Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The problem is where reading or chanting goes off in Serbian, and not Slavonic. My comprehension drops from 85+% to less than 20%.
I’m sure you will pick it up before long, rus.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There's a lot of frustrations with Montenegro from the Serbian Orthodox point of view. Our priest face-palms a lot where that country is concerned. I wish Rus the best. I would tell him to come home to America, but with the LGBT perverse, violent, homeless-laden, crime-ridden, chaotic lunacy that is taking over this country, I'm not sure it's much of an upgrade!
Once you leave the People's Republic of Commiefornistan the actual United States is not so bad ;)

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Church here is Serbian. The would-be Montenegrin nationalistic “Church” is small, and largely underground here. They do things differently than in the Moscow region. Most women don’t cover, for example, but up to Communion, men do generally stand on the right and women on the left in my limited experience here. Many more icons seem to have been made in the Uniate, rather than Byzantine style.

My profession is a thankless one in the US, and not particularly respected or recognized. The only place you can make a basic living is in public education, and we both know how horrible that is now for the traditional Christian. I spent four years in the US learning that the hard way.
I've kinda wonder about that nationalist entity, good to know.

There has been a slight rise in Orthodox schooling based on the classical model. If the jurisdictions here could get their crap together and jointly finance something we could easily have at least twenty or so Orthodox schools. I know of at least two or three that are active and you could probably do well teaching at any of them.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once you leave the People's Republic of Commiefornistan the actual United States is not so bad ;)
The "actual" United States is on its way out. There are plenty of liberals in Texas now, Arizona has been conquered electorally through election fraud and theft, you hear of LGBT nonsense going on in states even like Idaho, Kansas, and other once normal states. I hear friends telling me of liberal towns in Montana. Who'd have thunk that? California is extra awful, but just ahead of the curve. Thank goodness there are a hand full of normal states like Florida left. But even that is doomed to relativism, Marxism, and groupthink after a while.

Upvote 0

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟455,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "actual" United States is on its way out. There are plenty of liberals in Texas now, Arizona has been conquered electorally through election fraud and theft, you hear of LGBT nonsense going on in states even like Idaho, Kansas, and other once normal states. I hear friends telling me of liberal towns in Montana. Who'd have thunk that? California is extra awful, but just ahead of the curve. Thank goodness there are a hand full of normal states like Florida left. But even that is doomed to relativism, Marxism, and groupthink after a while.

I was watching Tucker Carlson and there was a fellow on there who said that he contacted 50 libraries- most that had Drag Queen Story Hour- and asked if he could read some faith-based children's books at library story time.

He said that all of them refused and Alameda (presumably Commiefornia) told him that they especially did not want to be doing that while they were currently running "gender name change workshops."

1*32ltKKvuL0F-oq47ZCgWOQ.webp

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was watching Tucker Carlson and there was a fellow on there who said that he contacted 50 libraries- most that had Drag Queen Story Hour- and asked if he could read some faith-based children's books at library story time.

He said that all of them refused and Alameda (presumably Commiefornia) told him that they especially did not want to be doing that while they were currently running "gender name change workshops."

1*32ltKKvuL0F-oq47ZCgWOQ.webp
yeesh, though not surprising

Upvote 0