Several Local Florida GOP websites depict Donald Trump as the current President of the United States

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m sure there are thousands of crackpot websites in the cyber universe. What’s one more?

But anyway, Florida Democrats can post their own website depicting Donald Trump in an orange prison jumpsuit residing in the state prison at Raiford. Which was also the the final home of such luminaries as Ted Bundy and Aileen Wournos. He’ll be in good company. :oldthumbsup:

Florida is not pursuing any criminal investigations of Trump, at least not yet. NYC, Georgia, and Washington, D.C. are, but they have their own prisons.

I have found Sen. and former Gov. Rick Scott's behavior to have been very distressing, I know the company he led had massive Medicare fraud suits, but I am also concerned about his requiring drug tests for every Floridian receiving public assistance, SNAP, etc. While the program cost far more money than it made because few of the recipients failed the drug tests, one company sold many, many drug tests to Florida. That company was formerly owned by Rick Scott, and, at the time of the sales, was owned by his wife. Is that legal in any way, shape or form?

Conveniently, Rick Scott pushed mandatory drug testing—provided, in part, by his wife’s company, Solantic⁠. Scott transferred his $62 million stake⁠ in the company to his wife only a few months before mandating drug testing for state employees and welfare recipients.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm trying to be patient here. I was referring to the creators and editors of the content of the GOP websites in question, not the media which reported this non-story. Ok, now?
Okay, but I don't believe that "editor" is the correct term for their position.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In this I actually agree with you. I thought TX standing was pretty obvious.

Of course such a precedent would allow states in the future to complain the the SC about voting practices in other states. Maybe that would have been a good bulwark against voting restrictions cropping up here and there?
Yes, Texas' standing in the case was actually brilliant, and it would have been seminal. It was a complete dereliction for the Court not to hear it, especially considering the importance of maintaining public confidence in our electoral process. Most of the justices should be impeached, IMV.

I suppose the precedent could be used as you suggest, but I don't see need for it, as there is no shortages of locally-generated voter access cases already in the court system. But whatever the consequences, the Texas case should have been heard.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Yes, Texas' standing in the case was actually brilliant, and it would have been seminal. It was a complete dereliction for the Court not to hear it, especially considering the importance of maintaining public confidence in our electoral process.Most of the justices should be impeached, IMV.
Didn't the two justices who thought Texas did have standing straight up say they wouldn't have given Texas the relief they sought?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Didn't the two justices who thought Texas did have standing straight up say they wouldn't have given Texas the relief they sought?

Yea, I believe it was Alito and Thomas who said they think the case should be heard because the Supreme Court is where states bring cases when they have a dispute with other states but those two also said they were not going to grant Texas relief.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Florida is not pursuing any criminal investigations of Trump, at least not yet. NYC, Georgia, and Washington, D.C. are, but they have their own prisons.

I have found Sen. and former Gov. Rick Scott's behavior to have been very distressing, I know the company he led had massive Medicare fraud suits, but I am also concerned about his requiring drug tests for every Floridian receiving public assistance, SNAP, etc. While the program cost far more money than it made because few of the recipients failed the drug tests, one company sold many, many drug tests to Florida. That company was formerly owned by Rick Scott, and, at the time of the sales, was owned by his wife. Is that legal in any way, shape or form?

Very true. I’m from GA. The max security state prison is in Reidsville. Which is where Trump belongs if he’s convicted of soliciting the Sec. of State to commit election fraud. GA Democrats can post a web site showing him scrubbing toilets. The caption will be Commander-in-Chief of the toilet brushes. For his entire life, he’s had lawyers and accountants to clean up his messes. It’s only fitting that now he cleans up other people’s messes.

BTW, the Reidsville prison was where MLK was held for a week after being arrested for protesting segregation back in the early 60s. Donald Trump should be honored to be housed in the same place.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If you say so. I was commenting on the idea of making a big deal out of a REPUBLICAN PARTY website saying something political that the other party might not want to read.

Is the Cancel Culture now going to decide what can and can't be printed there, too?
Why do you confuse "something political" with "a fantasy"?

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
it's evidence of certain significant portions of Americans living under a great delusion.

they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness

Welcome to 2nd Thessalonians, America. You've been there for a while, that's the only thing I can figure. You might want to think about taking a step back now. Or, double-down if you want to, it's all the same to me.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,884.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"So what?", indeed. Why should one of the two major parties of the USA write or publish something true?Snow is black.
The earth is a cube.
2+2=6258794268745244963355478952
Fish can fly.
Up is down.
Elvis is alive.
War is peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"So what?", indeed. Why should one of the two major parties of the USA write or publish something true?Snow is black.
This isn't about one of the two major parties of the USA. If it were, there might possibly be an issue here.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why should one of the two major parties of the USA write or publish something true?

Don't worry, it's not like the USA is a superpower or anything. No reason to be concerned if one of their major political parties and a substantial portion of the population chooses to go down the rabbit hole of COMPLETE PARANOID REALITY DIVORCING DELUSION.

No reason at all.

LOL.

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For the record, I agree with this, no matter how many courts won't hear the evidence.

A lot of people consider Biden illegitimate and a usurper. Too bad the courts wouldn't look at the issue to allow the question to be adequately resolved. Reep what you sow.

There were court cases and the many of the judges were right leaning but they still didn't get through because lack of evidence and Trump had bad lawyers, the good ones fled when they could.

Still that doesn't mean people aren't interested in what happened, even if there is a lack of evidence. In fact I started a thread on the logistics of voter fraud so if you have theory on how it happened, please share it.

