depressing, the book's purpose is to chronicle and acknowledge the struggles of mankind and how wrong this world we live in is.

When Christ came, He also came to bring us assurance that one day God will right the wrongs that are done. This is part of God's love.

Sometimes I see that people don't want to believe in God because of things that He allows to happen.

'Would a loving God let children in Africa starve to death'?

This is kind of cliché rhetoric but a fair question.

The reason such awful things are allowed to happen is because we live in a fallen world rife with sin.

I think a better question is, why aren't the billionaires doing something about worldwide hunger?

They appear to donate generous sums of money, but how much is it really relative to their total wealth?

It's nothing.

I want to end the post with this... Jesus tells several parables that relate to wealth and poverty.

There's one in particular I feel led to share.

'19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.'

Luke 16:19-31 (KJV - The Rich Man and Lazarus)

'Neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead'..
1f914.png

May God bless you and keep you, in Jesus name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is such a powerful word. It really speaks to me and maybe it will speak to someone else.

This homeless man is speaking prophetically in the Spirit and imparting some serious spiritual wisdom!

Last edited:
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's fascinating to me that God uses a system of numbers to put a 'stamp' of identification on different accounts recorded in the Holy Scriptures.

For example, when Joseph was interpreting a dream for the Cup-bearer and the Chief Baker (Genesis 40) both of them had the number 3 in their respective dreams.

In their dream, they both described an object that there were 3 of.

The Cup-bearer (lowly position) saw 3 branches and the Chief Baker (high position) saw 3 baskets.

3 signifies the power of God.

It's evident that the interpretation Joseph gave to them came from God because his interpretation really happened.

In 3 days the Cup-bearer was restored to his position of bearing Pharaoh's cup and the Chief Baker was hanged for the birds to eat his flesh.

Now there were also 2 dreams.

While the number 2 normally signifies multiplication, when the number's 2 and 3 are used together in tandem (or in the same Scriptural context), they seem to implicate an established and impending Judgement.

'One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.' Deuteronomy 19:15 (KJV)

God uses a similar number system in the dream Pharaoh had later on.

Pharaoh had 2 separate dreams yet the interpretation for both of the dreams was the same. (Genesis 41).

The 7 plump full ears of grain and the 7 fat sleek cows both represented 7 years of great abundance while the 7 thin ears of grain and the 7 lean ugly cows stood for 7 years of severe famine.

Once again, God's number system is used to 'stamp' a mark of identification since 2 dreams were given to Pharaoh.

Joseph specifically confirms this in the Scripture as well.

'32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.' (Genesis 41:32)

Anyway, I felt led to share this to encourage others to seek things that God hides in His Word (He does hide things - Jeremiah 33:3).

You can find a reference for God's system of numbers in the book of Revelations when it talks about calculating the number of the beast which is also the number of man (666).

'Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.' Revelation 13:18 (KJV).

I want to end with this.. the Cup-bearer and the Chief Baker in the Holy Scriptures are a type (copy) and shadow (Hebrews 8:5) which represent the 2 other men hanging on the cross with the Lord Jesus (Joseph)at His crucifixion.

1 was saved (the penitent thief on the cross) while the other rejected salvation and was lost (Luke 23:39-43).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Something that's always a burden on my soul (mind, will, and emotions) is how many times the Bible warns about believers being deceived.

'Be not deceived' - It's a short, simple command.

Yet I find myself forgetting these 3 words quite regularly.

Christians are warned not to be deceived because our very (human) nature lends itself to being deceived.

'9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?' Jeremiah 17:9 (KJV)

The Lord Jesus teaches on deception several times in the Gospels.

He goes into detail about consequences that can result from sin and being deceived.

He also teaches on hell and judgement.

The Apostle Paul writes the following in the New Testament to acknowledge how deceitful the human heart is:

'So the one who *thinks* he is standing firm should be careful not to fall.' 1 Corinthians 10:12 (BSB - says it better than KJV)

When I first read this verse it really convicted me.. it's saying when I feel confident and safe, that's when I ought to check myself.

And again in Thessalonians, it reveals this exact state of mind for those who will come under a sudden judgement.

'For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.' 1 Thessalonians 5:3 (KJV)

There's so much more I could go into here but I need to move on.

I want to share a spiritual encounter I once had because it shook me to the core.. ever since I have had a constant burden to warn believers not to be deceived.

It was when I was fasting that I had this encounter, I was caught up into the sky and looking down at the earth.

My body was still on the earth, but my spirit was in the clouds looking down on a planet that was completely flooded with water.

There were big black ravens cawing and circling around me over this deluge and lightning was crackling down.

I could feel the reverberations of thunder on my skin as well as the rain falling down around me.. even the wind as it blew so hard that the water was swirling around the whole planet.

There were cars, trees, houses, lampposts and all kinds of buildings destroyed that were in the water and the flood had swallowed them all up.

A big gilded trumpet came out of the sky and blew its horn (great big blasts like those blown when an army has won a great battle) and there were angels next to it as if to signal heaven winning a victory.

Then it was over and my spirit came back to my body.

I never asked for this encounter, it just happened and I know that I can't unsee it or ignore what I know God has given me to do.

I saw how it turned out for Jonah, you can't run from it and there's no hiding.

Even if you try, God will find you and stick you in the belly of a great fish for 3 days.

Unlike Jonah, I don't take pleasure in the thought that those who ignore the warning will be 'destroyed' (for that's what God had told the city of Nineveh).

Jonah was upset that Nineveh was spared (at the time) after he gave them God's warning and they repented.

This is not me..

Anyway, for those with an ear to hear please don't be deceived by something you were taught in Church.

Or something your favorite preacher has said.

Or anything.. only trust what God's word reveals to you.

Take some time to read the Bible for yourself!

The truth is, there were 5 wise virgins and 5 foolish virgins in the parable that Jesus told (Matthew 25:1-12).

5+5 = 10.

The number 10 signifies 'the law' (10 commandments). The number 5 signifies 'grace' (of God) (There were two sets of 5 commandments).

We know that the 10 virgins represent the entire Church here on earth because Jesus is the bridegroom and He's coming back for His Church Bride (Ephesians 5:25-27, )... Jesus is not coming back to collect those who have rejected the Gospel (they will be destroyed - 2 Thessalonians 1).

So if 5 foolish virgins had the door shut on them, were not let in, and the bridegroom (Jesus) said He did not know them.. ask yourself this question.

What happened to the half of the Church that was not let in (5 is half of 10)?
1f914.png

'13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;

14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.'

(Genesis 7:13-16)

'and the LORD shut him in.'

Half of the Church doesn't make it to Heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A good benchmark for testing an unorthodox teaching or doctrine (such as Annihilationism or Universal Reconciliation) is to test if any Scriptures poke holes into the theology.

If the Scripture pokes a lot of holes then maybe that teaching or doctrine should be rejected. Especially if it creates unanswered questions, strife, or confusion.

'33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.' 1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)

'16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.' James 3:16 (KJV)

Now the Lord Jesus says the following about 'wholeness' (for the number 1 signifies wholeness - i.e a single eye).

For example, the 'wholeness' of any given belief system.

'22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!' Matthew 6:22-23 (KJV)

The Lord Jesus is saying that the eye is a spiritual gate to the body. It's from the eye that we take in influence and this truth is evident in the Proverb.

