Seal of Solomon, I Don't know what to think about this. What do you think?

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,697.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve heard of the practice. Keep in mind a few principles on this subject.

There are those who knowingly choose darkness. They need little convincing and are drawn to the benefits which power provides. While they are self-serving a diabolical nature can develop with continued exposure.

There are some within that group who entered in that state. They are the most dangerous of the bunch and should be avoided at all costs. The problem is they rarely appear that way.

And we have the majority who find their way to a similar point through curious reading, seemingly harmless practices (mostly New Age), or close associations.

This group is largely deceived and wouldn’t knowingly walk a dark path on their own. They believe the practice is good and haven’t encountered the shadow side.

Magically speaking, they form a triad: Black, Grey, and White. In respect to the topic at hand, the first two would openly employ the practices associated with the symbol and the latter would use modified practices which cloak the meaning and identities they’re referencing.

The problem with this subject is the likelihood of someone happening onto modified materials without realizing what they’ve really called.

As for the dinners, sometimes you can tell the truth without telling the truth. It’s unlikely the meaning is the literal one most suppose.

Thanks for the information. The topic is interesting and scary at the same time. I've watched a couple of mild videos but mostly I stay away from it. I don't want to find out the hard way that I've gone too far. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for the information. The topic is interesting and scary at the same time. I've watched a couple of mild videos but mostly I stay away from it. I don't want to find out the hard way that I've gone too far. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid.

No, you aren’t. I explored other faiths under the premise they were similar and was greatly deceived. In respect to this subject, I was in the third group whose motives were innocent but unaware of the doors we opened.

When I said Michael isn’t coming I’m speaking from personal experience. ;-)

Reactions: Matt5
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian, This was a concept I had never heard about. The Significance of the Sacred Seal of Solomon and its Symbols A different website with other information and pictures of archaeologically recovered artifacts

So, I wanted to bring it up here for discussion. I think this is an important topic Because As a Christian, I don't know what to think of this concept and I feel even if it's something Christians do not generally subscribe too, We should discuss it for the sake that, The information about this issue is out there. People like me who had never heard this story are now stumbling upon it on the internet. The story goes. The seal of Solomon or the ring of Solomon is a signet ring attributed to King Solomon

220px-Seal_of_Solomon_%28Simple_Version%29.svg.png

This is what the face of the ring would have been purported to look like, This is from the Wikipedia page. Seal of Solomon - Wikipedia
It is said, This image is not a pentagram, But rather this is supposed to be a star of David.
in medieval Jewish tradition and in Islamic and Western occultism, This ring was widely considered to give King Solomon the power to command demons or even speak to animals.

I bring this up for discussion because I just discovered all of this information and I don't know what the broader Christian community thinks of this story. Did this Happen? Did King Solomon Have a ring that commanded demons? Did he Speak to animals? This story is not from our Traditions, But, does that automatically make it untrue? What are your thoughts on this issue? Was this a real thing? Is this some kind of Story from a people with entirely different belief systems?

I would really like anyone's input on this.

One simple question.

What is the relevance of this to Christianity?

A 2nd question.

Where is Solomons ring mention in scripture, if it is not it is irrelevent?

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As a Christian, This was a concept I had never heard about. The Significance of the Sacred Seal of Solomon and its Symbols A different website with other information and pictures of archaeologically recovered artifacts

So, I wanted to bring it up here for discussion. I think this is an important topic Because As a Christian, I don't know what to think of this concept and I feel even if it's something Christians do not generally subscribe too, We should discuss it for the sake that, The information about this issue is out there. People like me who had never heard this story are now stumbling upon it on the internet. The story goes. The seal of Solomon or the ring of Solomon is a signet ring attributed to King Solomon

This is what the face of the ring would have been purported to look like, This is from the Wikipedia page. Seal of Solomon - Wikipedia
It is said, This image is not a pentagram, But rather this is supposed to be a star of David.
in medieval Jewish tradition and in Islamic and Western occultism, This ring was widely considered to give King Solomon the power to command demons or even speak to animals.

