Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
These are not assertions, these are facts, common understanding if you have any knowledge about a kingdom. That is like asking how do we get a new president? If I say an election must take place, I do not need to give a source. Your questions shows your ignorance concerning politics. No one will ask me "well prove to me, give me sources that you need an election to conduct a presidential inauguration?"

I was asking your source of the facts that you here refer to. In the US the source(s), or facts, for a new president to be elected are the Constitution and the Law, in other countries there may be similar facts. Facts have to be there for people to be able to follow them, facts are not 'common understandings'; kings can abdicate, be deposed and imprisoned or just retire. Presidents can be impeached, resign, be voted out of office or retire.

Which actual facts are you taking into account in making your statements - simple question, really, especially if you are into history or Constitutional development. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I was asking your source of the facts that you here refer to. In the US the source(s), or facts, for a new president to be elected are the Constitution and the Law, in other countries there may be similar facts. Facts have to be there for people to be able to follow them, facts are not 'common understandings'.

Which actual facts are you taking into account in making your statements - simple question, really, especially if you are into history or Constitutional development. :)
There are millions of Americans (even children) that never read a Constitution, have very limited knowledge concerning US law, can not read legal documents; yet they all know that an election has to occur before a presidential inauguration. Did the Constitution legalize slavery? The Constitution says "all men were created equal" yet slavery existed. Everyone knows that "slavery" existed in America (even the whole world), do I need sources to prove to you that the Atlantic Slave trade occured? You are starting to offend me. Okay, you are from UK, do they perform burial for kings or the royal family in the UK?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There are millions of Americans (even children) that never read a Constitution, have very limited knowledge concerning US law, can not read legal documents; yet they all know that an election has to occur before a presidential inauguration. Did the Constitution legalize slavery? The Constitution says "all men were created equal" yet slavery existed. Every knows that "slavery" existed in America (even the whole world), do I need sources to prove to you that the Atlantic Slave trade occured? You are starting to offend me. Okay, you are from UK, do they perform burial for kings or the royal family in the UK?

OK, so no Biblical sources, that is all I was asking for. Not sure why we jumped from scripture to US presidential elections, but no problem. I'll note not to ask of you next time.

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
OK, so no Biblical sources, that is all I was asking for. Not sure why we jumped from scripture to US presidential elections, but no problem. I'll note not to ask of you next time.
I need biblical sources to prove to you that they buried kings in biblical times? I asked you a question, do they perform burial services for the royal family where you are from?- no answer from you (a theologian) so that means you (a theologian) don't know. If you tell me you never heard of a king being buried, then and only then will I even think about entertaining your question with a source. To me it is a complete waste of time, as these things occur each and every day. I guess I need biblical sources to prove to you that there are seven days in a week? Do I also need sources to prove that Sunday is one day out of the week? Or can we just agree there are seven days in a week? Can we just agree that it was "common practice" for the people to bury their king?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I was asking your source of the facts that you here refer to. In the US the source(s), or facts, for a new president to be elected are the Constitution and the Law, in other countries there may be similar facts. Facts have to be there for people to be able to follow them, facts are not 'common understandings'; kings can abdicate, be deposed and imprisoned or just retire. Presidents can be impeached, resign, be voted out of office or retire.

None of these things happen to Moses or his seat, so why are you proposing these "wild or strange" scenarios that never happened with the seat of Moses? Please stay on topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I need biblical sources to prove to you that they buried kings in biblical times? I asked you a question, do they perform burial services for the royal family where you are from?- no answer from you (a theologian) so that means you (a theologian) don't know. If you tell me you never heard of a king being buried, then and only then will I even think about entertaining your question with a source. To me it is a complete waste of time, as these things occur each and every day. I guess I need biblical sources to prove to you that there are seven days in a week? Do I also need sources to prove that Sunday is one day out of the week? Or can we just agree there are seven days in a week? Can we just agree that it was "common practice" for the people to bury their king?

I thought so, you totally missed the point of my question before we went off topic when you started about US elections for some reason I cannot understand. Not to worry!

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I thought so, you totally missed the point of my question before we went off topic when you started about US elections for some reason I cannot understand. Not to worry!
My point is simple, I was explaining "common knowledge", if you argue or debate against "common knowledge" or "common law", you do not truly seek truth. Everyone understands that when you are counting numbers, 1 is counted before 2. Yet you wish to have a debate about simple things like that. Asking me to present sources that kings were buried. You live in UK, do they perform burial for the royal family? You avoiding my question shows me that you are trying to avoid the topic, the seat of Moses. Did Moses receive a "proper" burial before the people? Was anyone crowned immediately after Moses died, did anyone ascend to his seat or throne?
Is it "proper" or "common" to have a funeral service or burial without the body from the deceased?