'17 The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.' Proverbs 30:17 (KJV)

Here the eye is personified and attributed human characteristics because what is taken into the eye gates can influence decision making and subsequent action (as with any spiritual gate).

When the eye is full of darkness as a result of evil (Matthew 6:23) then it can no longer see because what is perceived to be light is actually darkness.

The Prophet Isaiah prophesied of a false belief system in the Old Testament, this false belief system was held by a people who believed in God with surety, yet what they believed was greatly in error.

'18 Woe to those who draw sin along with cords of deceit,
and wickedness as with cart ropes,

19 to those who say, “Let God hurry;
let him hasten his work
so we may see it.
The plan of the Holy One of Israel—
let it approach, let it come into view,
so we may know it.”

20 Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.' Isaiah 5:18-21 (KJV)

The Pharisees held a belief system like this and it's because they thought they could see, that they remained blind. The Lord Jesus says the following after they condemn His healing of a man, blind from birth, on the Sabbath day.

'39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?

41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.' John 9:39-41 (KJV).

Here the Lord Jesus is speaking to them the word of God yet the Pharisees cannot receive healing for their spiritual blindness (ironically) because they claim they can see.

The big lesson Jesus teaches in the the Gospel of John chapter 9 is that it's important to remain teachable for the sake of expanding the light within us as believers.

Not just for our own good but also to benefit the sharing of the Gospel and give light to the house of God (a house of prayer - Isaiah 56:1-8).

'14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.' Matthew 5:14-16 (KJV)

May God bless you and keep you, in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One passage of Romans that strikes me as profound is the concept that God has given men adequate proof of His existence through the beauty of His creation (Romans 1 - KJV).

The Scripture I'm looking at begans in verse 18 with the state of unbelief and the consequences that come as a result.

'18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;' (Romans 1:18)

Men, serving the lie that is unbelief, suppress and stifle the truth about God because the fallen nature knows only wickedness (prior to being born-again, we all have fallen short and there is none righteous, no, not one.. Romans 3:9-20).

The wrath of God is thereby revealed in the consequences of decisions made by men, who can only know and follow the sin nature. Just look at the senseless war that was started by Russia on the impulse of 1 bloodthirsty man (random I know, but a relevant and current contemporary example that comes to mind).

Scripture refers to people living in this sin nature as being children of disobedience/wrath (Ephesians 2:2-3).

'19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.' (Romans 1:19)

This verse describes man's instinctive knowledge of a 'greater power' or 'higher being' even if they don't recognize or acknowledge the existence of God Himself.

This proof that God shows them lies in their inner consciousness. It is manifest in their conscience and moral code. This witness (inner voice) will testify against them or excuse them for the moral decisions that they make (Romans 2:14-16).

'20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:' (Romans 1:20).

God has given all men tangible evidence of His existence by the things that He has created into being, even nature itself testifies of a Creator (Genesis 1) that spoke it into existence.

When looking at the beauty of the autumn leaves or the colors in the canvas of a sunrise or sunset in the sky, God's craftsmanship is manifest in all of these things.

'21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.' (Romans 1:21-23)

Despite man's instinctive knowledge of God, there exists a carnal reasoning to dismiss His existence and thereby refuse to glorify or give thanks to Him. This is because the carnal mind is naturally at enmity against God. It is not subject to the law of God and neither can it be (Romans 8:6-7)

This vanity (Romans 1:21) serves to continually darken (harden) their heart. In this state even though they postulate their reasoning as a kind of wisdom, it is merely foolishness. In this foolishness they exchange the glory of God for various idols.

Statues of gods like buddha, sacred animals, and even other gods with characteristics that resemble creeping things (think gods and creatures from Greek or Norse mythology like Arachne). All of these are pagan idols that serve as counterfeits for the truth.

Romans 1:24-32 concludes by summarizing other consequences that come with serving the lie.

God gives such people over to their sin and everything that come with it.

The Scripture speaks of being given over to a reprobate mind (an unprincipled mind that runs rampant with unbridled sinful indulgences).

The Scripture goes on into detail about all manner of what these indulgences are (including unnatural sexual perversion that goes against the laws of nature - what is instinctively 'right').

With a little research, even the scientific community could prove there are many drawbacks and health risks that come with living in sexual perversion.

The next point is, when those who don't believe in God ask for 'proof' of His existence, they've already been given the proof they desire. If it is insufficient it's only because they have chosen not to believe in God. It's a choice they've made and that is free will at work.

Furthermore, I believe that God can even empathize with man's desire for proof in order to believe in Him. The Lord Jesus Himself said as much while He was working signs, miracles, and wonders during His time here on earth.

He says this while addressing the unbelief of the Jews when they picked up stones to stone Him:

'37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.' John 10:37-38 (KJV)

He's saying 'hey, even if you don't believe what I'm telling you.. at least believe these signs, miracles, and wonders that I'm performing before your very eyes.'

He does this again on a 2nd occasion when comforting His disciples (specifically the one later known as 'doubting Thomas' and Philip).

'5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.' (John 14:5-12)

This concludes the message from Romans chapter 1 regarding God's wrath against sinful humanity and the unbelief of man while in the sin nature.

My hope is that this may edify the Church when it comes to understanding unbelief, how God's wrath may be implemented while here on earth, and the proof God has already given when it comes to accepting the 'metaphysical' (God's existence could be considered metaphysical because to an atheist or agnostic, it's only an abstract theory with no basis in reality).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sharing this video from Facebook (if you'd like to see more you can follow on Facebook).

This ministry shares live deliverance videos of people being freed from demonic oppression (demons) in the name of Jesus.

Just like miracles and healing are still for today (for the Lord Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever - Hebrews 13:8), deliverance and casting out devils in Jesus name is for today also (there are many Scriptures on this, and I have firsthand experience with deliverance myself).

These are real testimonies and always shared with permission.

There are other ministries that do these live.. it's one thing to read about this in the Bible (Mark 9:17-27, Acts of the Apostles 8:5-8) but seeing it in real life is another experience. My hope in sharing this is to edify the Church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Women in ministry.

Part of me is shocked to see so many reputable Pastors and other spiritual leaders advocating for women to be in positions of ecclesial leadership. The other part of me is encouraged.

I'm shocked because supporting the idea of women in spiritual leadership over the Church goes against most everything I've seen in the Bible regarding this topic.

I'm encouraged because there's such a strong desire to build women up.

This topic is ubiquitous and highly controversial.. so it seems necessary to speak on it.

First of all, I want to impress that while this could be considered a secondary topic of importance (i.e not as important as the message of repentance), it's far more important than what some would lead you to believe (specifically because it involves teaching which will be judged more strictly - James 3:1).

Now in the NT the Scripture clearly states the spiritual order of things.

'3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.' (1 Corinthians 11:3).

And in another Scripture, the Bible explains why this order exists in the way that it does.

'11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.' (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

Why are women not to teach or usurp (spiritual) authority over the man?

Because by nature, women are more easily deceived (1 Timothy 2:14, 1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

Now the order described here is before the fall. Women are not more easily deceived because of the fall and sin, they are more easily deceived because of the nature of how men and women are created (this is evident because even now, women are more sensitive to the spiritual things).