I bring this up for discussion because I just discovered all of this information and I don't know what the broader Christian community thinks of this story. Did this Happen? Did King Solomon Have a ring that commanded demons? Did he Speak to animals? This story is not from our Traditions, But, does that automatically make it untrue? What are your thoughts on this issue? Was this a real thing? Is this some kind of Story from a people with entirely different belief systems?

I heard this more than half a lifetime ago.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@LaBèlla , does that mean that the gang-related use of the Star has ties to the occult, rather than to mainline Judaism?

I completely forgot about them! I had to refresh my knowledge. It’s been a long while since I’ve read anything.

The consensus is the symbolism (star) is reflection of its founder who was known as “King David.” Some have suggested that the gangs moved into Jewish areas where the symbol was proliferate and adopted it as their own.

However, I cannot dismiss the symbols they use and their connection with Judeo-Christianity. The root is Satanic.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I heard this idea comes from the "Testament of Solomon":

When a demon named Ornias harasses a young lad (who is favored by Solomon) by stealing half of his pay and sucking out his vitality through the thumb on his right hand, Solomon prays in the temple and receives from the archangel Michael a ring with the seal of God (in the shape of a Pentagram) on it which will enable him to command the demons. Solomon lends the ring to the lad who, by throwing the ring at the demon Ornias, stamps him with the seal and brings him under control. Then Solomon orders the demon Ornias to take the ring and similarly imprint the prince of demons, Beelzebul.

With Beelzebul under his command, Solomon now has all of the demons at his bidding to build the temple. Beelzebul reveals that he was formerly the highest ranking angel in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In scripture two times it describes that star as the star of remphan. It's the sigil of another deity, and has nothing to do with David. Through tradition we've adopted it, but make no mistake it's not a good thing.

Whether or not Solomon used that ring to command anything idk. The only thing we can know for sure is that it's called the star of remphan in scripture.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To bring it to the finest point possible.

Everything a Christian (NEEDS) to know, is to be found in the New Testament.

My first impression of what your referencing is, the Jewish practice of Kabbalah, which is something you would not want to be associated with.

Don't you find it odd, "People like YOU who had never heard this story are now stumbling upon it on the internet." sometimes Satan isn't a subtle as we believe him to be.

No, I do not believe we as Christians should discuss it, any more than we should discuss WICCAN or SCIENTOLOGY based on the grounds it is something Christians do not generally subscribe to, the best understanding on things outside of Christianity would be, "Lets sleeping dogs lie"

With all of that said, if this subject is something which you feel you would like to learn about and thoroughly screw up your life, then by all means investigate it in depth.
Everything a Christian needs to know isn't just in the new testament. Everything a Christian needs to know is all throughout the entire Bible. You can't understand the new testament fully without having the foundation provided by the old testament. Regardless of what's taught, you'll miss more than you can imagine by not regarding the old testament as an equal to the new. They're both two wings of the same bird. No bird can fly without both wings and no theology can stand without both old and new testaments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
In scripture two times it describes that star as the star of remphan. It's the sigil of another deity, and has nothing to do with David. Through tradition we've adopted it, but make no mistake it's not a good thing.

Whether or not Solomon used that ring to command anything idk. The only thing we can know for sure is that it's called the star of remphan in scripture.

Totally pagan.

Act_7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Everything a Christian needs to know isn't just in the new testament. Everything a Christian needs to know is all throughout the entire Bible. You can't understand the new testament fully without having the foundation provided by the old testament. Regardless of what's taught, you'll miss more than you can imagine by not regarding the old testament as an equal to the new. They're both two wings of the same bird. No bird can fly without both wings and no theology can stand without both old and new testaments.

Is it your belief, Paul first had to teach the Old Testament to the Gentiles before he was able to Preach Salvation to them?

Act 17:22,23
22) Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
23) For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

I am not discounting the Old Testament, but it is not needed in order for someone to Preach a Salvation message to nonbelievers, and have them Believe.

Mat. 11:5
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Mat. 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mar. 16:15,16
15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Is it your belief, Paul first had to teach the Old Testament to the Gentiles before he was able to Preach Salvation to them?

22) Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
23) For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

I am not discounting the Old Testament, but it is not needed in order for someone to Preach a Salvation message to nonbelievers, and have them Believe.

