Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is not and never will be legitimate science.
And yet you share videos by people ranting and raving gibberish and you think it is real and accurate. I accept your proclamation re: evolution with as much gusto as I would accept Kim Kardashian's proclamation that she has never had collagen injections.

When they could take 5 minutes to visit youtube or a search engine to type: "scientific evidence for creationism". Which would lay most of their misconceptions to rest.
Most - no, pretty much all of my "misconceptions" re: creationism have been vindicated when watching YouTube creationists rant and rave like lunatics - even people like James Tour.

You may find such internet nonsense valid because I suspect you don't know any better.
So forgive the actually educated and informed if we laugh at your hubris.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And yet you share videos by people ranting and raving gibberish and you think it is real and accurate. I accept your proclamation re: evolution with as much gusto as I would accept Kim Kardashian's proclamation that she has never had collagen injections.

Most - no, pretty much all of my "misconceptions" re: creationism have been vindicated when watching YouTube creationists rant and rave like lunatics - even people like James Tour.

You may find such internet nonsense valid because I suspect you don't know any better.
So forgive the actually educated and informed if we laugh at your hubris.

Against the possibility that there is a misconception re
creationism to address, we would really like to see
the best example of a fact from the creationists side.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your objective to use the wheel as a validation for YEC can only be consistent if the date 3500 BC is assumed to be correct.
To then go on and claim the methods for coming up with this date are wrong is ridiculously contradictory.
You can’t have it both ways.

Another point that destroys your argument is the sequencing of the technological advancements.
The wheel as a transportation device was introduced in Egypt from the 5th dynasty yet the Great Pyramid was constructed in the 4th dynasty.
The Great Pyramid is a far greater technological advancement than the wheel yet precedes it.
As a matter of interest I posed the question to Chris Naunton the world renowned Egyptologist about introduction of the wheel to ancient Egypt and amazingly the Egyptians at the earliest began using the wheel from the 13th dynasty centuries after the construction of the Great Pyramid.

Chris Naunton said:
Hi Steven,
As far as we know the wheel was introduced to Egypt during the Second Intermediate Period (13th - 17th Dynasties) by the ‘Hyksos’ group who originated somewhere in the Levant. So, it would not have been in use at the time of the construction of the Giza pyramids. As arras we are aware, the large stone blocks that were used to build the pyramids were hauled along, probably on sleds or similar, by ropes.
Best wishes,
Chris

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
There was no competition and no struggle present with evolutionary theory being adopted. There was never an open discussion or debate between creationism and evolution that was credible or objective. Nor any real attempt made to vet competing theories like creationism or evolution for integrity.
This is mistaken - Darwin & Wallace's papers were read to the Linnean Society in 1858 with little initial impact. Darwin then wrote 'The Origin of Species' for public consumption. There was considerable opposition from men of letters, including Darwin's old teacher, Adam Sedgewick.

But some eminent friends of Darwin, like Joseph Hooker, Charles Lyell, and Thomas Huxley, were convinced by his work and there was a lengthy period of argument and debate in which they put the case for evolution to academicians and fellows of the Royal Society, many of whom still believed man was created by God apart from the animals. These debates famously culminated in 'The Great Debate' between Huxley and Bishop Wilberforce at the British Association for the Advancement of Science in Oxford, in June 1860.

To claim there was never open discussion or debate is simply wrong.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,191.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not surprised that an ambush predator who hunted kangaroos might be a real problem for humans.
Learning it's habits would
This is mistaken - Darwin & Wallace's papers were read to the Linnean Society in 1858 with little initial impact. Darwin then wrote 'The Origin of Species' for public consumption. There was considerable opposition from men of letters, including Darwin's old teacher, Adam Sedgewick.

But some eminent friends of Darwin, like Joseph Hooker, Charles Lyell, and Thomas Huxley, were convinced by his work and there was a lengthy period of argument and debate in which they put the case for evolution to academicians and fellows of the Royal Society, many of whom still believed man was created by God apart from the animals. These debates famously culminated in 'The Great Debate' between Huxley and Bishop Wilberforce at the British Association for the Advancement of Science in Oxford, in June 1860.

To claim there was never open discussion or debate is simply wrong.

After being being the only "theory" in the West, and
with all the time since Dsrwin to promote creationism
it's hardly been a fair and equal contest.

Nothing seems to affect creationism. No lack of evidence,
no falsification of its claims makes any difference.

"Darwinism" OTOH, hangs always by a figurative thread,
for lo, one contrary fact could be the end of it.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And share other examples of science that christians might be interested in or learn from.

Francis Collins was Christian and partook in the human genome project. Some Christian scientists congregate at the biologos foundation conferences and discuss information through the language of God podcast.

Of course science is just science though. There is no Christian science or Atheist science or Muslim science etc. Only science conducted by each.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’d like to share something I’ve noticed that I’ve never seen anyone mention as evidence against evolution. It’s focused more towards the young earth theory but I believe anything that supports the young earth theory is evidence against evolution since everyone seems to agree that the evolution process couldn’t have taken place in just 6,000 years.

My evidence is based on man’s advancement in technology. Historians believe the wheel was invented some time around 3500 BC. Evolutionists typically believe that man as we know him today has existed for around 300,000 years. So based on man’s technological advancements in just the last 6,000 years, is it more plausible that it took man 500 years to invent the wheel or 285,000 years to invent it? Seeing the advancement man has made in just the last 6,000 years it doesn’t seem plausible to me that it would take him 57 times longer to invent something as primitive as the wheel as it would to invent space travel or every other advanced technology we have today. What are your thoughts?

I think wheels have always existed, but in areas with trees the land is not suitable and where the land is suitable, there are few trees or material to make wheels.

You can just drag a stick and it works pretty good.

• Agree
Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Huh?

That's engineering, not science.
Shipbuilding isn't specifically Christian, in any way shape or form.

Building a ship than can be buoyant and not capsize takes science, science of shipboard engineering, mechanical engineering.

The science behind it is called the buoyant force, and that was applied to the Ark that saved Noah and his family

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
... that was applied to the Ark that saved Noah and his family

Noah was Jewish....

Also, multi deck ships would appear to predate the most commonly posited dates of the Genesis deluge (circa 2300 to 2900 years BC, typically clustered around 2450 BC). At least those given by Biblical literalist/creationist types. So not even Jewish.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Building a ship than can be buoyant and not capsize takes science, science of shipboard engineering, mechanical engineering.

The science behind it is called the buoyant force, and that was applied to the Ark that saved Noah and his family

First, you'd need to show that Noah and his family existed, same with the Ark.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course science is just science though. There is no Christian science or Atheist science or Muslim science etc. Only science conducted by each.
Yes. You can't tell someone's religion (or lack of religion) by reading their scientific papers.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Wow, so nobody ever made boats prior to that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You dont seem to understand the difference between science and engineering.

Also, there was no worldwide flood.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, you'd need to show that Noah and his family existed, same with the Ark.

First, this thread is not about proving the bible, your in the wrong thread if you think it is!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You dont seem to understand the difference between science and engineering.

Also, there was no worldwide flood.

your in the wrong thread as well, its about Christians talking about examples.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Noah was Jewish....

Also, multi deck ships would appear to predate the most commonly posited dates of the Genesis deluge (circa 2300 to 2900 years BC, typically clustered around 2450 BC). At least those given by Biblical literalist/creationist types. So not even Jewish.

what does Jewish have to do with anything?

people long ago was doing things well before the so called bronze age, a harp has steel strings.

Gen 4
21And his brother’s name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play the harp and flute.22And Zillah gave birth to Tubal-cain, a forger of every implement of bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.