Although Christ has come and made it possible for man to be reconciled back to God through His atonement, the natural order since creation has not changed (Galatians 3:28 simply affirms that God provides every person the opportunity to receive His plan for salvation, other details notwithstanding - Acts of the Apostles 10:34-35).

There is also no need to understand the cultural background or the context of who the Apostle Paul is writing to in 1 Timothy 2:11-14 because this passage of Scripture directly explains itself line upon line.

Again, the Apostle Paul draws support for what is being laid down as Scripture from Genesis 3.

God had given Adam a command to not eat from the tree. Adam disobeyed God's command and instead of listening to God, Adam listened to the voice of his wife Eve.

'17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;' (Genesis 3:17)

Even though there is no Scriptural provision for women to be spiritual leaders in the Church, the Bible does say that women are encouraged to teach other women.

'3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.' (Titus 2:3-5)

The Bible also reveals there were women prophetesses in the early Church.

'8 And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.

9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.' (Acts of the Apostles 21:8-9).

Now I understand that 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 instructs women to be silent in the Church.

However the background and cultural context of this specific passage is relevant, otherwise what is written here would contradict Acts of the Apostles 21:8-9 and 1 Corinthians 11:5 which speak of women prophetesses (This is further corroborated by Revelations 2:20 which reveals a woman, Jezebel, who called herself a prophetess and was tolerated by the Church to deceive and seduce others into sexual immorality/idolatry by her teaching).

In 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 the Apostle Paul is laying down instruction for orderly worship in a Church setting because things were getting rowdy and disorderly among the audience he was addressing (the Church in Corinth, Paul served as a spiritual father over several Churches that were established during this time).

Moving onto the final points..

All 12 of Christ's apostles were men. The number 12 signifies 'government' and this is shown in the Scripture.

'28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.' (Matthew 19:28)

If women were to be spiritual leaders in the Church, then why were there no women Apostles among the original 12 discipled directly under the Lord Jesus Christ?

There is only 1 Scripture I know of that suggests the presence of a woman apostle in the early Church.

'7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my relatives who were in prison with me; they are prominent among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.' (Romans 16:7)

This is the only verse.

The gender of Junia is widely debated by Bible scholars with no conclusive evidence. There also isn't a clear indication of whether the translation means Junia was an apostle themself, or Junia was simply well known by the apostles.

Either way, 1 inconclusive verse is not enough to establish a claim that women can be spiritual leaders in the ecclesia (especially going by what we do know from the other texts regarding the ecclesial roles of women).

I do not think it unreasonable however to believe that wives can assist their husbands in ministerial duties (there were examples in Scripture of women working alongside their husbands while under their husbands spiritual covering (i.e Acts of the Apostles 18).

It's challenging to discuss this Biblically in a time and culture, where women in general, face so many varying social injustices. It's an emotionally charged and sensitive area.

I understand that the Bible is filled with women whom God used in a powerful way and I also understand that what specific circles, Churches, or movements are doing is their own responsibility and business.

I am not personally bothered in the slightest by women doing amazing things in ministry (being married a few years now has helped me see that women are powerful!) yet again I reiterate that I see no Scriptural provision to support a universal claim that women can or should be spiritual leaders in the Church.

I myself do not listen to women teachers, pastors, or prophetesses when it comes to doctrine or teaching but I can appreciate the fact that many women have a gift for spiritual wisdom and encouragement.

I do hope the Church becomes less dogmatic on women being silent altogether.. that's just extreme.

Hope this helps, may God bless you in Jesus name.

EDIT:

I want to clarify what I mean when I say 'By nature, women are more easily deceived'.

I primarily mean this in regard to Biblical doctrine (for the Word of God is spiritual), and women being more easily swayed/influenced by men who've already been deceived into some kind of spiritual error.

'6 They are the kind who work their way into people’s homes and win the confidence of vulnerable women who are burdened with the guilt of sin and controlled by various desires.

7 (Such women are forever following new teachings, but they are never able to understand the truth.)

8 These teachers oppose the truth just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses. They have depraved minds and a counterfeit faith.

9 But they won’t get away with this for long. Someday everyone will recognize what fools they are, just as with Jannes and Jambres.'

2 Timothy 3:6-9 (NLT - for sake of clarity).

I'm still saying that by nature, women are more easily deceived (because this is what the Bible says, I'm not changing what the Bible says just because I want people to think I'm 'nice') but hopefully this explanation further elucidates.

I am not being 'mean-spirited' when I make this claim about women.. you have my word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sanctification.

For this teaching on sanctification, I want to dip into Hebrews Chapter 12 beginning in verse 14.

This passage toward the end of Hebrews 12 is filled with great exhortations concerning different elements of the Gospel, but specifically the process of sanctification.

Hebrews 12:14-17 speaks on repentance, holy living, and safeguarding the inheritance found in Christ by serving God acceptably, with reverence and godly fear (Proverbs 1:7).

'14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:' (Hebrews 12:14)

Believer's should actively pursue peace with all men.

This is huge. 'All men' means everyone. Everywhere we walk we should bring peace. These shoes are part of the armor of God.

'15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace' (Ephesians 6:15)

Hebrews 12:14 also mentions holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

This is pretty straightforward, it means what it says.

Holy living could be seen as a prerequisite to go to heaven, and also to see the things of God (both assessments are very much Biblical).

'9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.' (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

One thing is certain, we can count on holy living being paramount to the believer's faith. This holiness is the result of a repentant heart, and progressive sanctification in the Lord Jesus Christ. The product of 'enduring till the end' (Matthew 24:13).

'13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.' (1 Peter 1:13-16)

Onto the next verse.
27a1.png
27a1.png
27a1.png

'15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; (Hebrews 12:15)

The Scripture says the believer should look diligently so as not to fail of (fall short of) the grace of God. Why?

Because this gives way for a root of bitterness to spring up and cause trouble. By this root of bitterness, many others may be defiled.

When I see 'fail of the grace of God' I remember Paul's thorn in the flesh (2 Corinthians 12:1-10).

The Apostle Paul was given a painful thorn in his flesh. He asked the Lord to take it from him 3 times, and the Lord said him 'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness' (2 Corinthians 12:9)

What would have happened if Paul had become embittered by this thorn in the flesh?

He certainly wouldn't have been able to complete what God had called him to do (which is why he allowed the thorn to strengthen him spiritually instead, rather than make him bitter - 2 Corinthians 12:10).

When a believer is overtaken by a root of bitterness (often caused by a hardship), that bitterness can defile others who're being ministered to. This is why believers must not let fail the grace of God. When faced with difficult times, a believer can become bitter, or better.

There is another account of bitterness in the Scripture which is found in Acts of the Apostles 8:9-23.

Simon the sorcerer was a man who believed the Gospel message that Philip was preaching (about the Kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ).

Simon was even baptized and continued to follow Philip, amazed by the miracles and signs being done. However, when Peter and John are sent to lay hands (and baptize new converts in the Holy Spirit), Simon's true intentions are revealed.

He offers the Apostles money in an attempt to buy the power of the Holy Spirit. Peter then perceives that Simon is in the gall of (poisoned by) bitterness and bond of iniquity (Acts of the Apostles 8:23).

