the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So news outlets and an unnamed source is dependable in this case? Odd how that works for you two.

From the Tweets linked, two Twitter accounts claim "a source" told them this -- and it apparently has been reported in various news publications. Again, we are now supposed to believe unnamed sources?

As for this particular story, if you had listened to her testimony today, she stated this is one story she did not personally witness, so she could not vouch that it was completely true (unlike the other stories where she was present and personally witnessed the things she testified of). I don't think it particularly matters if this story is true, particularly when you look at the rest of her testimony and how much of it has been confirmed in the testimony of other witnesses.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So news outlets and an unnamed source is dependable in this case? Odd how that works for you two.

From the Tweets linked, two Twitter accounts claim "a source" told them this -- and it apparently has been reported in various news publications. Again, we are now supposed to believe unnamed sources?

As for this particular story, if you had listened to her testimony today, she stated this is one story she did not personally witness, so she could not vouch that it was completely true (unlike the other stories where she was present and personally witnessed the things she testified of). I don't think it particularly matters if this story is true, particularly when you look at the rest of her testimony and how much of it has been confirmed in the testimony of other witnesses.
I disagree it matters very much if she is testifying to things she has no actual knowledge of it casts doubt on the reliability of her entire testimony and considering the fact that there is no cross examination I find it very problematic additionally I find it objectionable that such testimony would be accepted by the committee, it speaks to the desire of the committee to paint a picture regardless of the truthfulness of that picture. AND it appears that eye witnesses are available to testify that the event or events she described did not in fact happen at all, that makes her a very unreliable witness.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I did hear her say that, the attorneys who are members of this inquisition know very well that is hearsay but they let her go ahead. Why present such accusations if it doesn't matter if the accusations are true?
If she is lying, and either she or the Secret Service people are lying, then that is important because if she is lying it discredits the rest of her information. Our nation went through this with the previous Russia/Trump hoaxes, the hoaxes were based on supposedly verified information that was never verified.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I disagree it matters very much if she is testifying to things she has no actual knowledge of it casts doubt on the reliability of her entire testimony and considering the fact that there is no cross examination I find it very problematic additionally I find it objectionable that such testimony would be accepted by the committee, it speaks to the desire of the committee to paint a picture regardless of the truthfulness of that picture. AND it appears that eye witnesses are available to testify that the event or events she described did not in fact happen at all, that makes her a very unreliable witness.
I thought she was very clear about what she personally witnessed (most of it) vs what she was told. There was no attempt to conflate the two in her testimony.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought she was very clear about what she personally witnessed (most of it) vs what she was told. There was no attempt to conflate the two in her testimony.

Of course she was clear.

But one would have to actually watch her testimony....as opposed to posting headlines from the Daily Mail.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums