Visit site
✟16,968.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am starting to eacha high school sunday school class ina couple of weeks and me and the youth pastor are looking for a chart that says if you like "so and so" secular artist you will like "so and so" Christian artsit. If you know where i can find any good ones let me know. Thanks A Lot.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't like such charts because

1. They're inaccurate
2. They help reinforce the notion that Christian bands just copy secular bands and but the difference is they are Christian. That is true in some cases, in others it's the record company that is to blame (since they all shop for bands who are producing the trendiest sound).

Upvote 0

MoreInSorrow

Your tomorrow will never take you past My palm
Mar 17, 2005
✟2,233.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
twistedsketch said:

1. They're inaccurate
2. They help reinforce the notion that Christian bands just copy secular bands and but the difference is they are Christian. That is true in some cases, in others it's the record company that is to blame (since they all shop for bands who are producing the trendiest sound).
agreed, agreed, agreed.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
General_Peanut said:
I am starting to eacha high school sunday school class ina couple of weeks and me and the youth pastor are looking for a chart that says if you like "so and so" secular artist you will like "so and so" Christian artsit. If you know where i can find any good ones let me know. Thanks A Lot.

They don't make Christian music in the styles I like so I'm probably not the best person to help you.

Good luck, though.

Upvote 0

WhenFinallySetFree777

*~[such a beautiful surrender]~*
Jan 22, 2005
Earth
✟2,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

1. They're inaccurate

Oh so true, my friend.

Upvote 0

enelya_taralom

Catch the wave.....
Aug 2, 2004
✟10,398.00
Faith
Christian
Agreed to all the above reasons. I once took a look at a chart that said if I liked U2 I'd like Delirious. Well U2 is my fave band, but when I heard my first Delirious album I hated it!! So yeah definitley inaccruate. Also, if I like U2 why would I need to listen to a band that sounds like them? We should try to encourage more creativity and variety than that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others

I've seen those. They used to be available at the Christian bookstore. They were kind of yellow with a black border and lettering.

Sometimes they make good comparisons; sometimes they don't.

Upvote 0

WintarNaht

On a cold winter's night that was so deep...
Jul 24, 2004
✟26,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've seen those. They used to be available at the Christian bookstore. They were kind of yellow with a black border and lettering.

Sometimes they make good comparisons; sometimes they don't.
No kidding. One of them compared Skillet to Slipknot.^_^

Upvote 0

ListenerFriendly

I Am My Own Adversary...
Mar 25, 2006
The Westward End Of An Eastbound Sh
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1. They're inaccurate

You are right... first off they'll say Jeremy Camp is nickleback and Kutless is creed. Really, I don't like the CCM tags, and often it shows that CCm is a cheap secular rip-off, and never listen to it. In fact, that's not true with some artists, it is with ofthers. But I think if you need to "pigeon-hole" styles for people, I would reccomend bringing lists of artists in certain genres and sub genres. So if somebody says, I likerap/rock they get a variety of artists in that vain, or if they like top 40 and so on... That would entice more people to enjoy faith-based music if that's your goal...

ROCK ON

Upvote 0