razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That depends on which Christian you're talking to. Some think that if you've thought it, it's just as bad as doing it. Which is silly, if you ask me. Some people really believe that, though.

This is an idea worth pursuing. What did Jesus say on the topic, and/or what did He mean by it?

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aren't all sins equal in the eyes of God?

I think that question gets asked or addressed in different contexts, and it can seem like the same people wind up espousing wildly different ideas. I don't think that's really the case though, just a matter of appearances.

In the context of judgment for sin, I think anybody who both knows God and reads the Bible has no choice but to concede that both punishment and rewards are doled out in differing amounts, based on merit.

A wholly different context is the idea of God's standards, whereby we are either acceptable to Him or not. The most extreme example of this is perhaps the passage that "if you break even one point of the law, you are guilty of breaking all of it." That's an idea that is 100% foreign to Judaism, in which the law was given. Also notice that none of this has any bearing on whether God loves an individual or not.

Considering all the above, it shouldn't be surprising that we will hear different ideas about any of this, and that some statements might seem to conflict.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is an idea worth pursuing. What did Jesus say on the topic, and/or what did He mean by it?

No offense, but I have no desire to engage in debate or even dialogue with you, so no, I don't care to discuss it.

Upvote 0

mathclub

May 15, 2011
Switzerland
✟15,838.00
Faith
Atheist
You won't find a majority on CF accepting that position

unfortunately for you the truth is not voted on. The truth is truth regardless of what popular opinion is.

So that's a Naturalistic Fallacy that we have been discussing, and you're now adding an Argument from Popularity in there.

Want to throw in another one for good measure?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mathclub

May 15, 2011
Switzerland
✟15,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Our sexuality is as natural as growing hair, having teeth, and being either male or female. It is part of being created as human beings.

John
NZ

I didn't argue that fact.

I said that fact is irrelevant to helping us determine what is right and wrong.

Do you understand this yet?

Upvote 0

mathclub

May 15, 2011
Switzerland
✟15,838.00
Faith
Atheist
Good to see you understand that your disingenuous behavior has consequences, including not making others inclined to address your malicious questions. That relegates all your complaints to the status of mere puffery.

actually the fact he doesn't like you is irrelevant to any other points he made

Reactions: selfinflikted
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Good to see you understand that your disingenuous behavior has consequences, including not making others inclined to address your malicious questions. That relegates all your complaints to the status of mere puffery.

ETA: amazing crossposting timing! Your quote didn't say Ed when I wrote this ^_^

What's Ed got to do with it? [/Tina Turner]

Unfortunately, I can't say what I'd like on this forum. I'm one measely point away from being perma-banned, so I Ed.(ited) the post. I think you got the message, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it's not a premise. It's a fallacy.

The premise that you consider it to be a fallacy - is rejected. That some College Prof decided to teach you it is so, does not make it correct, nor applicable here. It does have some limited merit, but it is incumbent upon you to apply it correctly.

The sky is still blue, and above the grass which is still green. This is as it should be, and is no fallacy. Go ahead and argue against it, but don't be deluded into thinking your argument has strength.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been perma-banned, twice.

And yet, you are still here. They must not ban IPs then, and only usernames. lolfail.

Believers are held to a far stricter standard than you are,

You don't have a straight face just now, I know it.

but I still speak the mind of the Lord,

You speak the mind of Raze.

Perfection will be attainable someday, but in the meantime that is only the Christian (future) Hope, not present reality. Obviously ^_^

Obviously.

Upvote 0

back2thebible

Oct 7, 2012
✟422.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, I can't say what I'd like on this forum. I'm one measely point away from being perma-banned, so I Ed.(ited) the post. I think you got the message, though.

I thought Christians were supposed to forgive those who sinned against them when they admitted their error........how could perma-banned even be possible on a Christian websight.....now theres a topic!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought Christians were supposed to forgive those who sinned against them and admitted their error........how could perma-banned even be possible on a Christian websight.....no theres a topic!

lol Excellent point! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0