Not open for further replies.

Drummerdave96

Jul 5, 2007
✟15,168.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Just because something is secular doesn't mean it's sinful. However, it certainly can be sinful. But at the same time, just because we label something as "religious" doesn't automatically make it right. In our society, I think most of what we do is secular. School, college, our careers, our goals, our ambitions, etc. If it's not done completely for the sake of glorifying God, then it is secular. And that doesn't make it a sin.....but it is most likely a waste of time.
I even think making money is secular, if it isn't used to help someone else in need. Jesus says somewhere in Matthew 6, "You can not serve both God and money, you will love one and hate the other, or the other way around." And you may ask "well then how do I eat? how do I buy clothes?"And the very next passage explains all of that. Read it for yourself (matthew 6:25-34), because I don't feel like typing anymore.

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just because something is secular doesn't mean it's sinful. However, it certainly can be sinful. But at the same time, just because we label something as "religious" doesn't automatically make it right. In our society, I think most of what we do is secular. School, college, our careers, our goals, our ambitions, etc. If it's not done completely for the sake of glorifying God, then it is secular. And that doesn't make it a sin.....but it is most likely a waste of time.
I even think making money is secular, if it isn't used to help someone else in need. Jesus says somewhere in Matthew 6, "You can not serve both God and money, you will love one and hate the other, or the other way around." And you may ask "well then how do I eat? how do I buy clothes?"And the very next passage explains all of that. Read it for yourself (matthew 6:25-34), because I don't feel like typing anymore.

excellent point

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.