Aug 9, 2003
Overland Park, Kansas
Visit site
✟1,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all is this a true story, you're acting as if it is. Secondly I believe that there are many church orginizations that would be willing and able to help her. Thirdly, chances are they probably weren't here long enough to collect disability,maybe....but probably not. I was just eligable this year and I've been working since I was 14, with a handful of those years making better than average wages. What would I do? I know this sounds heartless, but I'd send them back home. We can't be the country that catches every hopeful imigrant in the world. Especially the illegal ones. We have enough economic issues of our own, we don't need to be taking on another countries issues.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Only a nut would say that illegal aliens are entitled to anything, their are plenty of sources that show the situation in California and Arizona are tied directly to the illegal population. No the vast majority of them do not pay taxes.

Upvote 0

Vxer1000

Provoking Thought
Sep 11, 2003
Waukegan, IL
✟9,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
watt said:
yeah screw mexicans especially the ones that become citizens get jobs work just as hard as you and i and pay taxes they dont deserve that money back.
We are talking about illegal aliens here. Not those who legitimately became citizens by going through the proper channels as did my great grandparents. You want US benefits, you go through the proper channels. Illegal aliens are bankrupting our country and throwing the economy into turmoil. This is the main reason for disallowing illegals entry into our country and getting benefits, not just the terrorists aspect. I will not vote for anyone who refuses to control US borders no matter how many other "good" things they do because this erodes away at a nation's sovereignty.

Upvote 0

Vxer1000

Provoking Thought
Sep 11, 2003
Waukegan, IL
✟9,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Silvio Dante said:
Close off the Border to the Mexican Terrorists? Classic...:D. Fact is you do have a moral duty of care to those residing within your borders. In Ireland and indeed the rest of Europe we pay Illegals a small benefit so that they can feed and clothe their families.

Some or us over here call it being Christian....
I liken this train of thought to those who say calling homosexuality wrong is "hateful". You can't help anyone without helping yourself first. There has to be consequences for going around immigration laws(ie-no benefits or deportation) otherwise you advertise to the world that their free meal ticket is here. Some people come here for no other reason than free meals and medical care and make 6-8 babies for our "system" to take care of. Sorry Charlie, no tuna in this can.

Upvote 0

Vxer1000

Provoking Thought
Sep 11, 2003
Waukegan, IL
✟9,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
JillLars said:
Here's the problem...

Big american companies move south of the border so they can pay mexican workers wages that will not feed themselves or their families...

Mexican workers migrate north in hope of finding work to help support their families...

American business within american hire them for wages that would not be livable wages in the U.S., but are significantly higher than what they would be making in mexico, and then they send money back home to help support their families.

So basically the corporations are screwing us all, citizen or not...that's just one view of the issue, I think it goes a lot deeper than just deporting all the mexicans...
I used to install and repair CNC machinery. It was a cool job. I traveled a lot a saw a number of different factories and how they operate. Some factories had to be about 98% mexican or hispanic and I'd guess there were more than a "few" illegals working at these factories. Most of the workers did not speak English(something I feel should be a requirement). American manufacturers are doing what they have to do to survive. Our government has made it impossible to do business in this country without resorting to these type of tactics. Until someone gives NAFTA a good swift kick in the rear it will continue like this.

Upvote 0

the Colonel

STARGATE SG-1!
Oct 1, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,067.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Silvio Dante said:
Thought so....Thanks for the honesty though I fundamentally dissagree with you....

If you're so concerned about the plight of illegal workers (read: NOT Citizens!) in this country, maybe you should start a non-profit organization that provides funds for these poor ol' sods. Put your money where your mouth is.

Since when is it "the Christian thing to do" to have the government pour its bleeding heart out to every poor soul that stumbles into this country? What does the government have to do about being Christian? If you want to be a Christian to these people, go for it. Don't drag the entire rest of the nation's funds with you and your bleeding heart.

The government is designed to protect and defend the general well being of its CITIZENS. The United States of America federal government has no obligation to anyone other than the citizens of this nation. If you want to give me to these people, more power to ya. Don't drag the rest of us with you.

Force said:
All Im saying is I shouldnt have to press one for English!!!!!!!!! This should be a no brainer!
Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vxer1000

Provoking Thought
Sep 11, 2003
Waukegan, IL
✟9,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Silvio Dante said:
Thought so....Thanks for the honesty though I fundamentally dissagree with you....
This is the train of thought that undermines and destroys a nation causing it to lose it's identity. Do you think you are more "humane" than those that think otherwise? The only reason the US is in a position to give charitably to other nations is because we have prospered to the point that we could. If we did as you think we should we would lose the ability to do that and more than just this widow and her children would suffer.

Upvote 0

Silvio Dante

Nov 11, 2003
✟948.00
Faith
Catholic
the Colonel said:
If you're so concerned about the plight of illegal workers (read: NOT Citizens!) in this country, maybe you should start a non-profit organization that provides funds for these poor ol' sods. Put your money where your mouth is.

Funny you should mention that. I actually help out at the local refugge council where both Legal and illegals come for advice on obtaining accommodation and applying for the Benefits they are entitled to over here in Christian Civilised Ireland....

Upvote 0

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
Silvio Dante said:
Funny you should mention that. I actually help out at the local refugge council where both Legal and illegals come for advice on obtaining accommodation and applying for the Benefits they are entitled to over here in Christian Civilised Ireland....

Nice so we should send them your way?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
Exactly, I will be the first to say everyone needs to be treated with with decency and humanity and I do not think the US mistreats immigrants coming here. As I think you know our country is so diverse in nationality. However, I am paying for Social Security now and by the time when I need it, it will not be there for me or others. Why is that not fair? It's like saving in a 401k retirement fund at ENRON.

Upvote 0

Ikaria

Dec 6, 2003
✟2,464.00
Faith
Christian
alonesoldier said:
Watt, I'm third generation Mexican American on my Fathers side.

If this is true, then why did you get so riled up when I asked if you were a Mexican?! :p

Now that I know your background I can see that you had no good reason for taking offence and actually my question was well chosen because your a third generation Mexican American on your father's side!

Seems to me that you just deliberately choose to take offence at things in order to make other ppl look bad. :rolleyes:

But now you caught yourself out! :D

Upvote 0