Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: ContraMundum
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does anyone ever hold Seders for Churches?
If so:

Do you advertise in the News papers?

Send out flyers?

By word of mouth?

Or do you not even bother?

Could this be a way to fulfill Matt 28:19?

I don't attend any churches so it would probably be up to me to lead and I don't think the female is supposed to lead the seder? If they can, I might consider it for next year.....

Upvote 0

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Torah
Why would a church want to hold a seder?
to get back to there roots. 1 Corinthians 5:7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.

How so?

Matt19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
To be a disciple one should follow there master!

Upvote 0

Heber

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2008
✟21,923.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If so:

Send out flyers?

By word of mouth?

Some do, often on Maundy Thursday (near Easter Day) evening remembering Yeshua's 'last supper'. These services are usually for local believers from various congregations and may attract unwelcome attention from others in the Church. Other congregations do so at various times of the year and publicise them in a very restricted way, largely because of anti-semitism which is quite rife in the UK, both within denominations and in the secular world. In the UK Jews for Jesus are the group most often used to explain Passover - I've heard a couple of their presentations and have been frustrated by what I thought were limited explanations, though if it helps other people to look more deeply then it has done its work.

Upvote 0

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Some do, often on Maundy Thursday (near Easter Day) evening remembering Yeshua's 'last supper'. These services are usually for local believers from various congregations and may attract unwelcome attention from others in the Church. Other congregations do so at various times of the year and publicise them in a very restricted way, largely because of anti-semitism which is quite rife in the UK, both within denominations and in the secular world. In the UK Jews for Jesus are the group most often used to explain Passover - I've heard a couple of their presentations and have been frustrated by what I thought were limited explanations, though if it helps other people to look more deeply then it has done its work.
I apologies, I was mistaken! Thank you Heber it wasJews for Jesus that just explain Passover Seder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If so:

Send out flyers?

By word of mouth?

The reason I asked these question is because I have found that more Churches are becoming more interested in The Passover Seder.

About 5 years ago My Family and some friends rented a large building and held a Passover Seder with dinner. There were about 300 people who attended.

Because of that Passover Seder I have had Pastors call and ask if we could hold a Seder at there Church.

I Believe this has open a door to help break down walls of misunderstanding.

This is the Messianic Passover Haggadah that I use.
http://www.messianicjewish.net/store/products.php?pid=269&catid=35&detail=true

I also sell books [at cost] at these Seders.

God`s Appointed Times
A Practical Guide for Understanding and Celebrating the Biblical Holidays

http://www.messianicjewish.net/store/products.php?pid=434&catid=29&detail=true

Celebrating Biblical Feasts
https://market.android.com/details?id=book-BcnP5WZwA9kC

Upvote 0

Heber

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2008
✟21,923.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The reason I asked these question is because I have found that more Churches are becoming more interested in The Passover Seder.

About 5 years ago My Family and some friends rented a large building and held a Passover Seder with dinner. There were about 300 people who attended.

Because of that Passover Seder I have had Pastors call and ask if we could hold a Seder at thereChurch.

I Believe this has open a door to help break down walls of misunderstanding.

This is the Messianic Passover Haggadah that I use.
http://www.messianicjewish.net/store/products.php?pid=269&catid=35&detail=true

I also sell books [at cost] at these Seders.

God`s Appointed Times
A Practical Guide for Understanding and Celebrating the Biblical Holidays

http://www.messianicjewish.net/store/products.php?pid=434&catid=29&detail=true

Celebrating Biblical Feasts
https://market.android.com/details?id=book-BcnP5WZwA9kC

Keep at it. The books are very useful ones for people to have.

btw your first link doesn't work and your last link takes you to a holding page only, but Barney wins! Yay! Good book!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

MessianicMommy

Back home, churches contacted our congregation to hold seders. We went every 5th Sunday to do some work at a teeny tiny backwater congregation, and they asked us up. A Methodist church and several Baptist churches asked for seders as well almost every year that I was involved there. I helped a few times with the other seders as well as our own, as my work schedule allowed.

However, I have not heard if there are congregations asking for such services here in Germany. Beit Sar Shalom would be the ones to contact and ask though.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If so:

Send out flyers?

By word of mouth?

You have considered asking the local Jewish community how they feel about this?

Trust me...they find it very....weird.

Reactions: ChavaK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.. it is a Messianic seder... and a teaching tool for Yeshua..:thumbsup:

It's not a "Messianic Seder" if you're holding it in a Christian Church. It's merely a demonstration of a Jewish Seder with a Christian interpretation of it (which is the correct interpetation, yes IMHO). If you are Gentiles holding it in your Messianic Congregation, then it is an imitation of a Jewish Seder.

The Body and Blood of Jesus are the means whereby true disciples of Jesus are to find grace in the Holy Supper "this is my Body...this is my Blood" "unless you drink...you have no life in you" etc (you know the verses) - whether it is a "seder" or not. If He is not present it is just a memorial meal that recalls the gracious acts of God to the Jewish people.

Now...explain what it is you do with this. Please.

Reactions: ChavaK
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
It's not a "Messianic Seder" if you're holding it in a Christian Church. It's merely a demonstration of a Jewish Seder with a Christian interpretation of it (which is the correct interpetation, yes IMHO). If you are Gentiles holding it in your Messianic Congregation, then it is an imitation of a Jewish Seder.

The Body and Blood of Jesus are the means whereby true disciples of Jesus are to find grace in the Holy Supper "this is my Body...this is my Blood" "unless you drink...you have no life in you" etc (you know the verses) - whether it is a "seder" or not. If He is not present it is just a memorial meal that recalls the gracious acts of God to the Jewish people.

Now...explain what it is you do with this. Please.
I enjoy the moment back in time with my fellow believers when Yeshua said those things.. makes it a great memorial.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It's merely a demonstration of a Jewish Seder with a Christian interpretation of it. If you are Gentiles holding it in your Messianic Congregation, then it is an imitation of a Jewish Seder.

... it is just a memorial meal that recalls the gracious acts of God to the Jewish people.

That's why I don't understand why Churches would hold a seder...a seder
is a celebration of Jews being granted their freedom from Egypt, and the
beginning of the creation of the Jewish nation.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
That's why I don't understand why Churches would hold a seder...a seder
is a celebration of Jews being granted their freedom from Egypt, and the
beginning of the creation of the Jewish nation.

and the last night Yeshua had to be with his disciples... as just as it is a celebration for Jews granted freedom from Egypt.. so our Messiah has given us a way of gaining freedom from Spiritual Egypt...:clap:

Upvote 0