Logistics of voter fraud

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were a lot of lawsuits, but the Trump team had only filed 4 or 5, none of which were heard as far as evidence is concerned, with the exception of one filed in the state of PA where the court ruled it should be heard by a higher court and that the case had merit (bet your preferred outlet of media lies didn't tell you that part).

Sorry, this is just false. I've read several of the rulings and in evaluating the Trump case, the judge looked at the evidence provided -- and determined that the evidence provided by the Trump campaign did not require an evidentiary hearing. One of the rulings I read did a great job of going through the various affidavits provided with the Trump lawsuit and showed how the affidavits did not provide any evidence of wrongdoing. I've broken it down elsewhere (and don't feel like searching again) but basically the judge found that most of the Trump affidavits actually supported the rules were followed. Most of the rest were complaints that some people who wanted to be poll watchers were not allowed in (or not allowed back in after going to lunch) because there were several hundred Republicans trying to be poll watchers, but only 100 for each party were allowed in to be watchers (though at times there were over 150 Republicans in the room).

What you don't mention about the one that went to a higher court, it was a lawsuit filed about a week before the election where they were challenging the decision to count votes that arrived up to three days after the election, so long as the ballots were postmarked on or before election day. Now, there are two things here, 1) because of how late it was filed, courts were cautious about changing the rules after people had started mailing in ballots that could be late -- courts hate to change "election rules" after voting has started, as it tends to invalidate votes that were made according to the rules at the time the vote was 'cast' (or in this case mailed).

The Supreme Court decided to delay a decision on the case until after the election, so they could see what would happen with the vote and if those late votes might change election results -- if they would not change the vote, then they need not rule before the election was certified but could take their time and decide the case correctly. In the end, the "late" ballots received were smaller than lead that Biden had in Pennsylvania -- so the case was "moot" in terms of the 2020 election. All deciding the case would do is change the vote totals, it could not change the outcome and likely wouldn't have even changed the percentage of the vote each candidate won. As such, from what I recall, the case is on the Supreme Court docket so they can decide the case without having to rush a decision.

Higher courts refused to look at that one as well, regardless of its merit. To make a claim there was no evidence is simply ignorant as there wasn't any court willing to look at the evidence. Not a single one ruled they weren't taking a case from the Trump team because they didn't have any evidence. That line was just a media mantra, not reality.

And, again, this is just false. Again, pretty much every court looked at the evidence provided to them -- they just determined that the evidence provided did not meet the standard required to take the trial further. The Higher Courts reviewed the rulings of the lower courts, they looked at the evidence they were supposed to look at. Since judges went through the affidavits to explain why they did not require a hearing, the Higher Courts examined that evidence to see if the lower court judge was correct. Despite the fact that a number of Trump-appointed higher court judges heard these cases, none of them found fault with the lower court rulings dismissing the cases.

Now, if you want to talk Texas, it was properly decided. Yes, I know a lot of you don't understand "standing" but Texas did not have it. Yes, Texas has an interest in who is elected but they can't tell other states how to conduct their votes. Worse, Texas did some of the same things they complained about other states doing -- such as the governor unilaterally changing voting rules. And notice, again, that the Trump appointed justices voted Texas lacked standing -- so is Trump just incompetent at selecting justices, or maybe the Justices actually followed the law and the Constitution? Regardless, as pointed out, both Justices Alito and Thomas believe that, even not having standing, the Supreme Court was obligated to hear the Texas case. But they did clearly say that, despite voting to hear the case, they would not have ruled in Texas' favor -- and those are two of the most conservative justices in the entire judiciary.

It also ignores all the stuff aggregated in places like this: Here Is The Evidence

So yea, I'm disputing what you said, but I'm certainly not disputing facts, as you didn't actually provide any.

I'm sorry, that "Here is the Evidence" site should be titled, here are the allegations, most of which have already been disproven. As an example the first couple of items on the list were claims of people whose addresses were wrong or illegally voted in Georgia. The issue with that, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI), at the order of the Secretary of State, performed an audit of voting envelopes. In their audit, the GBI found that there were issues with two ballots, where they didn't thing the signatures matching was done correctly -- and upon investigation they found that both votes were lawfully cast. What they didn't find is "fake home addresses" or "out of state voters" -- and they were looking for them.

The rest of the list is more of the same. The Pennsylvania one appears to be on the false claim that there were more votes cast than ballots applied for -- when the truth was that the allegation was based on incorrect information -- the "ballots requested" number was taken from the primary election -- that, in fact, more ballots were requested for the November election than there were total votes. The fact that that "evidence" page hasn't removed numerous items that are proven to be incorrect is pretty strong evidence that the site has zero interest in what is true, instead they want to rile up the gullible.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The court filing by Sidney Powell today was illuminating, as well, filed in response to where she is being sued by Dominion. In the suit, she states, "Given the highly charged and political context of the statements, it is clear that Powell was describing the facts on which she based the lawsuits she filed in support of President Trump. Indeed, Plaintiffs themselves characterize the statements at issue as “wild accusations” and “outlandish claims.” Id. at ¶¶ 2, 60, 97, 111. They are repeatedly labelled “inherently improbable” and even “impossible.” Id. at ¶¶ 110, 111, 114, 116 and 185. Such characterizations of the allegedly defamatory statements further support Defendants’ position that reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process."

Basically, despite repeatedly claiming she had hard evidence and would prove everything -- including going to court so she could show this overwhelming evidence, she is now stating that the claims were actually "wild accusations," "outlandish," and "impossible;" to the point that “reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact.”

Of course, either there are numerous posters here who are "not reasonable" or it would appear that she was making claims (using her "authority" as a lawyer) to get "reasonable people" to believe her. Either way, hopefully it will wake some people up that this idea that the election was "stolen" was a Trump invention, and not something "reasonable people" should have ever believed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums