• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Setbacks

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A Christian family member who was sick died a few months ago, her husband who is a Christian started dating one of her best friends less than 5 months after she died. Now on the day of the funeral, this particular friend was the only friend of my relative that was invited to a family get together after the funeral. My relative had a lot of best friends but she was the only one invited. She was the first one to make a speech about my relative who had died. So it was shocking and disturbing to find out they were dating. It seems as if both of them started dating before my relative, his wife died. This is a man who claims to be a Christian, my relative gave up her career to support him but none of that mattered.

About 2 years or more before my family member died, God had warned me through a dream that her husband got a girlfriend soon after it was found out my relative his wife was ill. I prayed about it, I didn't talk to him about it because I knew it would be inappropriate for me to do so.

For the last two months ever since I found out, I have been very angry at him because of what he did to my relative. He betrayed her with one of her best friends. This is how a lot of men in Jamaica behave, infidelity is considered normal and quite acceptable.

There is another family member who is a pastor but I don't know him, and God showed me about two years ago or more that even though my relative is a pastor and married with children, he had a girlfriend on the side, and God was not amused and I am putting it lightly. God showed me that two of them would die in a car accident. This pastor is extremely popular, people like him and look up to him, and if and when people find out what he has done, it would be absolutely devastating to his family, church members, and others who know him.

The above and other incidents that have occurred in my life have affected the way I view relationships. I know that we are all humans and have our weak moments' none of us is perfect especially me, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why many if not most people in Jamaica feels it is acceptable to cheat on others.

Don't people know there is a God who sees and knows everything? That we will reap what we sow? That hell exists and that every day people die and end up there unable to find peace for eternity?

Why cheat? Why put people in a position to be subjected to mental, emotional, and physical turmoil?

I did not trust anyone at all before the above, and now I have absolutely nothing.

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't people know there is a God who sees and knows everything? That we will reap what we sow? That hell exists and that every day people die and end up there unable to find peace for eternity?

Why cheat? Why put people in a position to be subjected to mental, emotional, and physical turmoil?

I did not trust anyone at all before the above, and now I have absolutely nothing.

That's incredibly disappointing. Unfortunately, it's part of all of us having free will [sigh].

(Prayers).

Upvote 0