Simon really only wanted the gift of the Holy Spirit for his own selfish gain.

When rebuked by the Apostle, instead of repenting, Simon only asks that Peter pray for him so that none of what Peter said would come upon him.

'18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.' (Acts of the Apostles 8:18-24)

I take this passage to mean that another kind of bitterness can result in (or from) simony.

The buying or selling of ecclesiastical privileges

Next verse.
27a1.png
27a1.png
27a1.png

'16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.' (Hebrews 12:16-17)

These 2 verses have to do with repentance. The Lord Jesus Christ proclaims the gospel of God with a call to repentance (Mark 1:14-15).

Repentance is a change of mind that leads to a change of action when it comes to the Gospel.

This means cleaning up our lives in response to the good news that Christ has fulfilled God's righteous requirement in regard to the law (~613 commandments). We are now free to live according to the Spirit, rather than our former way (Romans 8:2-6).

Now Esau is given as an example here (Hebrews 12:16-17) because Esau sold his birthright to Jacob for a single meal (since he was very hungry at the time, he eagerly gave it away).

In doing this, Esau despised his birthright (his inheritance).

34 And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.' (Genesis 25:34)

Later on, Esau realized what he had done and couldn't take his birthright back since Isaac had already given his blessing to Jacob (Genesis 25:29-34, Genesis 27:1-45). Therefore, Esau found no place for repentance.

In the same way, the Scripture compares believers who live in a state of perpetual unrepentance, as despising the inheritance they received in Christ (by satisfying the hungers and lusts of the flesh).

This concludes the message from Hebrews 12:14-17..
1f6d1.png
1f6d1.png
1f6d1.png

Now before I'm accused of preaching a 'works based' Gospel, I want to submit James 2:14-26 which emphasizes the importance of good works.

Good works serve to perfect the believer's faith.

'22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?' (James 2:22).

The Bible also states that even the demons 'believe' in one God (and tremble).

'19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.' (James 2:19)

If faith simply means to believe in 'a Christ' then what kind of state is such a faith in?

'For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.' Matthew 24:24

'24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.' (James 2:24-26)

I will end with this.

The Bible says that faith, without works supplementing it, is dead faith (i.e an ineffectual/ineffective faith). That's all for this message..

May God bless you and keep you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: More food for thought.

The imputation of Christ's righteousness is an interesting subject.

Of course through faith in Christ, He has become unto us the righteousness of God (Romans 3:22).

However if this righteousness is automatically imputed (Romans 3:22, Ephesians 2:8-10) why does Revelations speak of varying degrees of moral virtue?

'11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.' (Revelations 22:11-12).

And again, in the book of Jude we see a superlative of faith.

'20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,' (Jude 1:20).

'most holy'.

What is a 'most holy' faith?

Are the verses regarding imputed righteousness contradicting these other verses?

Certainly not, something is being omitted when it comes to justification and it's the believer's duty to seek out what that something is.

'Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.' (2 Timothy 2:15)

'14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.' (2 Peter 3:14-18)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prophetic word

There's a thought that's been in the back of my mind for a few weeks now.

Only today it keeps coming to my mind.. I'm meant to share it.

Where are the teacher's in the Body of Christ?

We have Pastor's who teach (at least in the U.S, this is the custom for the American Church).

We have (self-proclaimed) Apostle's and Prophet's who teach.

We have Evangelist's who teach.

We have all manner of 'other' who teach.

These don't account for other media outlets such as You-tube, Periscope, Twitter, or other Christian websites.. is the Church aware that not many should become teachers?

'Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.' (James 3:1, NLT).

This is a sobering warning for those who would desire to teach other believers.

There's a stricter judgement tied to the position, yet we have so many other offices operating in this lane..

The (global) Church is in real trouble regarding this area.

Where are the teachers of sound biblical doctrine?

Has anyone seen them?

Where are they hiding?

Who's after them?

It reminds me of when Obadiah hid in a cave from the wrath of Jezebel (1 Kings 18:4).

'32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.' (Hebrews 11:32-38)

The Scripture is filled with names of those who paid a steep price to answer their call through faith.

But why are we confined to hiding in houses for private Bible study?

To avoid violating the values or statement of faith at the local Church?

The Church desperately needs (real, anointed) teacher's who can help new believer's form a solid and healthy understanding of Biblical doctrine.

Yes anyone 'can' teach, but not everyone is a teacher.

Let me identify some popular cliché sayings that have thrown the Church into chaos and confusion (no I did not single anyone out but if the shoe fits kick it off).

'Don't put God in a box'

'The Holy Spirit is the (my) teacher'

'Don't be a Pharisee'

'Teacher's of the Bible are always 'religious' or have the 'spirit of religion'

'That's (when referring to doctrine) legalism (or works-based)'.

The list goes on.. and it's always some kind of phrase that bases itself on the 'mystery' of God.

If it's of God, why does it leave unanswered questions and confusion in its wake?

Hey, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

As a new believer just seeking God, I would have given anything to have someone who could just show me the right way to go when I was starting out.

Not just anyone but someone who really had a deep understanding of God's purpose and plan for the Church.

The kind of understanding that only comes from experiential knowledge.

Having this kind of spiritual guidance would have saved me years of pain and confusion..

Don't get me wrong, there is genuine legalism and 'works-based' teaching and doctrine out there.

But there ARE real teacher's in the Body of Christ.

I know with social media there's little to no accountability but let it be known that a large part of the Church has little tolerance for teachers (for whatever reason).

If you think teacher's are the enemy and threat to your ministry..

God sent me here to give you this word.

It's you who's out of order (1 Corinthians 12:12-27).

God has placed teacher's in the Body of Christ.

Lastly, I want to share something interesting the Lord Jesus said..

'40 Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher.' (Luke 6:40 - NLT)

This means that whatever teaching a believer follows.. it will result in them becoming like the teacher teaching it (if they follow them long enough).

See what the Apostle Paul says here..

'And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.' (1 Corinthians 11:1)

My question is this.

The person(s) you follow..

Are you ok with them imparting (sowing) their characteristics, mindset, and even their mannerisms into you?

That's what you're signing up for when you receive what's being given during discipleship.

Does that person look more like Jesus than you? How do you know?

Be careful what you learn..

For the record, I don't consider myself a teacher (more of a prophetic voice) but every believer has access to the Word of God..

I want to end with this exhortation given by the Apostle Paul.

'3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.' (Romans 12:3-8)

May God open our eyes to see with clarity..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since I've been away (from here) for the past ~2-3 years I want to make an introduction post.

It behooves me to identify myself, and my purpose for posting here.

If you asked me to describe my role in the Body of Christ, I am what you could consider a Prophet (as an office).

This just means that God has anointed me to function heavily in the prophetic (beyond what is typically found among believers, every believer can prophesy).

'9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.'

(Hebrews 1:9)

Now someone will say 'Prophet's don't exist anymore, we have the Word of God'

(Hebrews 1:1-2, 1 Corinthians 13:8).

This is a half-truth.

It's true that we no longer have Prophets serving in the same capacity as those found in the Old Testament.

The OT Prophets served to help form a foundation of scripture as they were moved by the Holy Spirit

(Ephesians 2:20).

'20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.'

