Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritssadow

Apr 18, 2006
✟7,653.00
Faith
Seeker
Deb7777 said:
Hi Anna, your always welcome to share here and there is also a sexual abuse forum. I thinks its great you found someone to help you through in diffuculties. If you don't mind me asking, do you live by yourself or in a group situation? I'm just hoping there is someone you can confide in and get all the help you need. Of course, never give out personal info on this forum or any forum like address, phone number, city, too many nuts out there and you don't know who's who but maybe someone will have some good advise on how to proceed with certain situations, God bless, post anytime.

I left home when I was 14, and have been in and out of shelters and foster homes. At 17 I met the family I rent a room from now. Its quite a group, 5 kids and mom and dad. I know the oldest daughter pretty well cause until yesterday we worked together.

I have some problems that make keeping a job often difficalt. I disociate, and have panic attacks. My boss didn't understand so I'm looking for another Job.

I have tell the 5th of next month or I'm on the streats again. I know I can servive that way but I don't want to live like that any more.

I'm 19 right now, and going to go to the adult education place to try to get my GED. Other than that I'm looking for a new job.

I am considering joining the Army but I have to have my GED and I don't know how to find my Birth certificate. I also don't know their view on mental heath issues that are under controle by medication!

anyway...

The guy who comes here is the family's friend, and I'm not sure how to tell them. I think they will not believe me! I stay in my room when he is here.

Spiritshaddow

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
spiritssadow said:
I left home when I was 14, and have been in and out of shelters and foster homes. At 17 I met the family I rent a room from now. Its quite a group, 5 kids and mom and dad. I know the oldest daughter pretty well cause until yesterday we worked together.

I have some problems that make keeping a job often difficalt. I disociate, and have panic attacks. My boss didn't understand so I'm looking for another Job.

I have tell the 5th of next month or I'm on the streats again. I know I can servive that way but I don't want to live like that any more.

I'm 19 right now, and going to go to the adult education place to try to get my GED. Other than that I'm looking for a new job.

I am considering joining the Army but I have to have my GED and I don't know how to find my Birth certificate. I also don't know their view on mental heath issues that are under controle by medication!

anyway...

The guy who comes here is the family's friend, and I'm not sure how to tell them. I think they will not believe me! I stay in my room when he is here.

Spiritshaddow
Hi Anna, thanks for sharing. If you feel comfortable I would consider telling the Mother of the house the circumstances and to watch her kids around this person. I would tell her that you choose not to be around when he is present and whether she heeds your advice or not is up to her. I think when you can, you might consider finding another housing situation because of this person who keeps coming into your life. I wouldn't stress about it but something to consider. First thing first, trying to get another job so we'll all lift you up to the Lord to help you in your pursuit of supporting yourself. If you cannot find a job immediately how about unemployment or welfare or some kind of help from a social worker until you get by. Try to get a hold of Social Services and see what they have for women, I would hate to see you on the streets. Call the local Catholic Church up and ask if they know of any programs for young women in need of help. If the local Catholic Church does not, ask them for the Diocese's number, alot of different programs within the Catholic Church and you do not have to be catholic. If you know the City you were born in, I think you can just call that City, get the department that handles records and you should be able to get a copy. So, call City Hall for a starter and they should be able to direct you, God bless.

Upvote 0

spiritssadow

Apr 18, 2006
✟7,653.00
Faith
Seeker
Deb7777 said:
Hi Anna, thanks for sharing. If you feel comfortable I would consider telling the Mother of the house the circumstances and to watch her kids around this person. I would tell her that you choose not to be around when he is present and whether she heeds your advice or not is up to her. I think when you can, you might consider finding another housing situation because of this person who keeps coming into your life. I wouldn't stress about it but something to consider. First thing first, trying to get another job so we'll all lift you up to the Lord to help you in your pursuit of supporting yourself. If you cannot find a job immediately how about unemployment or welfare or some kind of help from a social worker until you get by. Try to get a hold of Social Services and see what they have for women, I would hate to see you on the streets. Call the local Catholic Church up and ask if they know of any programs for young women in need of help. If the local Catholic Church does not, ask them for the Diocese's number, alot of different programs within the Catholic Church and you do not have to be catholic. If you know the City you were born in, I think you can just call that City, get the department that handles records and you should be able to get a copy. So, call City Hall for a starter and they should be able to direct you, God bless.
I talked with the mom about him today. She said she know something was wrong cause I always took the kids to my room to play games. He won't be here any more.

