USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
by the way guys, i keep hearing from the movie da vinci code and dan brown's novels i think his name is concerning his religious books that the bloodline of jesus still lives...do you guys think an heir of his lives? if he or she lives, do you think he/she would be welcomed? do you think the most recent heir for jesus would dethrone the highest seating rank of christiainity which i would assume would be the pope, am i correct?
Jesus was celibate and did not have any children, so He never had any heirs by blood. Even if He did, the heir wouldn't have the same powers He had since he/she wouldn't be the Son of God, and could not dethrone the Pope or other high ranks of Christianity.

I guess you could say that all good Christians are like heirs of Jesus, not by blood but by faith. But we of course do not have the kind of power He did.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
so is christ considered king of all? would that be a proper title as well other than lord? or is the label lord fine as it is. i can only imagine how much when christ was born, how much he strengthened christianity in morale and like in general...making a great foundation for christians...or am i wrong guys? ionno. there got to have been some greater unification in some way when he was born or i guess so i would hope. bad things must have subsided a little bit when he was born. oh yeah, it brought greater joy to all who accepted him. lol, i guess christians cheat with someone like jesus if he was indeed all powerful. i'm sure many when people knew of christ's birth had plans to use him to their own agendas or maybe i'm wrong....someone as good as christ-it just doesn't fit to do such things, i mean right? well, what we can say, christians was glad of all the sacred traditions and great works jesus christ brought for christians. man, i guess jesus was like a victory prize in many ways given to christians but at the same time a cross to bear because of prejudice and perhaps sometimes hate from other religions and other such people. it seems christians to me whom i knew in the past summoned much will from believing in christ. i suppose one can underestimate the strength of a christian's mind when it comes to willpower who doesn't understand the amount of compassion and passion they have since they don't have the faith. but to me, you can't stop believing in anyone and no one is beyond redeeming themselves. well, i guess we're here to save each other from going away from true truth pathways whatever it is if that's something we wanna do if we see it. one thing is for sure, humans and even animals even of different species sometimes try to take ourselves out of messes.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess you could say that all good Christians are like heirs of Jesus, not by blood but by faith. But we of course do not have the kind of power He did.

A great way of putting it, I think.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
well, no sense in not believing in god and being captured by the enemy for christians. if anyone if these beliefs are true, heaven for anyone is a good place to be in the end. if this is true, there is no other place to turn but god and his ways and it's the best deal out there. i mean it's a good deal if true enough. Why? Because if these beliefs are true, god is the most powerful being ever indeed confirmed. and with life with god is kind of a treasure treat, you never know what he has in store for you if you believe in it. as you can see, i wonder about these beliefs a lot for we should ever be seeking knowledge i think. i guess it's all about who you know to bring you to the truth of life...whoever has it. i have always found christian worship interesting and prevalent in my life in the knowledge of it all since i find it beautiful. as you can see, i listen to any almost angle of knowledge. i see, when people become true christian believers and it's involved in their life, things really change for them. though, people must deal with life in their own way to choose what they want. many atheists may wonder why the devil must come back, but that doesn't mean god doesn't care about your moral insight and detection skill.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had forgotten how seemingly exciting the book of Acts starts off. With all the miraculous powers of healing and enthusiasm to preach the Gospel that was given by the Spirit upon the apostles Peter and the others upon Jesus' return to wherever it is in the heavens that He watches over us today - unseen and physically unheard yet we believe He is there and He is the real Son of God. :) And they certainly didn't waste any time putting those blessings to good use after Jesus left them, it seems. The beginnings of the first church here on Earth.