(2 Peter 1:20-21)

Even though we no longer have these kind of (OT) Prophets, we still have New Testament Prophets for today (through what is more commonly known as 'the 5-fold ministry').

Today's (NT) Prophets help build up the Church through the grace that is given to them, according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

'7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all
things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.'

(Ephesians 4:7-16)

Today's Prophets serve in a variety of different ways as they don't all get anointed for the same prophetic stream.

Some prophesy regarding future events, some prophesy encouragement, some prophesy specific words, some prophesy warnings/a call to repentance etc. (1 Corinthians 14:3)

'9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.'

(1 Corinthians 13:9)

'21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord'

(1 Corinthians 14:21)

Now even though Prophets can prophesy in different ways, what is prophesied typically serves as a sign for believers.

'22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.'

(1 Corinthians 14:22)

Prophecy is not intended for them that believe not.

Why?

Because the natural (unregenerate) man cannot discern the things of the Spirit of God.

Prophecy, being a thing of the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 12:4-11), is spiritually discerned and appreciated.

'13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.'

(1 Corinthians 2:13-16)

So Prophecy is meant for believer's (although sometimes prophecy can't be discerned by the unlearned, and speaking prophetically in a group can cause the secrets of a person's heart to be made manifest, being convinced/judged of all - 1 Corinthians 14:23-25).

Now in conclusion, I want to mention 3 things.

1. This post is not intended to be a comprehensive teaching. A comprehensive teaching could fill a book (and then some).

2. While I intended to stick with just a brief introduction, I'm forced to lengthily defend my claims (especially to the American Church) because of the scoffing and mocking spirit found in some areas of Christendom (especially when it comes to the gifts/power of the Holy Spirit).

This scoffing and mocking was prophesied to come in the last days.

'knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts'

(2 Peter 3:3)

Some scoffers will even have a form of godliness.. while denying the power thereof (2 Timothy 3:5).

3. Someone will wonder 'what do I get for receiving a prophetic word, what good does it do me?'

The Lord Jesus mentions 'a prophet's reward'..

'41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.'

(Matthew 10:41)

This means that whoever receives a Prophet in the name of a Prophet will get the benefit/blessing that comes with the word.

An example,

There was a certain widow in Zarephath that received Elijah as a Prophet of the Lord.

Because she received him as a Prophet, her family did not die of hunger.

When her son later died of sickness, he was raised back to life according to the word of the Lord.

(1 Kings 17:8-24)

Let it be known that the Bible also warns many times of 'false prophets'

(1 John 4:1-6, Matthew 7:15).

Whoever receives what they have to offer.. well they will reap what has been sown and you will know them by their fruits (Matthew 7:16-20).

'7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.'

(Galatians 6:7-8)

That's all for now, may God bless you and keep you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

TLDR (too long didn't read).. the prophetic is about speaking to someone's life circumstance or situation (can overlap with word of wisdom/knowledge). It's also a really powerful tool when evangelizing because it shines most when uninterrupted/spontaneous. While prophesying, the Logos (spoken Word of God) is being translated to Rhema (living Word - utterance) through the power of the Holy Spirit. This is why when someone is prophesying, it hits on a spiritual level. We can feel it (just can't always put it into words). The Bible says that the Word of God is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12) but how can words on a page become living without someone to give them life? 'But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life' (John 4:14). Now I know I unpacked a lot (which wasn't initially the plan, I felt led to keep flowing) but for anyone who reads later and thinks I care about titles.. I don't. However the title/office gives definition and quells confusion (I do care about quelling confusion). I have faith that what is shared here can really be a help to others in this regard.

The following was edited in later. Some questions I received (on another site where I serve to edify the Body) wanted more support for 'NT Prophets'

2 examples of New Testament Prophets functioning in the early Church (post-Pentecost) can be found below.

'10 And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.

11 And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

12 And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.'

Acts of the Apostles 21:10-12

'27 And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.

28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.

29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:

30 Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.'

Acts of the Apostles 11:27-30

It's important to note these 2 witnesses of scripture because the law states having at least 2 witnesses is necessary to establish a claim as true (John 8:17).

Finally..

Prophets are allowed to judge (as an exception).

God prepares a prophet for this.. it's called 'the wilderness', where we are fed strange (spiritual) food.

Locusts and wild honey (see John the Baptist - Matthew 3:1-12).

None of us ask for this excruciatingly painful crushing.. but it's not up to us.

God chooses the prophet.

No prophet ever asked (asks) to be a prophet.

'And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.'

(
Numbers 12:6)

'Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.'

(
Jeremiah 1:5)

The identifying mark of a Prophet is to speak the truth, cry out a call to repentance, and most importantly.. point to the Lord Jesus Christ.

As, expected I was questioned heavily on this post in particular by Pastor's and other seasoned leaders (again, I share these elsewhere).

I understand that many circles and Churches do not believe that prophets exist for today, so I can and will cordially address any questions submitted in the Peanut Gallery.

My goal with this post is not to be contentious.

I wouldn't want someone to believe in something if it violates their conscience or conviction in the Lord..

However, some things are not accepted (only) because we cannot bear to hear them yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I read the book of Malachi today I felt the Lord speaking to me..

'Where is the fear of the Lord?'

In Malachi, the Lord speaks (through the Prophet Malachi) of His love toward Israel.

(Malachi 1:1-5)

However, the Lord then speaks of His displeasure and indignation toward Israel because of unworthy sacrifices they were presenting to Him on the altar.

'6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?;

(Malachi 1:6)

Israel's sin in this is so offensive that the Lord begins speaking well of the other nations (gentiles/heathen) because at least they fear and honor Him in their sacrifice.

(Malachi 1:7-14).

The truth is, there are some believers who don't fear God as they should.

Yet there are unbelievers and 'religious' Church-goers who fear God in this way, even if they don't necessarily have a close covenant relationship with Him.

There is only one way that a man can be empowered to do what God requires of him.

That man must fear God.

To take the things of God in sobriety, it requires much more than just 'feelings' to propel the believer to action.

If warm feelings were all that were available to the heroes of faith we read of in the Bible, none of them could have fulfilled their calling.

It was the fear of the Lord that rested upon the Lord Jesus Christ when He fulfilled His ministry on earth.

'1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.'

(Isaiah 11:1-5)

It's the fear of the Lord that called the Apostles in the early Church to action.

'13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

14 And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it.'

(Acts of the Apostles 4:13-14)

What some call 'Holy Spirit boldness', this is empowered by the fear of the Lord.

Real intimacy through Christ includes fear and trembling (going by NT Scripture).

'12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.'

(Philippians 2:12-13)

Now what's caused a dwindling of the fear of the Lord is an overabundance of 'Identity' teachings (much of this is backlash from church hurt and legalistic upbringing.. only it's now swung to an extreme in the opposite direction).

These teachings (among other influences) have (inadvertently) propagated an overly casual perspective (or paradigm) of the believer's relationship to God (in Christ).

It's progressed to such a degree that it's almost frightening, the things that come out of some mouths..

It shows that they have no fear of God.

'10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;'

(2 Peter 2:10-12)

Does the Church today know that there were people in the early Church (NT) who died when they lied to the Holy Spirit (Ananias and Sapphira)?

'1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.'

(Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11)

The power of God demonstrated here in the early Church sends a clear message.