The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

All that Jesus and the disciples had was the OT. All 1st Christians were converted by the OT---there was no NT yet.

The first “canon” was the Muratorian Canon, which was compiled in AD 170. The Muratorian Canon included all of the New Testament books except Hebrews, James, and 3 John. In AD 363, the Council of Laodicea stated that only the Old Testament (along with one book of the Apocrypha) and 26 books of the New Testament (everything but Revelation) were canonical and to be read in the churches. The Council of Hippo (AD 393) and the Council of Carthage (AD 397) also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
All that Jesus and the disciples had was the OT. All 1st Christians were converted by the OT---there was no NT yet.

The first “canon” was the Muratorian Canon, which was compiled in AD 170. The Muratorian Canon included all of the New Testament books except Hebrews, James, and 3 John. In AD 363, the Council of Laodicea stated that only the Old Testament (along with one book of the Apocrypha) and 26 books of the New Testament (everything but Revelation) were canonical and to be read in the churches. The Council of Hippo (AD 393) and the Council of Carthage (AD 397) also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

Ok be happy.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is milk of the faith, basic things that everyone can grasp, but there's more to the walk and faith than that. Even that concept, regarding salvation, there's so much more to it than just that, that can only be understood after you understand the old testament. He didn't just die for us to be forgiven of our sins, that's one reason He had to die, but the other equally important reasons can't even begun to be grasped without understanding the old testament.

It is if you plan to reach the Jews with this message. It is if you plan to reach certain people groups. And it still is, if you plan to preach this message to non-believers. See, you say it's not needed, yet the apostle to the gentiles, was Paul, the one who knew the most about the old testament. He even constantly quoted from the old testament all throughout his writings, and even desired to explain the old testament concepts to those he converted. He literally only had the old testament to share the gospel with them, and he converted more than 3000 people. So, if you say it's not needed, I'd say I just plain disagree.

Even that verse in matthew 11:5, it's a quote from the old testament. You can't understand most of what Jesus talks about without a solid grasp of the old testament, because He is only teaching and talking about what is in the old testament. That story of Him telling the adulterous woman "go and sin no more". He wasn't saying, "ye without sin cast the first rock", as in "you've all sinned, therefore you can't judge her", He was just following God's law written in the first five books of the old testament. In order for someone to be stoned for adultery, both the male and the woman that committed adultery had to be present, and the one who saw the adultery was to be the first one to cast the stone. The pharisees never brought the man, they only had the woman, so even if she truly had committed adultery, they couldn't of stoned her without the man. That, and they were trying to get Him to stone her, which, because He didn't witness it, it was against what the old testament teaches. He wasn't saying, you've all sinned, don't judge her, He was saying, as it is according to the old testament, so it shall be done. Which ever one of you is doing this process according to scripture, then do it. But, He knew that they weren't following the scripture, but that they were trying to trick Him to transgress what scripture teaches, which He didn't. Little things like that, that can't be understood without understanding the old testament.

Or like in Romans 7, where Paul straight up says that he's only talking to those that know the law, because the concept he brings up next, can only be understood if you have a solid grasp on what God's law says (which is found in the first five books of the old testament). If we don't understand these things, as Peter says in 2 Peter 3:16, we will twist the truth and cause ourselves to fall into the error of lawlessness, because we are ignorant to the scriptures and are unlearned in the scriptures. Christianity teaches He told that woman to go and sin no more, and that He told the pharisees, "he without sin shall cast the first stone" because He was saying none of you shall judge anyone, but that isn't so when you have a solid understanding of the old testament. You see that the pharisees were trying to trap Him in the act of breaking scripture, but that because He knew the scripture well, He saw that, and corrected them.

16)

• Optimistic
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some will accept it because it's proposed to have been Solomon's. Yes he sacrificed thousands of animals at the temple he had built. God gave him wisdom and talked with him.

But at some point he stopped following what God said and accepted what those around him said. He did several things against God's instructions such as not to marry foreign women. He sacrificed to foreign gods in the high places he had also built.
I Kings 11

Last edited:
Upvote 0