Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The COO of one of our state newspapers said something interesting a few days ago. He said that the rise in the crime rate seems high because it is being compared to the pandemic days when everyone stayed home more, and in the early days, were almost completely quarantined.

That hardly sounds like a crazed revolution brought on by BLM, does it?

So then I went on a hunt, and discovered, unsurprisingly, that the lowest crime rates are in the heavily Democratic northeastern U.S. The worst rates are often in the South. Why am I not surprised? Well, I've lived in both areas of the country, and this is the one with all the guns.

Here are the 10 states with the highest crime rates:

1. District of Columbia - 7,985.93 per 100,000 people
  2. New Mexico - 6,462.03 per 100,000 people
  3. Louisiana - 6,408.22 per 100,000 people
  4. Colorado - 6,090.76 per 100,000 people
  5. South Carolina - 5,972.84 per 100,000 people
  6. Arkansas - 5,898.75 per 100,000 people
  7. Oklahoma - 5,869.82 per 100,000 people
  8. Washington - 5,758.57 per 100,000 people
  9. Tennessee - 5,658.30 per 100,000 people
  10. Oregon - 5,609.89 per 100,000 people

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The COO of one of our state newspapers said something interesting a few days ago. He said that the rise in the crime rate seems high because it is being compared to the pandemic days when everyone stayed home more, and in the early days, were almost completely quarantined.

So then I went on a hunt, and discovered, unsurprisingly, that the lowest crime rates are in the heavily Democratic northeastern U.S. The worst rates are often in the South. Why am I not surprised? Well, I've lived in both areas of the country, and this is the one with all the guns.

Most of the increase in crime is due to homicides, and most of the rise is among African-American males. In the wake of George Floyd's murder, there is a sense among this demographic that the people upholding the law are not themselves keepers of the law, so there is less trust and cooperation with law enforcement. It has nothing to do with a generalized increase in lawlessness in the US, which is not happening.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with stats is it takes time to finalize them. For instance the stats for 2022 are incomplete because it's still 2022. A lot of times when I look up stats for various things, they only go up to two or more years ago.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Right, defunding and demoralizing the police has nothing to do with the increase in crime, make no mistake BLM significantly increased crime in this nation.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm surprised nobody has yet brought up the corrupt DAs in some major cities allowing various crimes to not be prosecuted. essentially, by so doing, they promote crime as normal and accepted behavior.
That's another aspect of it. Also a lot of shoplifting isn't being called in to the police, or they don't respond, because it's rampant. I've watched people just walking out of stores with merchandise they didn't pay for. But such reports are called anecdotal and therefore don't stand up to the the rock sold evidence of the statics.

Upvote 0