Does this message match up with the Church's contemporary perspective of God's nature?

There's also a warning from the Apostle Peter (regarding Christ's Lordship).

'For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.'

(2 Peter 2:20)

This says that there will be some who come to know Christ but later they will fall back into their old ways and never get back up.

These apostates the scripture speaks of.. they are in a worse condition the 2nd time because it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance (Hebrews 6:4-8).

Now look at the wording given in 2 Peter 2:20.

'Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ'.

The 1st title affixed to the name 'Jesus Christ' is 'Lord'.

The 2nd title affixed is 'Saviour' (Savior).

Going by the law of first mention, 'Lord' appears 1st so the Lordship of Jesus Christ could be seen as the more important of the two, concerning the believer's relationship with God.

It's highly probable that the apostates spoken of in the scripture here didn't recognize the Lordship of Christ.

In any case, I hope that the Church becomes more accepting of the 'fear of the Lord' because it's an essential characteristic of being 'Christ-like'.

Let us seek the grace to honor God in a holy manner..

'18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.'

(Hebrews 12:18-29)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On believers and drinking..

A lot of believers wonder if drinking wine or strong drink is a sin or not.. with no conclusive answer.

The truth is, most of the time wine/strong drink are mentioned in the Bible.. they precede foolish decision-making and the consequences that come from being drunk.

When Noah drank wine from his vineyard he became drunk, and lay naked inside his tent.. to his own shame (His youngest son, Ham, ran to tell his brothers about their father's shame).

(Genesis 9:18-27)

Right before King Belshazzar was humbled by God (the writing on the wall), he and his subjects were found feasting and carousing with much wine..

That same night Belshazzar lost his life and his kingdom was given to Darius the Mede.

(Daniel 5)

When the Lord delivered a victory to King Ahab over Ben-hadad's great army, Ben-hadad and 32 allied kings were found in their tents.. getting drunk.

(1 Kings 20:13-21)

So what do we know?

'Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.'

(Proverbs 20:1)

'4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink'

(Proverbs 31:4)

We know that drinking *can* lead to reckless indiscretion.

We also know that drunkenness is definitely a sin.

(Ephesians 5:18, 1 Peter 4:3, 1 Timothy 3:3, Titus 2:3).

But why is drunkenness a sin?

Because drunkenness obstructs us from following the command in scripture to be sober(-minded), and it hurts our witness in Christ.

(1 Thessalonians 5:6, 1 Thessalonians 5:8, 1 Peter 4:7, Titus 2:2, Titus 2:4-5, Titus 2:6)

The truth is, drunkenness in the Old Testament is a foreshadowing of being in a spiritual stupor/slumber.

God's Word says this is what ensnares part of Israel and keeps them from perceiving the truth about Christ.

'8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, unto this day.'

(Romans 11:8)

A spiritual stupor/slumber is also when believers can't see or hear clearly because they've been deceived.

When believers aren't sober.. that's when the devil takes them to be ensnared in his trap.

'8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour'

(1 Peter 5:8).

You know how when people drink a lot they get real sleepy?

Well, when they fall asleep they tend to sleep in very late.

But look at what the Lord Jesus says about being ready.. He says to keep watch because He will come like a thief in the night.

'42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.'

(Matthew 24:42-44)

But how can you be ready if you're sleeping?

You can't.

Now to the drinking in moderation.. I'm sure Noah didn't *intend* on getting drunk from his vineyard, it just happened.

How do I know this?

Because when Noah was sober again.. he cursed the descendants of Canaan (Ham's bloodline) for what Ham (Noah's youngest son) had done to him while he was drunk.

(Genesis 9:24-25).

So drinking puts us into a position of risk.. it serves as a gateway to sin.

Still, (as far as I know) the Bible doesn't clearly condemn drinking in moderation.

So follow your conviction.. the main thing is to avoid drunkenness.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

The last thing I will speak on here is the Lord Jesus's miracle of turning water into wine..

(John 2:1-11)

And the Pharisees/Lawyer's accusing Him of being a glutton and a drunkard.

(Luke 7:30-35)

The wine mentioned here serves as prophetic symbolism.

It's meant to symbolize the new wine of the new covenant. The joy we have in the Holy Spirit.

(Acts of the Apostles 2, Ephesians 5:17-20)

So this is the message on believers and drinking. Hope it helps.

Grace and peace..

Side note/relevant testimony:

I recently had a God encounter. A woman delivering my food was engaging in small talk and I felt a nudge from the Holy Spirit to minister to her but I was waiting for a way to work it into the conversation naturally.

She suddenly asked me if I drank alcohol.. I told her I didn't.

I told her the Lord Jesus cleaned me up from many things and alcohol was one of them.. she said she could tell.

She took a few steps toward her car (to leave) and burst into tears.. she confessed to me that she just lost her husband to alcohol (as I recall) and they were married 13 years (I ended up getting her name and praying for her - Jesus is amazing).

Now the number 13 in the Bible.. it's the number that signifies rebellion.. '4 Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and in the thirteenth year they rebelled.'

(Genesis 14:4).

That's a sign I got from God because I asked in prayer for a sign (regarding something private) and He answered me.. we really do need to seek the Lord while He may be found.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On Water baptism..

Disclaimer: I am simply submitting what the Word of God says about water baptism (as it is written).. nothing more.

Water baptism is being presented here as a sign of obedience (per this forums statement of purpose).

According to scripture, water baptism is full immersion.

This means the entire body of the one being baptized goes under water.

'9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'

(Mark 1:9-11)

'35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.'

(Acts of the Apostles 8:35-39)

'22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.'

(John 3:22-23, John 4:1-3)

So water baptism is also referred to as 'John's Baptism' or 'the baptism of John' in scripture because it was to prepare the way of the Lord (Jesus)

'2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;'

(Luke 3:2-3, Acts of the Apostles 1:1-5)

Going by the following scripture, genuine repentance is characterized by 'fruits worthy of repentance' (since it's possible to be baptized without sincerely repenting in one's heart - see Simon the Sorcerer, Acts of the Apostles 8:9-24).

We see John the Baptist proclaiming baptism as a 2 step process. Repentance
27a1.png
27a1.png
27a1.png
Water baptism.

'7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

10 And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?

11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

12 Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?

13 And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.

14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.'

(Luke 3:7-14)

'1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:'

(Matthew 3:1-8)

So going by what is written, after one repents of their sins (unbelief) they are then water baptized for the remission of sins (in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ).

'37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.'

(Acts of the Apostles 2:37-39)

Now here, even though the Apostle Peter is addressing a Jewish audience, he extends his address in verse 39 - 'even as many as the Lord our God shall call' (which we now know includes Gentiles).

Later Peter has a vision from the Lord, he's sent to preach Christ's gospel to the house of Cornelius (a gentile). Afterward, the Holy Spirit fell on all of them which heard the word.

'44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.'

(Acts of the Apostles 10:44-48)

This account is noteworthy because here, the gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit (and tongues) first.

They are water baptized in the name of the Lord (Jesus) 2nd.

So it appears fully possible to get baptized in the Holy Spirit first, then to be water baptized afterward (this happened to me).

The Apostle Paul also water baptized new converts (and was himself baptized in the name of Jesus Christ).