Also they don't want me to go away. Said I am part of their family. I'll do house keeping and stuff until i find work.

Part of a family? I don't know what that means really but it feels special.

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
spiritssadow said:
I talked with the mom about him today. She said she know something was wrong cause I always took the kids to my room to play games. He won't be here any more.

Also they don't want me to go away. Said I am part of their family. I'll do house keeping and stuff until i find work.

Part of a family? I don't know what that means really but it feels special.
That's great Anna, prayers for you and the family you are staying with. Anna, you are part of God's family and your Father in Heaven wants you to get to know the family better. He sent his only Son to lead you home and show you how loved and important you are to him by submitting even unto death so that you might have life and have it to the full. Jesus wants to bless and uplift you with his words, his wisdom, his love and his help to stand by you at all times. God does not leave you alone, in fact, he has assign an Angel to be with you always as a guardian. This world can be a very harsh place to live,one that God did not choose for man and women but our first parents in the garden disobeyed and there were consequences to that disobedience. But in God's great love he did not destroy humankind but would send his Son in time to reconcile humankind back to God through his obedience undoing the offence of our first parents to listen to the serpent(devil) and disobey God's one command. Heaven is now possible to attain since God and man have been reconciled through Jesus. Jesus wants you to inherit his Kingdom where he will wipe away every tear and at the end of the world he will separate the goats from the sheep. God in the old testament warn his people about the effects of sin and to choose the good so that they will live. We need to keep the commandments and when we fail to ask forgiveness so as to continue our walk with our Creator in his wisdom of what is good and what is evil. Jesus says of himself, " I am the way, the truth and the light" he will show you the way, he will give you the truth, he will be your light amidst the darkness to lead you to safe ground where your heart, mind and soul will behold God. Jesus is all yours and he never wants to be separated from you, God bless. Feel free to visit the different congregation forums and fellowship, we have a Catholic forum and your more than welcome. Its under the Congregation Section.

Upvote 0

spiritssadow

Apr 18, 2006
✟7,653.00
Faith
Seeker
Deb7777 said:
Feel free to visit the different congregation forums and fellowship, we have a Catholic forum and your more than welcome. Its under the Congregation Section.

I'm not allowed in those groups. I think its because I put seeker instead of Christian on my aplication.
Anna

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
spiritssadow said:
I'm not allowed in those groups. I think its because I put seeker instead of Christian on my aplication.
Anna
Hi Anna, Your welcome in all the Christian forums to read the threads, you just can't post in them. But now they let everybody be able to post if the thread says "open" then all can post, something new. The other thing is if you ever want to change your icon from seeker just pm a Moderator or you can post a thread seeking help in the forum that says Questions about CF. So feel free to go to the Christian Forums and read the threads and post if you like if the thread says Open, God bless.

Upvote 0

spiritssadow

Apr 18, 2006
✟7,653.00
Faith
Seeker
Deb7777 said:
Hi Anna, Your welcome in all the Christian forums to read the threads, you just can't post in them. But now they let everybody be able to post if the thread says "open" then all can post, something new. The other thing is if you ever want to change your icon from seeker just pm a Moderator or you can post a thread seeking help in the forum that says Questions about CF. So feel free to go to the Christian Forums and read the threads and post if you like if the thread says Open, God bless.
I'm not sure how much is allowed to talk about on here but I would like to tell you some of my life, and how I came to be here.
so This should be marked as a Trigger warning....

I'll begin when I was living with my father who I call Mike. He is not what I call my Daddy because no Daddy would hurt his kids. I guess he couldn't help but drink! A lot of people can't help it, but when he drank he was mean and abused me phisicaly, mentaly, and sexualy. I don't hate him. I feel sorry for him cause he lost a real life!
I ran away a lot, but was always brought back. I started running away at age 11, but 11 year olds don't know better than to hide at the neibors or a close friends. They didn't know why I ran so they always called Mike to take me home again.
It really wasn't a home. Just a run down 1 room cabin with a wood stove, and propain lights. Anyway I was hurt pretty bad for running away, and was always told he could kill me and no one would know. I believed him!
He didn't stop at hurting me, but eventualy payed some people to do bad things to me too. i though guys were evil. when I was 14 one of Mike's friends offered me a way out, so we snuck away when Mike thought other things were happening. .... Ummmm.. i don't think i should say any more right now!
Anna

Reactions: lillybug0514
Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
anna, you can say as much or as little as you need. you might need to watch the words used to make sure it doesn't trigger any filters in the site, but it is more than welcome for you to share your story.

i am sorry you've had to deal with that for so long.

