Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think some people think a person gets saved and then just sits back and takes it easy. I think, though, we are supposed to be looking for something:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think some people think a person gets saved and then just sits back and takes it easy. I think, though, we are supposed to be looking for something:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV
Unfortunately, that's a common misconception. Saints need to be discipled, not just saved. They're still saved but unproductive in God's service. James has a rather tough take on it. Peace in Christ:).

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

And Jesus said the the Kingdom is within you. And He also spoke about how to 'see' it...why He came into the world, "that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind."
If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Spirituality is about discovering, not creating our reality. There is nothing outside you/us that can reveal the truth. Paul said the mystery now being revealed, "Christ IN YOU, the hope of glory." And that this revealing had already taken place for Paul. He said God called him from his mother's womb, and by HIS grace "was pleased to reveal His son IN ME."

As we meditate on The Word, it becomes something more...a deeper abiding in it in the form of a relationship between a father that you are the son of...a journey to the truth within that has been from the beginning.
To understand more about who you are, there is only one source...God (a word)...who fills all in all.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom...

Reactions: dreadnought
Upvote 0