(Acts of the Apostles 19:1-6, Acts of the Apostles 9:10-18, Acts of the Apostles 22:12-16, Acts of the Apostles 16)

To conclude, water baptism doesn't appear merely symbolic (i.e just a Jewish ritual of ceremonial washing).

The Apostle Peter gives additional insight into the significance of baptism.

'20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:'

(1 Peter 3:20-21)

Upon repentance (turning away from sin and believing in the Lord Jesus Christ), water baptism is the answer of a good conscience toward God.

We are baptized into Christ (into His death), and raised up with Christ (by His resurrection) to walk in newness of life.

Here, the Apostle Paul describes what it means for believers to partake in the death and resurrection of Christ.

'1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.'

(Romans 6:1-12)

So, the Word of God indicates that water baptism is a significant sign of obedience for the new believer (whether jew or gentile).

Now instead of focusing on whether or not water baptism is inherently salvific (avoid foolish controversy - Titus 3:9), we should focus on what we do know.

We do know that the Lord Jesus speaks of belief, being baptized, and being born-again (of water and of the Spirit).

(Mark 16:16, Matthew 28:19-20, John 3:1-5).

Let everyone interpret that as they will.

This wraps up the message on water baptism.

Side note:

It's worth noting that the doctrine of baptism(s) is regarded as a basic foundational principle (fundamental truth) in the doctrine of Christ (according to Hebrews 6:1-3).

As far as typology goes, you should know that leprosy in the Old Testament represents sin (or the sin nature).

Naman the Syrian was a high ranking official to the king of Syria.. but he was a leper.

The prophet Elisha told Naaman that he would be healed of his leprosy if he washed himself in the Jordan river 7 times.

Upon doing what the prophet had told him (repenting), Naaman was fully cleansed of his leprosy.

You can see how this Old Testament account (2 Kings 5) speaks to water baptism because the number 7 in the Bible signifies perfection (Genesis 2:1-3).

It's fitting because Christ was perfect (without sin) and we are baptized into Him through water baptism.

Pretty neat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've listened to a response by Kathryn Krick addressing 'Exposed' videos made about her.

I have to speak on this because this example speaks to a greater issue in the Church regarding lack of accountability on things seen through the media (and the general lack of discernment/judgement in the Church).

Judging by the things coming out of her mouth (Luke 6:45).. here are my thoughts (as a prophet) regarding her You-tube (and ministry in general).

1. She's not an apostle, prophet, or pastor (although she appears to be genuinely passionate about the Lord).

2. She is unseasoned and untested.

Even if someone were to believe that women can be apostles or pastors, she fails a basic qualification listed in scripture for men who would desire to hold a position of Church leadership.

'6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

(1 Timothy 3:6)

3. She speaks from a place of bitterness (Hebrews 12:15).

Her words don't align with the character of Christ regarding the Church, and the commandments of God.

There's very little supported by God's Word.. much of what is said on her video refers to her own personal experience and opinions.

Suffice it to say, I don't recommend following this woman because she is currently preaching and teaching in rebellion.. I am afraid through her many will be deceived.

She speaks of the miraculous as something to chase after, or something that gives credibility or authenticates God's favor in and of itself.

Look at what the Lord Jesus says in His warning..

There will be a crowd of those in the final day who will have put their faith entirely upon supernatural works done through them, as a means to get into heaven.

'21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.'

(Matthew 7:21-23).

The truth is, the gifts and calling of God are without repentance (irrevocable).

(Romans 11:29).

This means that God is not taking His gifts (or calling) back. He won't change His mind about them.

So it's entirely possible for someone to walk in the miraculous and perform signs and wonders, even if they aren't necessarily in a right relationship with God.

I know this because this is the reason given by the Lord Jesus for why He 'never knew' this specific group of people..

'And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:
1f449.png
depart from me, ye that work iniquity
1f448.png
.'

These people the Lord Jesus speaks of don't seem to care about God's imperative in Christ, to repent and depart from iniquity..

'Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.'

(2 Timothy 2:19)

We see this same warning in 2 Thessalonians (regarding 'the man of lawlessness').

'9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,'

(2 Thessalonians 2:9)

In Hebrews we see for a third time, this same group of people.

They have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, experienced the powers of the world to come, yet fall away and in the end become unfruitful.. raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame.

'4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.'

(Hebrews 6:4-8)

The Word of God also warns of false apostles in the New Testament.

The apostle Paul himself dealt with these false apostle's during his ministry.

'12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.'

(2 Corinthians 11:12-15)

The Lord Jesus sends a message to (the Church of) Ephesus (Rev. 2) commending them for their faithfulness to the truth (regarding evil).

The believers at this Church had 'tryed' those who said they were apostle's and found them to be liars..

'2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.'

(Revelation 2:2-3)

So, there is such a thing as false apostles (just like there's false teachers and prophets)..

There's also plenty of Biblical precedent to expose deceivers and those who sin against the body of Christ.

It's time for the Church to grow up and stop hiding behind Matthew 7:1 ('Judge not lest ye be judged').

That teaching on judging is specifically talking about hypocritical judgement.

'24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.'

(John 7:24)

The following is something Christ taught to His disciples (later Paul pulls from this to give instruction regarding discipline in the Church).

'15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.'

(Matthew 18:15-17)

To reiterate, do not follow Kathryn Krick..

She's clearly not qualified to be in a position of authority within the Church (She's a novice blindly operating in youthful zeal, and under a highly questionable covering).

She's puffed up into spiritual conceitedness (again she talks a lot about spiritual experience and very little, if any, about the Gospel).

She claims to be an apostle (and pastor), being a woman.. this isn't Biblical.

In another post, it was explained that women are more easily deceived when it comes to spiritual things (and matters of doctrine).

I hope this opens our eyes to see that 'good fruit' isn't always what it looks like.

Grace and peace..

Edit:

The Lord Jesus teaches something interesting about the casting out of devil's from a person.. and that person not being baptized with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

The person in this instance remains an empty habitation to house every foul spirit and cage every unclean and hateful bird (Revelation 18:2).

'43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.'

(Matthew 12:43-45).

This goes to show that it's important for those who have 'been made partakers of the Holy Spirit' (experienced the power of God) to repent of their sin and be baptized.

Otherwise, they can remain in bondage and it's only a matter of time before what was cast out moves back in.. with the last state being worse than the first.

Again, something about a house being cleaned up, put in order.. and left empty.

'24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.

26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.'

(Luke 11:24-26)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The following is my strong conviction.

I've said it for years.. nothing since has changed my mind.

The Passion Translation (TPT) Bible is one of many ways to the wide gate and broad road.. TPT is based off of 1 man's unique (subjective) spiritual experience.

I get that many like the euphonious style of writing (mainly women - Genesis 3:6) but TPT should not ever be considered an authoritative source for serious Bible study.

TPT completely re-writes much of Scripture to say something entirely different from your average 'word for word' literal translation.

It's no wonder so many (believers) hold distorted beliefs about what God's Word says.

When the spiritual source for the believer has been altered, you get altered believers.

'1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.'

(2 Peter 2:1-2)

1. Privily - sharing in the knowledge of (something secret or private).

2. Pernicious - having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Repentance.

Also known as metanoia - the change in a person's life upon spiritual conversion.