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
spiritssadow said:
I'm not sure how much is allowed to talk about on here but I would like to tell you some of my life, and how I came to be here.
so This should be marked as a Trigger warning....

I'll begin when I was living with my father who I call Mike. He is not what I call my Daddy because no Daddy would hurt his kids. I guess he couldn't help but drink! A lot of people can't help it, but when he drank he was mean and abused me phisicaly, mentaly, and sexualy. I don't hate him. I feel sorry for him cause he lost a real life!
I ran away a lot, but was always brought back. I started running away at age 11, but 11 year olds don't know better than to hide at the neibors or a close friends. They didn't know why I ran so they always called Mike to take me home again.
It really wasn't a home. Just a run down 1 room cabin with a wood stove, and propain lights. Anyway I was hurt pretty bad for running away, and was always told he could kill me and no one would know. I believed him!
He didn't stop at hurting me, but eventualy payed some people to do bad things to me too. i though guys were evil. when I was 14 one of Mike's friends offered me a way out, so we snuck away when Mike thought other things were happening. .... Ummmm.. i don't think i should say any more right now!
Anna
Hi Anna, thanks for sharing, you've had a tough life, I hope you are able to see more good in people and the world than what you have come across. One thing for sure, you can decide to be a person who wants to be a positive in the world and not a negative that effects people for the worse. We're all called to use our free-will for the good. People that use their free-will for the bad really are just making their life one bad experience after another, tragedy to not live life to the full in joy and peace by loving God, neighbor and self. Your father needs prayer because he is a walking dead man, say a prayer for him everyday because his condition is so tragic and has the possibilty to go into eternity and never come back to life in Christ and his Kingdom. I read your last post about going to Church, that's great! Keep going forward Anna and stay close to Christ because you will find no one who loves you like him and who is the way, the truth and the light in this world which can never defeat our Lord and Master. Joy and love will truimph in our life and when Christ stops the clock for this world and demands an accounting from the inhabitants so as to evict those tenants that would cast down his beautiful world and creation into chaos and darkness, we want to be recieved by Christ and not rejected. We want to have a deep love for the things of God, and to let Christ touch the world in so need of healing and love. Jesus is Lord, blest are we if we know it before the great King comes! Blest are we to be able to live in this world knowing good has already defeated evil and its just a matter of time for him to claim full victory, everyday brings us closer to his Knigdom and the day of renewal for the earth. God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
spiritssadow said:
I went to church tonight.:) It was the first one I been too in years. I like the music.
People were realy nice too. I might go back tomarrow for bible study and wednesday for another church service
anna

Wonderful news Anna. What an amazing step to take. It must have been difficult. I'm glad you liked it! It can do amaizng things in helping one cope and recover.
\

I pray that you'll really fing the love that God has for you there. But it takes time - I took a few years to get over what happened to me - even though I was among Christians (and even married!)

Upvote 0

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As it is now, I think it is still more common for women to be assaulted than men. And because of society, men are often ridiculed to the point where I could understand the lack of a desire to go public about one's abuse. It's horrible really. To be assaulted is bad enough. To feel that you'll be ridiculed for talking about your abuse and your journey to heal is just heartbreaking. There are some cruel people in the world.

*hugs* to you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Court in S Africa made a decision yesterday to make sodomy equal to rape - so that offenders will now be charged as rapists instead of for indecent assault - a difference of almost 3 times.

Good news for male victims.

Upvote 0

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's good. I know some places have made all sodomy illegal, which doesn't quite work.

I'm glad to know it means male victims are seen with the same rights as female victims. And that they're being taken more seriously now. It is always sad to hear of people dealing with such a horribly traumatic experience, only to be belittled by those who are supposed to help them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.