According to the MEV summary of Acts, it was apparently written in 62 AD and in conjunction with Luke's gospel account, so I assume this means Luke is the observer and writer of the Acts of the Apostles as well. It appears that later on it was decided that for clarity the gospel account would be separated from the acts of the apostles and instead included with the three other gospels Matthew, Mark, and John, to where it is now named the book of Luke (or the Gospel according to Luke, as I personally prefer :) ). And so the part of the Bible we started reading yesterday, of the miracles and gospel preaching that Peter and the other apostles did after Jesus' departure from our mortal midst, is now the book of Acts.:angel:

I will leave it at this for today and wait until tomorrow to post the next reading, everyone who is participating. Need a bit of time to catch up personally, since I am using extra time this month and the next to read aloud the gospel according to Luke and post it to my YouTube channel. Seeing as it has for some time - generally since my trials six years ago now that radically changed my attitude towards a lot of things in my personal faith - been my personal favorite of the four gospel accounts with it's focus on the healing and mercy of Christ during His ministry on Earth. ^-^

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I had forgotten how seemingly exciting the book of Acts starts off. With all the miraculous powers of healing and enthusiasm to preach the Gospel that was given by the Spirit upon the apostles Peter and the others upon Jesus' return to wherever it is in the heavens that He watches over us today - unseen and physically unheard yet we believe He is there and He is the real Son of God. :) And they certainly didn't waste any time putting those blessings to good use after Jesus left them, it seems. The beginnings of the first church here on Earth.
It was nice to read the beginning of Acts and how the Apostles healed and preached with the Holy Spirit. :)

According to the MEV summary of Acts, it was apparently written in 62 AD and in conjunction with Luke's gospel account, so I assume this means Luke is the observer and writer of the Acts of the Apostles as well. It appears that later on it was decided that for clarity the gospel account would be separated from the acts of the apostles and instead included with the three other gospels Matthew, Mark, and John, to where it is now named the book of Luke (or the Gospel according to Luke, as I personally prefer :) ). And so the part of the Bible we started reading yesterday, of the miracles and gospel preaching that Peter and the other apostles did after Jesus' departure from our mortal midst, is now the book of Acts.:angel:
Very interesting! I did not know that Acts was originally with the Gospel of Luke. I didn't read the NAB summary yet, but it does state that Luke is the author.

Need a bit of time to catch up personally, since I am using extra time this month and the next to read aloud the gospel according to Luke and post it to my YouTube channel.
This is a great idea! I might be interested in hearing this reading. :)

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I'm back.

Jan 9

Galatians 1 through 3

Here is the MEV summary of Paul's Epistle to the people of Galatia:

Galatians was probably written in Rome in about AD 48. The purpose for this letter was to correct the spiritually unstable Galatians for engaging in covenantal legalism and adhering to Judaizing teacher from Judea. This epistle is best understood from a Jewish perspective, given its frequent references to the law and to the circumcision. the issues addressed have their roots in Judaism. Paul was deliberating about important issues that distinguish the Gospel from the letter of the law. Careful attention must be taken so as not to conclude that the apostle is rejecting the Jewish people instead of Judaism's covenant stipulations that became obsolete when Jesus inaugurated the New Covenant. The Holy Spirit guides the Christian life, and believers in Christ are recognized by the fruit of the Spirit. Indeed, we are free from the demands of the Old Testament Jewish law so we can live freely by God's Holy Spirit in the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry, I'm back.

Jan 9

Galatians 1 through 3

Here is the MEV summary of Paul's Epistle to the people of Galatia:

Galatians was probably written in Rome in about AD 48. The purpose for this letter was to correct the spiritually unstable Galatians for engaging in covenantal legalism and adhering to Judaizing teacher from Judea. This epistle is best understood from a Jewish perspective, given its frequent references to the law and to the circumcision. the issues addressed have their roots in Judaism. Paul was deliberating about important issues that distinguish the Gospel from the letter of the law. Careful attention must be taken so as not to conclude that the apostle is rejecting the Jewish people instead of Judaism's covenant stipulations that became obsolete when Jesus inaugurated the New Covenant. The Holy Spirit guides the Christian life, and believers in Christ are recognized by the fruit of the Spirit. Indeed, we are free from the demands of the Old Testament Jewish law so we can live freely by God's Holy Spirit in the New Covenant.
Glad you're back! :clap:

This Book shows again just how wonderful Christ is; He freed us from the Old Testament law. :angel:

Upvote 0