Seeking christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cymru

Feb 26, 2006
✟7,648.00
Faith
Seeker
Thank you Lord for giving me the strength and the faith to believe in You. Thank you for sending these people to help me, and letting in your light. Thank you for your love... all of you, and your prayers. I'm starting to go to a church youth group with a friend, and honestly, I've never felt so alive. And yes, thank you for the scriptures, they do help. :) I hope to remain on CF too.

Upvote 0

ChasingADream

Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Niagara Falls, Ontario
✟22,349.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Cymru said:
Thank you Lord for giving me the strength and the faith to believe in You. Thank you for sending these people to help me, and letting in your light. Thank you for your love... all of you, and your prayers. I'm starting to go to a church youth group with a friend, and honestly, I've never felt so alive. And yes, thank you for the scriptures, they do help. :) I hope to remain on CF too.

You rock dude. :thumbsup: :hug:

Upvote 0

Breaking Babylon

Who is this King of glory?
Site Supporter
Jan 1, 2006
West Virginia
✟58,374.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"And whosoever shall exalt[raise above] himself shall be abased[lowered in rank or esteem]; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

In humbling yourself to God, He has risen you up as a new creation! Consider yourself holy, righteous, without blemish and washed clean of your sins, Cymru, and I look forward to meeting you in Heaven. It takes a step of boldness to reach out to Christ, and you can rest assured that your new-found faith will do the rest! :)

Read the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, This is merely my reccomendation, but after you're done there I'd urge you to take up Romans. It's an amazing book, along with the Gospels. Praise God, the angels in Heaven were rejoicing for the salvation of your soul!

Words of wisdom: Remain with the church. When in doubt, judge things by the Word of God. Remember that repentance isn't just "I'm sorry", but "I'm sorry and I'll do try with all my might to turn away from my sin," and do so. At all times, be still, and know that He is God. Form a relationship with your Creator. Don't just dedicate 'prayer time' and 'church time' with Him, but keep Him in your mind and heart. Keep yourself in Him, keep the commandments, and keep fighting the good fight. The road that we walk isn't always an easy one, but worth every, single, moment. Remember that trials and temptations builds your patience, and that when you deny yourself the things of the flesh, you grow in the Spirit. Amen.

This has been a blessing for me. PM me anytime. :)

Upvote 0

Davis

Veteran
Jul 23, 2005
Gowanda, NY
✟10,033.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cymru said:
Thank you so much Lord Jesus. This post brought a huge smile and comfort to me this morning.
May you be with this person through his trials and the good times. Amen.

Trust in the Lord!!! :)

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cymru said:
Well, I guess I'm just another person struggling to find God, and a friend of mine is an avid member— I decided, why not?

If you can forgive my need to give a little background to my story, I'll try not to be terribly longwinded. ;)

I was baptized Christian as a baby— however, I've only attended church a scattering of times, all of which were during my early childhood, oft with my grandmother. My father is atheist, and my mother... I believe she is Christian. But our family has never attended church since then, and what with 'seperation of church and state', plus receiving a great majority of my education (seven years) in California, I've never been raised in a religious environment. I was taught the big bang and evolution and I accepted it and thought it was interesting. I still do, really, what kid doesn't like the idea of dinosaurs?

Returning to the point, I recently moved to Texas, and now I'm in high school— other than feeling young and out of place, I feel further seperation now that I'm in an environ where people talk and care about and understand their faith. Growing up around so many people of different religions and races, I didn't think it would be so different here. I guess I realized how much it would matter when talking with my best friends here, people I trusted to accept my beliefs, or lack thereof. The question of my church came up and I truthfully told them I was agnostic, and explained the term, and the conversation instantly died and they both just kind of stared at me. And I looked away, for the first time, ashamed of what I was.

For a long time, I had wondered about the existence of God. I knew that pretty much everything in the Bible was certain to have happened— science actually proved almost all of it ;). I knew Jesus was real, and a great, progressive man. He could easily be the son of God in my eyes, if only I could find it in me to truly believe.

Lately, it's been weighing heavier and heavier on my heart and mind. Part of me very much wants to find God— my life has lately reached a rather depressing low, even though, for the first time, I'm getting good grades and behaving well. My life just seems empty and purposeless. Only one thought has really been dragging me on, and that's finding God and opening up my heart.

But, I'm scared. Of a whole bunch of stuff. Scared of having to take everything I believed and accepted, and taking something new in its place. Scared that subconsciously, I'm doing this for the wrong reasons, not out of love of Jesus and God. Most of all, I'm scared that I'm not strong enough to truly believe, because, even if I can deceive myself, I can't deceive God. Faith is what really matters, and I don't know if I can find it in me.

