Shall Christians beat their swords into plough blades?

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,647.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If Homosexuality was 'involuntary', then God is an unjust God because He specifically calls homosexuality sin.
Do you believe that the sexuality (without any consummating sex act) is in and of itself a sin?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that the sexuality (without any consummating sex act) is in and of itself a sin?
Does God support or condemn Homosexuality?

What I believe means zero unless it aligns with the Word of God.

Romans 1:
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,647.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Does God support or condemn Homosexuality?

What I believe means zero unless it aligns with the Word of God.

Romans 1:
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
That passage condemns practice, which is doing, rather than being. Isn't it?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That passage condemns practice, which is doing, rather than being. Isn't it?
Did you notice the words I highlighted in red?

What did our Lord and Savior say about sin and thoughts?

Matt 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I don’t believe for a second that God made someone homosexual. He would be unjust if He did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not as clear cut on the issue of homosexuality (and the topic has gone right off track anyway). I've heard both sides of the story - my old pastor said to me once "Homosexuals are made; not born". I heard an ex-homosexual testify once that when he was just about to pull the pin on his second suicide attemp, Christ materialised in the corner of the room, moved towards him and somehow seemed to merge with him. He said from that time on he never even had to struggle with the tempation, he'd married a woman who accepted his past, and he had two kids to prove the point.

On the other hand someone I know who is a (celibate) homosexual and who had once been president of a Catholic organisation to assist homosexuals said to me "It's built in! There's nothing you can do about it!" He said he nearly committed suicide over it.

There are people close to us who are homosexual. So I don't judge - I just don't know the fulll story.

Was God just when he created John Merrick, known as the Elephant Man?

1703941433042.png

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Micah 4:3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Is this a call to Christians today, or is it history that Christians need not practice?
Good morning, Xeno.of.athens! I'll try to get this thread back on topic for you lol. As another poster said, I believe this is a prophecy that will be fulfilled when Christ returns to the earth in power and glory and establishes His direct reign over mankind. I personally believe this will be a Kingdom centered in Jerusalem that will reign over the entire world for a thousand years. The nations will be ruled by the King of Kings, Jesus Christ, in an overarching way, but more directly they will be ruled over and judged by resurrected saints. Imagine a society where the rulers and leaders are all righteous, incorruptible, and always making the right decision! Imagine a world where Jesus Himself is arbiter between nations with conflicting needs/desires, and His decisions are always final and binding on all parties. No wars, no injustice, just an enduring and all-encompassing peace over the entire earth. This is a promise of God given through many prophetic passages over a long period of time. God always keeps His promises, and we can rest in and hope for the fulfillment of these promises. As believers we will see it with our own eyes and participate in it! Halleluiah!!!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Shall Christians beat their swords into plough blades?​

Jesus showed us quite clearly that there are times when we will need to pick up a sword.

The Old Testament is filled with examples of God directing His people to war.

War is never desirable, but sometimes necessary.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums