Not open for further replies.

zeromiles

Aug 20, 2007
✟7,613.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am conducting a survey for an essay I am writing on the topic of world religions. Please feel free to answer the following four questions. Your responses are greatly appreciated.

1. As a Christian do you find an inner resource of strength and discernment? Yes or no.
2. Where does this inner strength come from? Is it a personal/rational resource? Yes or no.
3. Is it something unexplainable? Yes or no.
4. From birth to death, do ALL people have a potential chance of realizing this inner resource of strength? Yes or no.

N

never_stop

1. As a Christian do you find an inner resource of strength and discernment? Yes, that inner source is Christ who dwells in me.
2. Where does this inner strength come from? Is it a personal/rational resource? It comes from God and is both personal and rational.
3. Is it something unexplainable? It may be explainable, but I do not possess the vocabulary to explain it.
4. From birth to death, do ALL people have a potential chance of realizing this inner resource of strength? Absolutely. I don't believe in this predestined elect stuff. I believe everyone that gives even the most minuscule, yet earnest effort to know Gos will find He makes Himself known to them. It takes a lot of stubbornness to reject God entirely.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
1. yes.
2. God and rational
3. I think it is explainable, one has to search to find the vocabulary and ideas to express it. That takes time and then one needs to meditate on the ideas and info and ones personal life for it all to become personal.
4. yes

Upvote 0

BigNorsk

Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
✟18,457.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
1. As a Christian do you find an inner resource of strength and discernment? Yes or no.
Of course, but it's not only an inner voice there is the external word.

2. Where does this inner strength come from? Is it a personal/rational resource? Yes or no.
I think from that you are asking if I or my mind is the source, no.

No, it's explained quite well in the Bible.

4. From birth to death, do ALL people have a potential chance of realizing this inner resource of strength? Yes or no.
Yes, people have the potential but it is not something inherant in people, but the way you word it it sounds like again you are asking if it is within them, which it is not, rather it is a gift they receive when they come to saving faith.

Upvote 0

godismyabba

Bondservant of the Most High God
Dec 26, 2007
Lost in Space
✟17,298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am conducting a survey for an essay I am writing on the topic of world religions. Please feel free to answer the following four questions. Your responses are greatly appreciated.

1. Yes
2. Comes from God, may not be rational to some, but I know the difference between my atheist days and now..
3. Unexplainable? again, to some.. not to people who know God
4. From birth? No, I think to realize this inner resource of strength you have to be able to think. Babies can't do that. My kids, even young ones, are amazingly insightful. So depending on maturity, yes... all the way to the end of your life.

Remember, these are answered from a Christian standpoint. I know who I am and WHOSE I am, so I give all credit and glory to God. I know people who are not Christians who seem to possess this inner strength, wisdom and discernment, but I don't know their hearts (so I don't know their struggles)...

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
1. As a Christian do you find an inner resource of strength and discernment? Yes.
2. Where does this inner strength come from? Is it a personal/rational resource? My inner strength comes from God. And yes it is a personal resource because God is a personal God. It affects my day to day life, and has gotten me out of alot of doubt and dark nights of the soul. Whether it's rational or not is completely different. God often doesn't make sense to me.
3. Is it something unexplainable? Yes and No. It makes sense in the fact that I recieved a never ending source of it after my conversion. The strength I have is given to me because God inhabits me. However why he desires me as his child, to be an instrument of his power is unexplainable.
4. From birth to death, do ALL people have a potential chance of realizing this inner resource of strength? Yes I think so. I think God gives strength to people, be they Christian or not in their time of need. I think everyone has the ability to understand it once they mature.

Upvote 0

dead2self

Christian Hedonist
Jun 3, 2008
Prince George, BC
✟10,094.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

1. Yes
2. The Holy Spirit. This somes through a personal relationship with Jesus and I think is boht personal and rational.
3. No.
4. Yes and No. While anyone who believes will be saved, God did elect those who would before the foundations of the world were laid.

Upvote 0

dayknee

Mar 13, 2007
Indiana
✟16,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

1. Yes.
2. From God..It is personal. God gives me strength based on his word. He will never leave me nor forsake me.
3. Yes its explainable according to Gods word.
4. No..not all people have a chance to realize this..God already knows who he saves and who he doesnt. It was already laid down before the foundation of the earth. Our salvation has already been decided.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.