Self Pleasure is a sin - the simple explanation.

Mary_Magdalene

AKA..Godschosengirl
Feb 3, 2004
✟30,328.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
**********MOD HAT ON**************

I just did a thread clean up. If you notice your post has been deleted, it was either for this rule violation or it contained a quote from a poster that was a rule violation. Staff will not take further action on those violations at this time, but please remember this is a PG rated website and that kids can read your posts.

3.2 Obscene, Vulgar, Racist, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Posts and Links Prohibited.
You will not make posts, attach or link to images, or post links to web pages that are obscene, vulgar, racist, sexually explicit or graphic, or illegal.

Thanks.

-Godschosengirl

***********MOD HAT OFF**************

Upvote 0

paleodoxy

Catechumen
Sep 27, 2005
Depends on the time of day...
✟17,361.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here's my humble take on things.

Onan spilled his seed on the ground, when he was supposed to provide an heir for his (dead) brother (Gen.38). (This is before the nation of Israel was founded, and before the Law forbade incest.)

Onan's sin was not in the act of masturbation. The sin lay in his reason for masturbating. This is the closest thing we have in Scripture to a "theology" of masturbation.

As a professing Christ, here is my perspective on what God is communicating to us here:

The utility or sinfulness of masturbation depends solely on intent. Is it being done for good or for selfish purposes?

If I touch because I'm fantasizing about another woman, that's wrong. If it aids me in resisting temptation, there may be rare occasions when it is a helpful tool.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
paleodoxy said:
Here's my humble take on things.

Onan spilled his seed on the ground, when he was supposed to provide an heir for his (dead) brother (Gen.38). (This is before the nation of Israel was founded, and before the Law forbade incest.)

Onan's sin was not in the act of masturbation. The sin lay in his reason for masturbating. This is the closest thing we have in Scripture to a "theology" of masturbation.

As a professing Christ, here is my perspective on what God is communicating to us here:

The utility or sinfulness of masturbation depends solely on intent. Is it being done for good or for selfish purposes?

If I touch because I'm fantasizing about another woman, that's wrong. If it aids me in resisting temptation, there may be rare occasions when it is a helpful tool.
Though from my reading it wasn't masturbation it was sexual intercourse and he pulled out early causing the seed to fall on the ground. That is quite different to masturbation. I most certainly agree with you that it wass spilling his seed when he was supposed to be providing an heir for his brother. My view on masturbation is that it is neither right nor wrong of itself but rather it is other factors such as motivation and cause that make it right or wrong.

Upvote 0