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Torah does not record any man sitting in the seat of Moses, a heir to the throne can only sit in the king' s chair after the people have buried the king . The "body of Moses" was never found, so no man is allowed to succeed him and sit in his seat, not even his sons. The Pharisees can never sit in Moses seat, the seat of Moses has been reserved for the "body of Moses".

The above post is the one where I asked for your source(s). Moses was not a king, so the dead king idea is irrelevant - ergo my request.

You and another poster then went on a round trip of kings and presidents for some reason.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
My point is simple, I was explaining "common knowledge", if you argue or debate against "common knowledge" or "common law", you do not truly seek truth. Everyone understands that when you are counting numbers, 1 is counted before 2. Yet you wish to have a debate about simple things like that. Asking me to present sources that kings were buried. You live in UK, do they perform burial for the royal family? You avoiding my question shows me that you are trying to avoid the topic, the seat of Moses. Did Moses receive a "proper" burial before the people? Was anyone crowned immediately after Moses died, did anyone ascend to his seat or throne?
Is it "proper" or "common" to have a funeral service or burial without the body from the deceased?
Moses' successor was appointed while he was still alive and the "justice system" was also already in place.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
The Torah does not record any man sitting in the seat of Moses, a heir to the throne can only sit in the king' s chair after the people have buried the king . The "body of Moses" was never found, so no man is allowed to succeed him and sit in his seat, not even his sons. The Pharisees can never sit in Moses seat, the seat of Moses has been reserved for the "body of Moses".

The above post is the one where I asked for your source(s). Moses was not a king, so the dead king idea is irrelevant - ergo my request.

You and another poster then went on a round trip of kings and presidents for some reason.
There's no such thing as a "seat of Moses". It's a symbolic description of authority.

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why only one? And in an obscure synagogue to boot? Why no references in Jewish sources?

I can only tell you what I have seen with my own eyes, at Chorazin - all other information you will need to get from the Museum. :)

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
seat.jpeg

The remains of a synagogue were discovered in the ruins at Chorazin. It was constructed from black basalt stone, found in abundance in the area. The synagogue faced towards Jerusalem, in this case to the South. A broad staircase led to the entrance.

The synagogue consisted of one large hall with benches around the wall for seating during the services.

A Seat of Moses was found during the excavations. It is the only Seat of Moses discovered to date. It is carved from a single stone block, and would have been the place from which the Torah was read.

The original Seat of Moses is in the Israeli Museum in Jerusalem, and only a copy of it remains at Chorazin.

Information courtesy:HolyLandSites: Chorazin - Seat of Moses

Whether Yeshua had this particular one in mind is open to conjecture, but the concept of people sitting in such a seat to consult / teach Tanach is obviously something his hearers would be expected to know. He didn't waste words.

Maybe this is where the idea of a throne for the pope arose, or bishops having their own seat in Anglican church buildings?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Pharisees have no legal authority, they sit in some magical seat belonging to Moses. During these times, Moses has been long dead, no man has ever sat in his seat. The Pharisees were in "bed" with the Roman government, any Roman citizen could exercise their civilian rights. The Pharisees just called the police when they wanted to attack Yeshua. Rome has the power not the hypocrites who ceremonially washed their hands in public. I think Pilate loved to publicly wash his hands when he entertained the people. Pilate and the Pharisees loved to publicly wash their hands "without soap", they desired the opinion of the mob or common people, as they released Barabbas intend of Yeshua. Pilate and the hypocrites hands were full of germs, their hands were dirty, they did not want the legal counsel of prosecuting attorneys or defense attorneys or law judges to settle this legal matter.

Moses set up the system of judges in Israel.
The Pharisees may have usurped the authority
of the judges, but Yeshua wasn't there to fix
the system. He was there to save the people.

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Moses' successor was appointed while he was still alive and the "justice system" was also already in place.
Did Joshua or Aaron sit in Moses seat? Yet you think many years after Moses is long dead, the hypocrites are sitting in this magical seat belonging to Moses? You would have to be blind, to see that is what Yeshua was saying.

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Moses set up the system of judges in Israel.
The Pharisees may have usurped the authority
of the judges, but Yeshua wasn't there to fix
the system. He was there to save the people.
If the hypocrites had Moses seat or "power" why did they have to conspire with the Romans? Did Moses conspire with pharoah to set Israel free? Did the Pharisees perform any miracles as did Moses?

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

You don't accept that Moses was no king? Yet you understand that his seat gave power to the Pharisees? Doesn't a chair belonging to a king besrow authority to his heir, after the prince is crowned, he ascends to the throne or seat? Only a king has a seat that bestows authority. Do you agree? I am asking you not only to read the scriptures but understand them.

Upvote 0