I'm going to dive deeper into this topic by addressing 1 question (about repentance) with spiritual truths from God's Word.

These spiritual truths are going to expose some false (yet confident) assertions that make their rounds on the internet.

Question: Is repentance a 1 time event upon conversion?

Answer: Yes.. and no.

There is an initial repentance upon conversion.. it follows a person's profession of faith.

The new believer believes in their heart, confesses their sin (and need for a savior in Jesus Christ), and is baptized (in water and the Holy Spirit).

This typically occurs when God grants a person repentance.. it's the Holy Spirit's working on a person's heart.

We can see this in the book of Acts.

'37 Now when they heard this, they were
1f449.png
pricked in their heart
1f448.png
, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'

(Acts of the Apostles 2:37-38)

These people were convicted of their sin ('pricked in their heart') and as a result, their heart was open to receiving the grace of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

How do I know the Holy Spirit convicted them of their sin?

Because the Lord Jesus Himself said this is what the Holy Spirit would do upon coming (Acts 2 - Pentecost).

'7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come,
1f449.png
he will reprove the world of sin
1f448.png
, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

1f449.png
Of sin, because they believe not on me
1f448.png

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.'

(John 16:7-11)

So, repentance *is* a 1 time event upon conversion, however repentance is also an ongoing process.

Why?

Very simple.

We all stumble in many ways (James 3:2, 1 John 1:5-10).

Whether intentional or unintentional (in ignorance), we fall short in one way or another (even if a believer considers themself to be *perfect* going by the standard of their knowledge of 'sin' - James 4:17).

Why?

Because we are stuck in 'the flesh' (this temporal body).

The flesh is weak and has limitations (Romans 7:13-25).

We are stuck in these temporal bodies until we receive our glorified bodies (1 Corinthians 15:35-58).

Despite the inherent limitations of our temporal (earthly) bodies, scripture exhorts those who are (spiritually) mature to press onward to perfection (Philippians 3:12-21).

The ongoing process of sanctification and spiritual growth is also considered repentance.

Why is this process considered repentance?

Because you get deceived along the way.

'16 For a just (righteous) man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.'

(Proverbs 24:16)

When the believer stumbles into sin or 'messes up'.. it's part of the walk of faith.

How would you know the right way to go if you never messed up?

How would you know foolishness if you've never been foolish?

'For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.'

(Ecclesiastes 1:18)

'And He said to man, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding'

(Job 28:28)

It's the trying times (and seasons).. where God's mercy holds the believer afloat (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8).

Yet when we come out of these valleys of the shadow of death, we find times of refreshing come from the Lord (Acts of the Apostles 3:19-20).

It's not uncommon for the believer to encounter godly sorrow during these times.

It's Biblical for the believer to weep over their sins or mistakes that were previously made, while in prayer with God.

The Lord Jesus tells a wonderful Parable about this process.. it's well known.

The Parable of the Prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32).

The Apostle Paul elucidates on the restorative power of godly sorrow..

'10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.'

(2 Corinthians 7:10-11)

So this godly sorrow is not to be repented (regretted) of..

It's sad to see words like 'condemnation', 'guilt', 'doubt', 'unbelief' paint Biblical conviction (from the Holy Spirit) and godly sorrow in a bad light.

Biblical ignorance is why some believers have come to false conclusions about what is 'from God' and what is 'from the devil'.. if the blind lead the blind, they both fall into a ditch.

Calling good evil, and evil good.. (Isaiah 5:20).

In any case, believer's ought to study and show themselves approved unto God..

This way they can be unashamed workmen who rightly divide the word of truth.

Now, to conclude this deeper message on repentance.. a beautiful excerpt from the book of Psalms.

'9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.'

(Psalms 51:9-13).

May God bless you and keep you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On Christian women, modest dressing, and the eyes of a man..

What is God's will for women professing godliness?

The truth, God desires for women who profess godliness (in Christ) to dress in modest apparel. (1 Timothy 2:9-15).

It should be the older Christian women who teach on this (Titus 2:4-6) however, many of them have been deceived regarding modest dressing also.

Let's start off with a basic spiritual truth found in Proverbs.

'And, behold, there met him a woman with
1f449.png
the attire of an harlot
1f448.png
, and
1f449.png
subtil of heart
1f448.png
.'

(Proverbs 7:10)

So, the proverb states that a woman's attire is a true reflection of the state of her heart.

Harlot - a woman who has many casual sexual encounters or relationships.

Subtil - making use of clever and indirect methods to achieve something. Crafty. Cunning.

When women say 'God knows my heart' to defend their immodest dressing.. this is true.

God does know their heart, as well as everyone who looks upon them..

You often see the rebuttal 'women dress for themselves' but this is a lie.

Why is this a lie? Because the Word of God reveals it to be a lie.

Let God's word be true.. and every man a liar. (Romans 3:4)

A scantily clad woman, in their heart, likes the attention.. and they will get all the attention they desire because the
1f449.png
eyes
1f448.png
of a man are never satisfied.

'Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.'

(Proverbs 27:20)

'As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion'

(Proverbs 11:22)

It is written in scripture that the fate of unprincipled women is to attract wicked and godless men..

'2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.'

(2 Timothy 3:2-7).

But the godly man will never be ensnared with this kind of woman.. only the wicked.

'And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.'

(Ecclesiastes 7:26)

Now the real value of a Christian woman lies in her inner person (heart/spirit)..

'1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.'

(1 Peter 3:1-6)

So, modest dressing is not 'legalism'.. it's Christ-like.

Also, I don't know what the deal is with yoga pants in the Church but.. they are certainly not modest apparel.

If Christian women want to wear them 'for comfort'.. wear a long shirt that covers the back.

If that's a problem, then you're certainly not wearing them 'for comfort'.. and you know it.

The Lord Jesus says woe to those who cause other believers to stumble into sin.. take heed (Matthew 18:6-7).

No matter how spiritual men are, the eyes are part of the limitations of this flesh.

So, if you're a Christian man and catch your eyes wandering.. cut off the source of temptation (i.e 'gouge out' your eyes - Matthew 5:29).

It's better than keeping those wandering eyes that lead one down the road to hell.. this is what Christ said to emphasize the importance of fleeing temptation.

The Word says 'flee'.. like run away for your life.

'18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.'

(1 Corinthians 6:18)

My advice for the single Christian man struggling with this.. get married asap.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and receives favor from the Lord.

To conclude, there's much more that could be said on modest dressing..

I really just wanted to tear down everyday carnal reasoning and strongholds that defend the whole 'Christian women can dress however they want'.

Whoever says this is not speaking for God..

They are speaking on the devil's behalf who is the father of lies (John 8:44).

Christian women are instructed to dress modestly, they will still be beautiful in God's eyes (and to the godly man).

And of course the world will still be the world, doing whatever they please, lost, and in need of a savior..

May God bless you and keep you in the Lord Jesus Christ.. (Shabbat shalom).

EDIT:

Something much more effective than going after someone in error, is to deconstruct their teaching and beliefs that are in error.

Every believer is able to do this.. and should amen?

'3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ'

(2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

A prayer life and tongues to edify oneself spiritually goes a long way.. speaking of which I believe next week will be a message on tongues (Lord willing).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.