So... I turn here for help. Because I don't know where else to go. My 'friends' just aren't very mature and I have doubts of their faith... I know that sounds so hypocritical, coming from the person who carries a cross in their pocket because they feel like a liar to display it on their neck, but... I feel so lost. Does anyone have any advice? (And sorry, I didn't exactly keep it short, ^_^')
You are so close,so close.And you are right about faith not coming from outside pressure,but an inner desire.So it was with me.I've been a believer now for about three years.I have been exposed to the type of religion that you describe.It is a turnoff.Look forget about your school mates.Just realise that your faith is between you and God.Christianity is about repentance and forgiveness.Our repentance and Gods forgiveness through Jesus Christ.Accepting Christ is a wonderful beginning to a fantastic adventure.You are on the right track. Don't give up.

Upvote 0

Buttermilk

Oct 19, 2003
✟16,334.00
Faith
Atheist
Cymru said:

:clap:

Upvote 0

CardinalBaseball

Cardinals > Cubs
Sep 22, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Cymru said:
Well, I guess I'm just another person struggling to find God, and a friend of mine is an avid member— I decided, why not?

If you can forgive my need to give a little background to my story, I'll try not to be terribly longwinded. ;)

I was baptized Christian as a baby— however, I've only attended church a scattering of times, all of which were during my early childhood, oft with my grandmother. My father is atheist, and my mother... I believe she is Christian. But our family has never attended church since then, and what with 'seperation of church and state', plus receiving a great majority of my education (seven years) in California, I've never been raised in a religious environment. I was taught the big bang and evolution and I accepted it and thought it was interesting. I still do, really, what kid doesn't like the idea of dinosaurs?

Returning to the point, I recently moved to Texas, and now I'm in high school— other than feeling young and out of place, I feel further seperation now that I'm in an environ where people talk and care about and understand their faith. Growing up around so many people of different religions and races, I didn't think it would be so different here. I guess I realized how much it would matter when talking with my best friends here, people I trusted to accept my beliefs, or lack thereof. The question of my church came up and I truthfully told them I was agnostic, and explained the term, and the conversation instantly died and they both just kind of stared at me. And I looked away, for the first time, ashamed of what I was.

For a long time, I had wondered about the existence of God. I knew that pretty much everything in the Bible was certain to have happened— science actually proved almost all of it ;). I knew Jesus was real, and a great, progressive man. He could easily be the son of God in my eyes, if only I could find it in me to truly believe.

Lately, it's been weighing heavier and heavier on my heart and mind. Part of me very much wants to find God— my life has lately reached a rather depressing low, even though, for the first time, I'm getting good grades and behaving well. My life just seems empty and purposeless. Only one thought has really been dragging me on, and that's finding God and opening up my heart.

But, I'm scared. Of a whole bunch of stuff. Scared of having to take everything I believed and accepted, and taking something new in its place. Scared that subconsciously, I'm doing this for the wrong reasons, not out of love of Jesus and God. Most of all, I'm scared that I'm not strong enough to truly believe, because, even if I can deceive myself, I can't deceive God. Faith is what really matters, and I don't know if I can find it in me.

So... I turn here for help. Because I don't know where else to go. My 'friends' just aren't very mature and I have doubts of their faith... I know that sounds so hypocritical, coming from the person who carries a cross in their pocket because they feel like a liar to display it on their neck, but... I feel so lost. Does anyone have any advice? (And sorry, I didn't exactly keep it short, ^_^')
Here's a book everyone should read, especially you I suppose, The Case for Christ. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0310209307/bookstorenow57-20/002-5864157-3226411

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Cymru said:

Try this, then decide for yourself, from my own personal teachings, you won't be sorry.

http://www.rbthieme.org/asx/376_1726.asx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
J

jesusfreak_2008

Ask God for strength, for He will give you the right answer. And believe me, if you do decide to accept Christ into your life, all of these feelings that you have will go away. God will give you reassurance in the desicions that you make,especially if you follow HIM. Just Trust in HIM and He will LEAD you in the RIGHT DIRECTION! Trust in God, for He will NEVER leave you ASTRAY! Trust Jesus...HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE!
God will NEVER lead you in the wrong...just remember that! If you are seriously considering Jesus back into your life...go for it girl! What have you got to lose? You will see that you've made the right desicion and God will be so proud you!

I hoped i helped some!
God Bless You,
jesusfreak_2008

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.